Y Lu's mamá también
|January 12th 2023|

Written by Joe Fazzio; Directed by Jennifer Lynch

episode stills

Last edited by airali_glo; 01-12-2023 at 03:02 PM
airali_glo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 03:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

I feel bad for Aki i wished Audrey and Max supported him more, i feel like Aki has been there for them now i think its there turn

of course in high school there will be drama

again Julien trying to help but audrey using it against her

oh no lunas mom , poor luna glad monets there for her, she was so excited for opportunity

they all wanting to find out who gg is but camille wants gg alive

do you think obies mom knows about it is that why they hurt him

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
fire for a heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 04:32 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Okay this was the worst episode of the season or maybe even of the whole show. Aki was treated in such a bad way I can't even. I CAN'T. He was excited to have both Audrey and Max at the tribeca with him, but no, Audrey decided that her ridiculous fight was more important than Aki's "little film thing". And Max was her lapdog all the time! She should have been called out, not helped! And them both showing at the end as if nothing happened, with that smile, fakingly telling that basically they could spend time with him now that the Audrey's more important stuff was over (and still they didn't care about him AGAIN a minute later). Them both being uncapable of showing up for something that was important for him, as if he meant nothing. I'M SO FURIOUS. Really, I can't find calm words to comment about this, I'm serious. I was fuming at watching it both as an Aki fan than as Akimax shipper. Max has to pine as hell to get him back when the throuple breaks up and Audrey can move to Europe for all I care, she has to be far and far away from Aki. She even wanted Aki to drop his Q&A to help her with her plan!! Like???

Aki feeling that none of them cared about what he likes and loves broke my heart. Evan played that last scene very well.

About the rest: felt bad for Julien, she was trying to help as usual but since Audrey can just think about herself and believe she's always right, everything was ruined. At least she got Obie, they were cute and i liked him buying another dress.

Quote:
do you think obies mom knows about it is that why they hurt him
I wonder if she has something to do with that, honestly like maybe she hired someone to beat the "person" trying to get her arrested, maybe she found out somehow, but she doesn't know it's Obie?

For Luna was a great episode, but honestly I'm not sure I got what was really between her and her mother. Was she an unwanted child? Or her mother was afraid her being trans could affect her career? Even though she was 9 when she was sent to live with her grandmother. Maybe it was just the simple fact that she had a daughter?

Liked the Eric cameo as himself

Also Monet helped Luna, but was it just because she was cancelled and had nothing better to do? Not sure.

Camille is a GG fan now, if she only knew she had her in front of her I didn't exactly wanted to see again the S1 other teachers...it was interesting to see how Kate is getting corrupted by the whole thing, always telling herself that she's doing to help the kids. It's the reason why I like to see this storyline.

Old 01-13-2023, 03:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yes poor Aki

could be i guess we will find out next episode, hope his sister didn't reveal anything

i ddin't catch it all as well, sometimes hard to hear and no captions, i think lunas mom ddin't want a child but thats all i got, mayeb she wanted career?

who is eric?

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
Old 01-13-2023, 01:47 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
could be i guess we will find out next episode, hope his sister didn't reveal anything
Some people says it was Roger's fault, but I still can see Helena behind it, of course not knowing that they were going to beat his son (I hope!). Or maybe it was just a random thing, but I doubt it.

Quote:
i ddin't catch it all as well, sometimes hard to hear and no captions, i think lunas mom ddin't want a child but thats all i got, mayeb she wanted career?
I got that maybe Luna wasn't planned, so when she was born her mother thought having a child could make her career more difficult, that's why she sent her away. She said something like I was afraid that living with me I would have become this (so how she's right now), I guess a terrible mother? Jealous of her daughter stealing her spotlight and ruining her career?

Eric Daman, the costumer of GG since the original. He played himself in the scene with Luna's mother, Luna and Monet.

Fun fact: apparently the first title of the episode was another one and this was posted two days ago and then got deleted because of the mistake. Then yesterday they posted the right one you see in the first post

Old 01-15-2023, 03:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

oh i get you eric, i dont know all the crew involved

yeah does make sense about lunas mom

not many eps left

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
Old 01-15-2023, 02:28 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

They surely took the chance since the storyline allowed it it was nice!

Old 01-17-2023, 04:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

that is cool when they become aprt of the show

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
Old 01-17-2023, 01:54 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Yes! Like in Smash when the show composers made a cameo as themselves

Old 01-18-2023, 02:54 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

The GG post about Luna's mother

Old 01-20-2023, 03:10 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Old 01-20-2023, 11:53 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Nice to actually explore Luna's character for a change. Something which I feel was lacking as there is clearly a story there

Aki deserved so much better in this episode . What did Audrey & Max need to stay next door for? Is seeing Julien humiliated really that much more important & better than supporting your boyfriend & his interest? Something he is highly passionate about & wanted to share with them. It doesn't matter what it is, or how insignificant you feel it is, you find a way to support your partner. You look at what is more important - getting revenge, or fueling & sharing a passion. If your answer is just watching the fallout of your revenge then your heart isn't in the right place. Then Max if you can't see that or find a way to support both your partners, Aki doesn't deserve you in that moment either

The throuple had potential, but once again they go along storylines which show it not working... illogical given the show seems to want to push it as the "it couple" of the show. This is one of their downfalls. Yes relationships can have trouble, but they aren't showing them working through those issues or actually having good moments. They keep having 'two' moments instead of 'three' & being wrapped up in other issues & insecurities with no closure or full support.

Quote:
For Luna was a great episode, but honestly I'm not sure I got what was really between her and her mother. Was she an unwanted child? Or her mother was afraid her being trans could affect her career? Even though she was 9 when she was sent to live with her grandmother. Maybe it was just the simple fact that she had a daughter?
Presumably Luna was abandoned at 9 because she was embracing her true self & her mother couldn't handle it. Luna would've known before then, but possibly still was figuring it out so 9 sounds like a reasonable age to me. She was a wanted child, but only as a son was what I understood.

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 02:17 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
Nice to actually explore Luna's character for a change. Something which I feel was lacking as there is clearly a story there
I wish they did it a bit also in the previous episodes and S1 too, like we just knew she was living alone in NY as her parents were around the world (her dad is a director). Ziòn was very good, by the way.

Quote:
What did Audrey & Max need to stay next door for? Is seeing Julien humiliated really that much more important & better than supporting your boyfriend & his interest? Something he is highly passionate about & wanted to share with them. It doesn't matter what it is, or how insignificant you feel it is, you find a way to support your partner. You look at what is more important - getting revenge, or fueling & sharing a passion. If your answer is just watching the fallout of your revenge then your heart isn't in the right place. Then Max if you can't see that or find a way to support both your partners, Aki doesn't deserve you in that moment either
Exactly. Audrey didn't need help, she needed to be left alone in that plan - by the way she wasn't new to Aki's Tribeca passion, how could her and max forget it didn't last a whole week?? A Twitter mutual told me that she (my mutual I mean) believed Audrey's mother situation had to come first. Honestly I doubt she really did it for her mother, at the end of the day. She just wanted revenge on Julien using her mother situation. And see? this time Julien went to her first, but it didn't end up well anyway

Quote:
They keep having 'two' moments instead of 'three' & being wrapped up in other issues & insecurities with no closure or full support.
And only certain "two" moments too
Also their problems always end up to the same thing, not communicating and one of them feeling/being excluded, at turn.

Quote:
Presumably Luna was abandoned at 9 because she was embracing her true self & her mother couldn't handle it. Luna would've known before then, but possibly still was figuring it out so 9 sounds like a reasonable age to me. She was a wanted child, but only as a son was what I understood
Ohhh it makes sense this way. I often miss things when reading subtitles in english. Maybe it's also more complicated because we know Luna is trans only because the showrunner said so in S1, but no one ever addressed it - except for when in 2x01 Luna talked to Max about be out and "people like us" and so on. Sure, it's not like they had to say it - the show is "didactic" enough already - but still.

Last edited by airali_glo; 01-22-2023 at 01:28 PM
Old 01-21-2023, 06:21 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I think they did have to say it personally. Yes it isn't relevant necessary to who she is & she wouldn't necessarily bring it up in conversation randomly, however it is important to tell trans stories. Especially when so many don't understand & have such fear & hate towards trans people.

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 01:40 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I agree. I remember Safran I think in early S1 saying that yes, Luna is trans, but that's not her main feature, like her being trans isn't all that she is (= we're not addressing that). Ziòn said that in S2 Luna was going to date men that didn't give a damn about her being trans.
And also a mutual of mine once told me that it's something that her friends already know, so there's no need to say it to the audience still.

But this way even the moment with her mother is like cheapened? Lessened? It's just a sentence, a line that people can miss. It chepens also Luna transition journey, I think? In Rise there was a trans character named Michael and even if his friends knew, still we could see what it meant for him. We see the professor asking another character if Michael was okay with this character telling him his old name was Margaret and also when he joined the theatre group the professor asked him how they should have called him. We saw him asking to change in the boys dressing room and the professor telling him to talk to him if there were any problems. Tiny things that didn't make him being trans the only aspect of him, but it was still important.

Reply   Post New Thread