Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2022, 02:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Gossip Girl (The CW) #2 - You're nobody until you're talked about

Gossip Girl - The original

RULES

Kepp the talking about the show, the characters, the actors too if you like. You can talk about ships as well, but please be respectful. No bashing or ship wars are allowed here.

Have fun!

Previous threads

Last edited by airali_glo; 05-10-2023 at 03:38 PM
airali_glo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 02:12 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

From previous thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I mean obviously they weren't my ship, I'm sorry you guys don't have something to celebrate.

In my headcanon they're married and with children now, I don't care about what Safran says but still I'd like to have something to celebrate. It always made me mad that NS were the pre-pilot big relationship together with NB and they both ended up being nothing. It wasn't that difficult to give NS too something special to celebrate, we didn't need much, even just one thing. Something that made them being written less bad. I'll be forever bitter about the way they were treated, I'm sorry.

That's why I prefer books, as I said. At least there they're important, yes, even if they don't end up together.

Old 11-16-2022, 01:16 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I didn't like that Nate became basically nothing, or at least when it came to ships. I didn't really understand how the whole show/GG was a love story bringing SD together. I liked both SD & SN early on but the end just didn't sit right for me

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 01:25 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I just wish they were treated better, even if they weren't supposed to be endgame. They were one of the core relationships pre-pilot and at least they deserved better. They managed to remain friends at least and no one can ever take that away from them.

Old 11-24-2022, 01:15 AM
Graphics Team Manager

They just kinda fissile out & ignore it for the rest of the show don't they?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-24-2022, 04:17 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Do you mean their relationship pre-pilot? If so, yes. I mean they kept it as a background thing, but they focused on new aspects of their story. Maybe they didn't do that - or did less - with Nate and Blair because they were bigger.

In the books even if they end up with other people, still that's an important thing, but the books are heavily based on the NBS triangle anyway.

Old 11-25-2022, 01:41 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Have you rewatched one of the Thanksgiving episodes? websites still write articles about how iconic was Thanksgiving in GG

Old 11-25-2022, 09:35 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I thought they dated in S2 or 3? Then they just dropped the storyline & moved them on to other people

Only when I last rewatched the show completely a few years ago

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-26-2022, 01:32 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

They dated in S3, like in 3x13 they got officially together, we can say. They broke up in 3x22. They became friendly again in S4 at some point, then remained friends until the end. He even sacrified a scoop or something, for her, because GG had asked for it or something like that, I don't remember. I watched their scenes first every week, if they were on Youtube, then I watched the full episode.

I never rewatched the show

Old 11-26-2022, 10:23 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I feel like the first three seasons were Blair/Nate or Blair/Chuck vs Serena/Dan or Serena/Nate. But then it was dropped & while Serena/Dan became an option again Nate was just left to be nothing. Despite being part of the original love triangle or at least big love at the start Nate was left on the sidelines while the others had bigger stories. Then Serena/Nate just became nothing when it could've had so much more significance

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-27-2022, 12:49 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Yeah, at least they could balance better the whole thing, even with keeping the endgame the way they did. I admit though that I liked that Nate ended up alone, like he had always the one only good for being the partner of the new woman in the show, but in the end he had something different (his work).

Old 11-28-2022, 01:34 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I think the show just didn't treat his character well at all. It was as if without Blair & Serena they just didn't know what to do with him. Then I didn't think it was fair that the others got a happily ever after & his was what? Work? I guess for him it still was but still didn't feel it to me

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-28-2022, 05:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Serenate could have given more but they didn't do that
Old 11-28-2022, 02:25 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
Then I didn't think it was fair that the others got a happily ever after & his was what? Work? I guess for him it still was but still didn't feel it to me
For me it is, because I always felt that they were using him as a pretty item to put with the new female character and that was it, as if he was good only to do that, so for me seeing him alone was a level up.

Quote:
Serenate could have given more but they didn't do that
Yeah, even without being endgame, they could have gotten more.

Old 11-29-2022, 01:48 AM
Graphics Team Manager

That is true, at least they showed he was more than just the pretty face

Chelle » join GTmy art
Reply   Post New Thread