Old 04-17-2013, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

hope the title it ok
Old 04-17-2013, 12:15 PM
Absolute Fan

New interview with Emilie about Lacey - Interview: Emilie de Ravin talks Belle going dark on Once Upon A Time

I lost track of how many interviews she has lined up today. More than 10 for sure.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

thanks for the link Tara , great interview, so can't wait for this
Old 04-17-2013, 12:22 PM
Loyal Fan

tyftnt

And I don't think Emilie sees it the way some people do. I don't see Belle being Rumpel's crutch, I mean people who are in love always try and support and be there for each other, how is that a crutch? Of course her role is challenging, she gets to play so many different parts of belle, FTL, SB, bad ass Belle, then Lacey. I agree with Emilie when she says it's a challenge, and not always the same. Unfortunately there's not enough of her so most of the time it always comes back to Rumple but he is one of the main character's of the show. I just want to see her branch out with more friends, but they are going to be on new shows, and well, we'll see about the finale. Ahem.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT
Old 04-17-2013, 12:48 PM
Elite Fan

This is going to be my last say on this. I don't know where this conversation is coming from since we are discussing Lacey and her possible being able to interact with other characters besides Rumpel. There is only people discussing her having a life outside of Rumpel which I can only see that as being good for the character.

The constant need to start something about why some folks don't support Rumpel and Belle is unnecessary. There are going to be people with various of different opinions when it comes to Belle. The Rumbelle thread was created for folks who support them. This thread is to talk about Belle/Lacey whether good or bad.

I welcome all opinions. I mean, I was one of the few Charlie/Claire fans and people disliked them immensely. But I pretty much stuck through. People are going to like who they like and that's fine, I accept that without trying to change their opinions on it. Mouse and I disagreed with that but we are still great friends.

Thank you for starting the new thread. Fantastic work!

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 04-17-2013, 01:00 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz (View Post)
This is going to be my last say on this. I don't know where this conversation is coming from since we are discussing Lacey and her possible being able to interact with other characters besides Rumpel. There is only people discussing her having a life outside of Rumpel which I can only see that as being good for the character.

The constant need to start something about why some folks don't support Rumpel and Belle is unnecessary. There are going to be people with various of different opinions when it comes to Belle. The Rumbelle thread was created for folks who support them. This thread is to talk about Belle/Lacey whether good or bad.

I welcome all opinions. I mean, I was one of the few Charlie/Claire fans and people disliked them immensely. But I pretty much stuck through. People are going to like who they like and that's fine, I accept that without trying to change their opinions on it. Mouse and I disagreed with that but we are still great friends.

Thank you for starting the new thread. Fantastic work!
It was in the last thread...the discussion. And why are you making this out to be as if it's starting something? I'm having a mature conversation, discussion, since everyone is about opinions, mine means it's starting something? Obviously you don't welcome my opinion. What I was saying was based off of comments and opinions in the last thread, I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion, I respect their opinion, but I'm going to speak mine too.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:48 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for the new thread and interview link. Here's another one:
Hypable.com -- Spoilers, obviously

Spoiler:
Old 04-17-2013, 02:52 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for those spoilers, I'm actually looking forward to Lacey because she will be so opposite and I like that.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 04-17-2013, 02:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

What I meant by crutch is that the majority of Belle's scenes (not all, but a good portion) as of now have been driving home one main point: "How will I help Rumpel be a good boy today?" "How will I keep him on the righteous path?" I simply am not thrilled with that plot line. It doesn't interest me. Belle's friendship with Ruby barely got off the ground. We didn't get to find out a whole lot about her outside of Rumpel before her memories were taken away. I just wish the writers would give her something more than being there for Rumpel and being the one to remind him that he can be better.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
What I meant by crutch is that the majority of Belle's scenes (not all, but a good portion) as of now have been driving home one main point: "How will I help Rumpel be a good boy today?" "How will I keep him on the righteous path?" I simply am not thrilled with that plot line. It doesn't interest me. Belle's friendship with Ruby barely got off the ground. We didn't get to find out a whole lot about her outside of Rumpel before her memories were taken away. I just wish the writers would give her something more than being there for Rumpel and being the one to remind him that he can be better.
I agree! I could even LIKE the relationship if Belle was able to develop as herself outside of Rumple for a bit. Instead, she just seems to be coming across as a plot device for him, and frankly I don't care about him to see that. I actually said something about this in the Belle thread on the show's board, but it basically went ignored I was hoping Lacey would be a great chance to see Belle find HERSELF (and yea, Rumple could have helped her a little, I guess) so we could learn more about HER. But instead, he's holding her back, IMO.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:08 PM
Elite Fan

Giana and Mouse, you said it perfectly, I want to see Belle as a separate entity from just saying, "Oh I support you". There are more lines she could say or just show up whenever it's convenience that Rumpel needs that "backup".

Lacey will hopefully give her the change to find herself for her. Or at least for Emilie to play someone that she really never usually plays!

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 04-17-2013, 03:37 PM
Loyal Fan

You've actually offended me, Jazz and you ignored it. You know I was right about what I said, and you called out my opinion by saying I was starting something. All because I disagreed with some things? It's been 13 years coming, but I take my leave. Unless I'm posting rares or photos of any kind, I'm pretty much ignored.

It's a fact that you guys have become Regina apologists and Hook apologists, a reason why I have slowed my activity here. But it's been a wild ride. As a true Emilie fan, I'm glad she's happy. I wish you ALL the best of luck!