Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2004, 12:00 PM
Extreme Fan

Yes, today is episode day for me!

The more I hear about this ep, the more I think I'll enjoy it, which makes me extremely happy. What with this week's and last week's episode dare I say that Gilmore girls may be getting back on track?

Anywho, the ratings are in. Gilmore girls scored a 3.3/5, which is a bit better than last week's 3.1/5, but the week before I believe the show scored a 3.5/5. Hmmm...It'll be interesting to see a ratings breakdown into the different demographics, but I haven't found it, yet.

Sparkle ;-)
*~*Sparkle*~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 01:23 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Sparkle! That's great that it did better than last week [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

ETA: I like your avatar

[ 02-04-2004: Message edited Kelly_mvpics ]
Old 02-04-2004, 02:17 PM
Master Fan

Overall a good episode last night. Made all that much better with Jess back in SH. We were used to this before and maybe got to take it for granted but it really hit me last night that Milo is a wonderful actor and the way he delivers his lines is quite exceptional. All of his gestures, mannerisms, the 'subtlety' in his acting just enhance his whole performance. Just the way he delivered "...people were actually ducking when I drove by..." with the hand gesture, was just sooo good, he had the right inflection too. All of it actually, he really 'nailed' it. I miss his acting. I miss him. Doesn't seem fair that after next week we won't see him again... Please, someone, anyone, at the WB, FOX, another network, please give this guy is own show... PLEASE!!!!

Contrary to what many Jess-haters and bashers have said, Milo did bring a lot of depth to the show, his portrayal of Jess brought the show to a whole other level. He was an integral part of both Luke's and Rory's growth and unfortunately with Jess no longer there, I feel both have "suffered" somewhat storyline wise, especially Luke. Scott's not had much to work with so far this season and his character has staled a bit but it was nice to see Luke get a little more life with Jess back. It was real nice to see that the chemistry between Scott & Milo was still present. I always loved those uncle/nephew 'exchanges'. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Speaking of chemistry, very much looking forward to Milo and Alexis together on-screen again...

Anyway, that's my $0.02. As you were.

ETA : As for the ratings question, this was posted at the News thread by Raja, but I'll do my good deed for the day...
Media Week

but more specifically...

Quote:
Fourth, overall, in the 8 p.m. hour were repeats of ABC sitcoms According To Jim (5.2/ 7) and I'm With Her (4.1/ 6) followed by the WB's Gilmore Girls (4.9/ 7) and repeats of UPN's One On One (2.1/ 3) and All Of Us (2.3/ 3). On a Gilmore Girls note, isn't the return of Milo Ventimiglia as the brooding Jess incredibly grating? And shouldn't goody two shoes Rory (Alexis Bledel) be spending more time in college? To shake things up next season, maybe Rory should drop out, get a tattoo and tell her mother to untie the feel-good apron strings.
Was the Jess comment really necessary ? [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Letting. it. go.

Apparently GG's ratings were a bit better from the last two weeks which were 4.1 and 4.4... make of that what you will...

[ 02-04-2004: Message edited darcybennett ]
darcybennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 02:46 PM
Elite Fan

Well put Darcy! I loved the 'ducking as I drove by' line too.

[img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img] A ratings jump from 4.4 to a 4.9 because of Milo- nice! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
I hope next weeks is even higher.

And those comments [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Her saying Rory should cut Lorelai's apron strings alone says she doesn't get the show.

Besides, the ratings speak volumes, don't they [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-04-2004, 02:55 PM
Total Fan

Hey! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

OMG I missed him even MORE that I thought!!
Luke&Jess have such a great chemistry, I love them together...well as a uncle/nephew relationship of course. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
I mean, I'm a Rory&Jess lover...but if I could choose between Rory and Dean together and Jess staying OR Jess leaving....there will be NO DOUBT in my mind. I didn't really had interested in the show when he left...he brings so much to the show.

I guess, all I can say is that, I'll take what they give us. Da*n WB. [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img]

BYE
LOVE [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

[ 02-04-2004: Message edited LOVE everybody ]
LOVE everybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 03:19 PM
Elite Fan

LOVE everybody- I love your avatar!! Thanks for promoting Milo in it [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-04-2004, 03:42 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Kelly_mvpics:
<STRONG>LOVE everybody- I love your avatar!! Thanks for promoting Milo in it [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Hey there! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
Are you KIDDING??I was waiting for this moment since SO long!!I HAD to put Milo in my avi! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Thanks by the way. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

BYE
LOVE [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]
LOVE everybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 04:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

I am SO excited about Jess being back. When I first heard he was leaving I signed petitions and wrote letters to the WB and all that crap...and now, he's back. It's BEAUTIFUL. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] There's not a doubt in my mind that ratings will continue to go up. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

"Nice spin. You should work for Bush." &lt;--No offense to anyone who likes Bush, I just found that line pretty amusing [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Wife #1/2

"I'll always feel something for him..."
Trust Fund Babies

avie by denrito
iluvjesslotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 05:28 PM
Extreme Fan

Darcybennett(excellent name [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]), thanks for the ratings info and thanks Kelly for complimenting my avatar, I thought it was time for a little more Milo in my life. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Is anyone else annoyed that so many critics continue to pan Jess? A lot of the time it just seems uncalled for. I mean if we're going to start hating characters b/c they can be rude or immature sometimes then are there any characters on Gilmore Girls safe from criticism? I think illustrating characters in both positive and negative lights makes them well rounded, not boring. At least we can be thankful for Terry Morrow, that was a great article. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

Sparkle ;-)

[ 02-04-2004: Message edited *_Sparkle_* ]
Old 02-04-2004, 05:33 PM
Absolute Fan

i loved last night's episode. the only problem was: not enough jess! im a little iffy with liz. i dont know if its just the casting, but thats not exactly how i pictured jess' mom. but wow, milo showed off his great acting last night. i cant wait for next week! i honestly found GG to be very boring and pointless this season. but now that jess is back, theres excitement. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Raye Of Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 06:37 PM
New Fan

I loved last nights episode also like basically everyone else on this thread did. I do think there wasn't enough Jess though. I can't wait until next week. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-04-2004, 06:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hey guys, I need help! For some reason I can't seem to keep away from the Jess Unappreciation Thread. I'm always interested in why some viewers do not like him and I go there to not necessarily try to change anyone's mind or even to defend Jess as a character, but just because I am interested in Jess. I do post when I think that some information I have might add to the discourse.
Of course the dialogue there is beyond simple ranting; there are some posters who are so full of Jess hatred that it scares me.
Anyway, how do you keep away? Are you just stronger than I am? Do you avoid it altogether, do you lurk and get mad or just stay on Jess friendly threads?
LynnieV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 07:17 PM
Elite Fan

This has been a long time coming, but I'm saying it- and then moving on...

LynnieV- Despite the fact that the people that post in it do not like Jess, that thread was really started in retaliation to the Lorelai unappreciation thread. It was started for all kinds of angry, immature reasons. Just my opinion [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Personally, I no longer enjoy this board because of 'all' the character unappreciation threads- whether it's a Jess or a Lorelai. I see no point in going into a thread where it's only purpose is to bash a specific character. I do lurk in it- only to make sure that no one is saying anything derogative about Milo himself- as long as that doesn't happen, I couldn't care less what anyone has to say in it. Every post I've read are usually filled with hatred and without any real intelligent reasons. But heh, that's their choice to act like that. I actually find it funny... and sad for them. If they wish to waste their time being angry and filled with all that negative energy- that's their choice. Whatever. It'll just get them no where doing it. So, if you choose to read anything in there, just read it, let them drown in their sorrow, and smile back at them. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Their comments say a lot about them as people- especially on a public board- be the bigger person and just walk away from it. Their views aren't worth reducing yourself to being angry with them.

JMHO [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-04-2004, 07:33 PM
Master Fan

Aww LynnieV!! Are they ganging up again ? They're entitled to their opinion but their hatred of a tv character seems to be such a waste of energy, don't they have better things to do ? Well, obviously not...

I avoid the threads I know they usually reside in... I used to lurk in those places and get real mad... some are worse than others but there are some that really scare me... it's one thing to dislike a fictional character but when it starts bordering on fanaticism... that's terrifying. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] They should take a look at Milo's recent random rant and really listen, hopefully they'd learn something... but that's doubtful...

*hands you some 'strength' pills* [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
darcybennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 07:44 PM
Extreme Fan

Well, put guys.

Lynnie, I've lurked there too as I'm always interested to see another point of view, but I no longer feel that I should be bothered by the negative thoughts purpertrated against the Character of Jess. I've learned that all characters have their places in a show, and while I may not like their actions it's best to look at what they bring to the big picture. Though sometimes it is extremely tempting to just throw a thought into the conversation. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I don't know how to convince you to stay away from that thread, I don't even know if you should, but perhaps, in light of recent events, we could all contribute some of our favourite Jess moments to this thread? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Alrighty, I feel a little inspiration for a fanart. I'll be back soon...

Sparkle ;-)

[ 02-04-2004: Message edited *_Sparkle_* ]
Reply   Post New Thread