Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2022, 01:57 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I agreed in the sense she told him that he always said honesty and trust are the number one rule in their house, but then it's just for her. Sure, he's the adult and he doesn't HAVE to tell her everything, but seeing him so strict about trust and truth and then doing the opposite still doesn't seem good to me. Even if he may be justified because he's the adult and he was doing it to protect the family.

Lotts are a family of "principles", they always state clearly what's right and what's not, so you'd expect them to be more faithful to them, the adult in the family at least.

airali_glo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 12:38 PM
Graphics Team Manager

See I saw it as 99% of the time he has done this. However he has been put into a position where it simply wasn't possible to tell the truth & look after his family so looking after understandably came first.

Zoya has every reason to be upset, however it doesn't mean Nick is in the wrong or that Zoya is necessarily right. She is just in an emotional state.

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 02:40 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

It wasn't possible, but still he could have tried? At least a half-truth?

They're both wrong in different ways, I think.

Old 12-16-2022, 01:37 AM
Graphics Team Manager

What half truth could he have told?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 12-16-2022, 11:06 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

A half- lie, maybe that he had a friend who was helping him with paying the house and that it wasn't just because of his job

Old 12-16-2022, 01:17 PM
Graphics Team Manager

So for you your issue is the original lie & feel that he should've told the truth, or a closer truth from the start?

If you look at the original lie - there's no way he could've told either Zoya or Julien where the money came from. Neither would want to take money from Davis or know they've only got a roof over their head because of him. So obviously at this point Nick has to create a lie.

If he goes with your suggestion that leads to questions like 'what friend' which may mean he has to create a bigger lie to design this fictional person who is putting up the money. It may also result in Zoya (&/or Julien) digging deeper to try find this person, which may risk them uncovering the truth. Not something Nick wants to happen. Another alternative is that Zoya may worry that the money is only temporary or may run out which may cause her (& Julien) to worry about how secure their home is. This may distract them from their studies/school work too. None of which Nick would want. It is his job to provide for Zoya, & now Julien, & set them up for a good life. He needs to provide them security. It is his job to worry about how to do that, not theirs. So for me understandable he isn't going to risk that. Which leads to the lie he ultimately goes with - he got a promotion. Why would either girl question that?

Nick's issues become greater when Davis starts interfering. That is when he is pushed further to start telling more lies. It is here where some of his lies were unnecessary, however Nick probably didn't want to risk Zoya finding out the truth so felt that they were. But simple honesty from the start instead of saying he'd be in court all day, say he's going to a job interview for a position which may be even better than his current one. That is actually telling her the truth, she just doesn't know his current position since he'd lied about that. If she questioned things he could have gone into lying saying he isn't happy in his new role or no longer happy with the company he's at. Then Zoya may not have kept digging or scheming which would've been a good thing for Nick (although her interference actually worked out quite well for him in the end). But for me the only lie I take issue with is when he said he'd be in court all day. That lie was only to benefit the show to cause drama & also provide Nick with a new job. It may or may not have fit the character himself & his principles.

Another way to look at Nick's behaviour is to see it as this is what this world is doing to him. He has principles & a certain way he believes people should live which he wants to teach his daughter. That isn't how this world lives though. Then he is faced with not being able to provide for his daughter in this world. He needs to give her a home (& now a home for her sister) but this world is expensive. He was presented with a solution to his problem, one which I doubt he wanted to accept but had no choice for. This left him having to question if he follows his beliefs & principles, or if he has to go down a path he isn't comfortable with to protect Zoya & Julien. A path which brings him further away from who he was before moving to NY. A path he probably hates himself, without going into how this path is putting a wedge between him & his daughter. This wedge will probably hurt him far more than the lying to her did. He'll also have the guilt knowing it was his fault. He chose to take the money & to then lie about it. He chose to continue to lie about it. It made a mess of things - kinda proving his belief/principles that honesty is the best policy. This is all character exploration & building. Furthering storylines & creating drama. But can also still be believable for me about each character.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 12-16-2022, 02:18 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Davis was surely the reason why everything worsened.

I guess that no matter what, it would have always been bad since the truth truth wasn't an option. Anyway to me the lie about being in court is the minor one, after all! Of course it was done for the sake of drama.

Quote:
Another way to look at Nick's behaviour is to see it as this is what this world is doing to him. He has principles & a certain way he believes people should live which he wants to teach his daughter. That isn't how this world lives though.
That's why I often find them both too strict, even though Zoya is 15, so it's understandable.

Old 12-29-2022, 02:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Nick and Grayson

Old 12-29-2022, 03:56 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

Great picture.

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Cadenf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 01:45 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

He commented a GG post saying that the twincest is haunting nhis nightmares since the first time he read the script 9 months ago

Some bts pics

Old 01-11-2023, 01:59 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Johnathan was in an episode of the kids show Helpsters on Apple+

Old 01-21-2023, 10:50 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Such a shame Nick doesn't have a better storyline & had to work for evil people who couldn't just let people live their lives. He wasn't doing anything wrong

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 01-22-2023, 01:14 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

And to think that he was kinda happy to work for the De Haan. Plus I really don't get how they agreed to help Zoya, basically, with the whole video thing and then threw him under the bus that way?

He was finally ready to open his own firm - I guess with the money he had made working for the De Haan, and then!

Old 01-29-2023, 01:19 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Johnathan talking about "chisme" (gossip in spanish, I guess) for the I think is the Latin audience of HBO Max

Old 02-08-2023, 02:21 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Johnathan and Grace went to a pizza tour, last week

Reply   Post New Thread