Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2022, 05:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Max says smt like he can't be married and monogomos at 16. sounded familiar to one of Chuck's quote, or that quote that Jack (Chuck's uncle) said to him.. Oh yeah the same
Old 06-17-2022, 09:40 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

He make fun of Audrey for being monogamous at 16, he also straightshames her

airali_glo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 05:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

then well he'll be monogomous at 18
Old 06-20-2022, 10:32 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Of course I have my dream headcanon of him and Aki getting married at 30, but anyway I can totally see Max remaining single his whole life, having orgies and fun around

Old 07-05-2022, 04:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

that's also a possibility
Old 09-26-2022, 06:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

I was not into the OG ship version of these two, but I am definitely drawn to them in this version.

{taek su mi sun}
fall into your smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 02:08 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Personally I don't see the comparison between the ships I did ship who would be classed as the OG ship version & they're different to me. Maybe because of the trio? I don't know... But I also don't see Max & Audrey being all alike to the Chuck or Blair characters either. Some minor similarities but they are their own people which is good. So maybe that's why you're drawn to this? It is different? So far there isn't the toxic side of things either which is a bonus

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 07:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

The non toxicness is what draws me to them so far.

{taek su mi sun}
fall into your smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 10:18 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I think it's great that they made both characters differently, I kinda liked the OG ship, but I wouldn't call myself a Chair shipper, honestly, I cared only about Nate and Serena so at the end of the day I was kinda indifferent to CB. As I said many times I can't see all these similarities to CB

I'm not a fan of Maudrey at all, instead, but tastes are tastes

Old 09-28-2022, 01:45 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Makes sense that it not being toxic would be a draw card

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-28-2022, 01:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

True, but it epends on the person, I think. There are people who likes that kind of dynamic - and mind you that it doesn't mean they approve it in real life (I say it because I see a lot of this talking on social media about people assuming that if you like some ships, then you want to live the same thing in your life too, which isn't the case, of course. This is fiction and that's why people enjoy it.

For example I adored Monchevy in Versailles and they were kinda toxic if you think about it (the fictional version of them, of course, no idea about the real people in history).

When I ship something I look at what I see and if I like it on screen, then the ship sails I try not to judge and anyway it's always fiction, so it must be entertaining and interesting to watch, most of all.

Old 09-29-2022, 03:15 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah just because you enjoy watching something doesn't mean you want it in your life. I like watching a few crime shows, doesn't mean I want to be involved in crime in some way. Same goes for if I ship a toxic relationship. I ship Chair, but I also can see how toxic they were for each other. tbh I think they knew they were toxic for each other too, unfortunate thing is they also thought they were the only ones who'd accept them too. I think sometimes when you see something on TV it can also show you what not to do in your life. You also can be happy for a character to have what they feel is love & want to have that too, just minus the toxic part.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-29-2022, 12:53 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Yeah, you can know something is toxic and like it anyway (or not) I think CB know what they are, but since it's okay for them, I'm like it's their life and it can be fun to watch.

Audrey and Max have different characters and background, I know that most people ship them because they want CB again, but that's something that can't be repeated, imho. Even if they were toxic too, they would still be different.

Do you like something else about them, k-drama addict (sorry I don't know your name :blush) )?

Old 09-30-2022, 12:15 AM
Graphics Team Manager

That's a silly reason to ship a couple . Had that I think on the reboot of Charmed with people wanting a new Piper/Leo relationship. Just appreciate a new thing for what it is Then really here it was never going to be the new CB imo

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-30-2022, 12:41 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I can get it if you really liked a ship, but to me it's more interesting to find new dynamics. That doesn't cheapen the original ships, those are always there. I have too a type of relationships I prefer, but I don't ship something in advance because of that and unfortunately I remember people on social media already shipping Maudrey before the show premiered when they found out they were similar to CB as single character (which as I said many times, I don't agree to)

I'm not saying Shley is doing this, of course surely there are people who genuinely ship them when they saw them in the show for the first time, unfortunately on social media when you interact with fans, it's 99% Chair shippers looking for a 2.0 version of them.

Reply   Post New Thread