Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-03-2017, 07:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
Nobody remembering Andrew was one of the best running jokes of the show.

Yeah it was lol
Old 09-09-2017, 03:07 AM
Elite Fan

It would've been better if he had just been written out. Nobody wanted to remember him because he sucked.
Old 09-09-2017, 07:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Seriously he didn't deserve to make it out of the final battle. Sorry, not sorry.
Old 09-10-2017, 02:37 AM
Elite Fan

I hate that he's even still in the comics. That I'm supposed to believe that they are actually really good friends with him and have kept in contact with him all these years through MOTW and apocalypses and life events.

If only Willow had been able to murder Andrew & Jonathon in s6. I mean, Andrew murdered Jonathon in s7 anyways.
Old 09-10-2017, 08:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

If she had maybe Anya would still be alive because maybe she wouldn't have died trying to protect his ass.
Old 09-10-2017, 11:18 AM
Elite Fan

Joss would never kill Andrew. He's one of his self inserts.

I should have given up on the comics in s8 when Andrew got to be a Watcher, leader of a squad of Slayers, shut down a Slayer for asking a valid question, played strip poker with a room full of probably teenaged Slayers (they were actually taking off their bras), etc.

Tbh, I thought Willow would've gotten together with Dawn before I could imagine Xander doing it. In Him, he looked away when he realized it was Dawn dancing while Willow kept staring and was all, "Right there with ya, buddy."
Old 09-10-2017, 04:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

I would probably be more okay with Dawn/Willow. Even though it'd still be weird.

Xander/Dawn gives me heebie jeevy vibes. Liiiike. He used to babysit you. She even called him old at one point. But I guess the age difference isn't anywhere near the gap of most of Buffy's boyfriends so I guess it's whatever
Old 09-10-2017, 04:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

I would probably be more okay with Dawn/Willow. Even though it'd still be weird.

Xander/Dawn gives me heebie jeevy vibes. Liiiike. He used to babysit you. She even called him old at one point. But I guess the age difference isn't anywhere near the gap of most of Buffy's boyfriends so I guess it's whatever
Old 09-12-2017, 02:07 PM
Absolute Fan

I always thought that it was a waste to kill Jonathan yet keep Andrew.

If any of the trio had to survive it should've been Jonathan. We'd been with his char since S2. I have a soft spot for him even tho Superstar was disgusting. His char could've been redeemed. He had the most conscious in S6.

Also:

The 90s were a different time. I love it

Icon: cangelgifs.tumblr.com
Old 09-12-2017, 02:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree! We had more history with Jonathan. Meh.

LOL "met him on line for what?"

I was just talking yesterday about how even though it's been 20 years since this show started it never seems that way to me until I'm rewatching and see a lap top from the earlier seasons. *shudders* or when they put angel's soul restoration spell on a floppy disk. All fossils now.
Old 09-12-2017, 02:45 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I was just talking yesterday about how even though it's been 20 years since this show started it never seems that way to me until I'm rewatching and see a lap top from the earlier seasons. *shudders* or when they put angel's soul restoration spell on a floppy disk. All fossils now.
LMAO YES.

The fact that she wanted to put the restoration spell for his soul in a safe place and saved it on a FLOPPY disc kills me when you imagine it in current times.

Also the casual use of the R word in the show, That would not get aired now.

Their fashion aged amazing for the most part. Especially since 90s fashion has made a comeback so its all trendy again

Old 09-12-2017, 03:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

I often wonder if the show was made now what kind of technology would they use? Technology is so crazy (and often times creepy) that they could track someone or find someone's location much easier now.

The only fashion that made me was Willow's but that was supposed to be questionable so yeah, still holds up
Old 09-12-2017, 04:00 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I often wonder if the show was made now what kind of technology would they use? Technology is so crazy (and often times creepy) that they could track someone or find someone's location much easier now.
I don't think the show would be as good if it was made today?? IDK I just find that social media, electronic gadgets, and the internet have become such mainstream culture that it would interfere with the believe-ability of the show too much.

Like you said, tracking someone would be too easy. Everyone films everything on their phone now there is no way monsters/vamps could stay a secret. Someone would've posted Buffy fighting a vamp in their gym on their insta

Plus Buffy's weapon of choice, a wooden stick, would seem crazy with how our weapons have advanced? It's a fantasy show I love how guns and such were never a big part of it.

Plus all the major plot points would've been spoiled online, so viewing it would be impacted...

We never would've got the line "If the apocalypse comes, beep me"

Old 09-12-2017, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh my god honestly! Buffy dusting a vamp would have gone viral on one social media platform or another

I'm glad the show was on before social media really took off. Everyone posting set spoilers and theorizing and stalking would have driven me crazy.

I was so jealous she had a beeper back then I never had one but now looking back I think "wtf was the point?!"
Old 09-12-2017, 04:22 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I'm glad the show was on before social media really took off. Everyone posting set spoilers and theorizing and stalking would have driven me crazy.
Yep. Plus the cast was able to maintain their privacy more.

Quote:
Oh my god honestly! Buffy dusting a vamp would have gone viral on one social media platform or another

The Master tweeting from his underground bubble in all caps SOON YOU WILL DIE SLAYER

Spike trying to friend "Buffy The Chosen One" on Facebook

Harmony being a vampire product sponsor on Instagram

Quote:
I was so jealous she had a beeper back then I never had one but now looking back I think "wtf was the point?!"
LMAO Right? At one point in time it was like everyone 'important' had one.

ETA:

LMAOO I just thought of the final fight scene with the Mayor in todays time.

When all the students rip their robes away to reveal weapons they'd rip them away to reveal iphones instead "Oooh my god a picture of this demon snake is gonna get so many likes!!1!" and then the Mayor just gets blinded by camera flashes.

Last edited by straws; 09-12-2017 at 04:30 PM