Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2017, 05:41 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
i don't expect things to be all roses, but she also regressed loga to fut an ending that didnt fit him past seaskn 5. she is not someone i trust to tell a satisfactory journey fir them. i def think logan would make a great father but ifs clear to me that she doesnt respect the charscter.
Honestly, in my opinion ASP might separate Logan and Rory in the end. But she will IMO make Logan a good father, because she can not just repeat Lorelai story. She will have to add something new to make it interesting.
But what do I know? It might also be totally different. Logan might become new Mitchum, Rory new Shira.

Last edited by tanaja; 03-18-2017 at 02:08 AM
Old 03-17-2017, 08:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Old 03-18-2017, 04:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanaja (View Post)
Honestly, in my opinion ASP might separate Logan and Rory in the end. But she will IMO make Logan a good father, because she can not just repeat Lorelai story. She will have to add something new to make it interesting.
But what do I know? It might also be totally different. Logan might become new Mitchum, Rory new Shira.
i hope neither happens but she blew any faith i had jn her with thaf revival.
Old 03-18-2017, 06:04 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
i hope neither happens but she blew any faith i had jn her with thaf revival.
Yes, there are better options too.
But ASP might surprise us again.

Last edited by tanaja; 03-18-2017 at 06:17 AM
Old 03-18-2017, 06:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I also don't trust Asp. I think she has trouble writing males
Old 03-18-2017, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
I also don't trust Asp. I think she has trouble writing males
and i think she loves angst way too much. She is kind of stuck in a white feminism bubble. I did not appreciate her attitude about millenials although I'm not one myself and skew older than them. I do think the story is fixable, I just think she has always been more invested in Lorelai and Emily's stories.
Old 03-18-2017, 09:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

^I'd agree with that assessment. She does have difficulty writing males.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Or maybe millenial males. She did write Luke, Richard and max pretty well. Howrever with Rory men she kind of seems to write them to fit her purpose
Old 03-19-2017, 07:27 AM
Addicted Fan

In revival ASP couldn't have given both Lorelai and Rory "happy endings" or "definitive endings". It would be too corny.

So one of them (Rory) had to have an open ending. That's why Paul and Logan (and Jess) were not supposed to be right for Rory at the time.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
In revival ASP couldn't have given both Lorelai and Rory "happy endings" or "definitive endings". It would be too corny.

So one of them (Rory) had to have an open ending. That's why Paul and Logan (and Jess) were not supposed to be right for Rory at the time.
i am sorry but that is bs. The most satisfying shows give a good ending to ALL of the leads not just one.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:29 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
i am sorry but that is bs. The most satisfying shows give a good ending to ALL of the leads not just one.
It was just a revival, not a show. It didn't last 6 years, just a few days of watching. Besides GG was always a show about "single mother Lorelai"- so having them both married with kids so quickly would be - well, corny and strange IMO.

And if you ignore all ASP interviews (Logan is Christopher etc.), it actually was an open ending. Rory might choose to be single mother like Lorelai (and might eventually meet someone nice - "her Luke") or she could be like Emily and marry someone, who is engaged with someone else and whose mother despises her (if they both choose to do it).

Probably next installment would focus more on Rory and would resolve her dilemma.

Last edited by tanaja; 03-19-2017 at 02:37 PM
Old 03-19-2017, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well wait and see
Old 03-19-2017, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
It was just a revival, not a show. It didn't last 6 years, just a few days of watching. Besides GG was always a show about "single mother Lorelai"- so having them both married with kids so quickly would be - well, corny and strange IMO.

And if you ignore all ASP interviews (Logan is Christopher etc.), it actually was an open ending. Rory might choose to be single mother like Lorelai (and might eventually meet someone nice - "her Luke") or she could be like Emily and marry someone, who is engaged with someone else and whose mother despises her (if they both choose to do it).

Probably next installment would focus more on Rory and would resolve her dilemma.
Then the show should have Ben called the Gilmore girl not Gilmore girls. This was supposed to be a wrap up not another excuse for her to have another show. She deliberately messed Rory up so she could have more episodes.
Old 03-19-2017, 03:28 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Then the show should have Ben called the Gilmore girl not Gilmore girls. This was supposed to be a wrap up not another excuse for her to have another show. She deliberately messed Rory up so she could have more episodes.
That's true too. It is a hit show, ASP might never again have as successful show as GG. It's in her interest to extend it's duration. And probably it's in interest of Netflix too.

Yes, of course. Rory and Emily are Gilmore girls too. And it's a story about different generations of women. But Lauren Graham had the leading role (in original series).
Old 03-20-2017, 04:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Not sure if LG had the leading role
Always felt to me that it was Lauren and Alexis' show

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread