Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2004, 03:52 AM
Master Fan

Amy made Lindsey very sympathetic and Rory and Dean very unlikeable in the premiere.

I can't wait until the showdown on the street with Lindsey's mom.
Old 09-28-2004, 04:35 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by xxlisaxx
I always knew Dean was, but cheating is wrong and Rory, well she became a bit of a skank - a home wrecker.
Rory is a moron, an idiot, a deluded girl. But it's hard for me to actually label her a skank. A home-wrecker yes, but Dean is just as responsible, if not more, since he's the one with the actual vows to uphold, not Rory. Not saying Rory is blameless, not at all, but she's so psychotic right now, I wonder if she can plead "temporary insanity" instead of "guilty."
Old 09-28-2004, 05:56 AM
Elite Fan

im just beyond against this coupling or disaster. i think it has gone completely out of hand. i think it was a horrible idea in the first place. and its just wrong.

please, add me to the list.

kenny | credit
Old 09-28-2004, 02:06 PM
Extreme Fan

Any thoughts from all of you about what happens after the Confrontaiton?

If Dean is separated from Lindsay - Is Rory going to move in regardless of the apparent remorse or despondency she feels.

Is she going to contribute to the break-up and then go back in an reap the spoils?

Do you think Lorelai will accept that behavior from Rory?
Old 09-28-2004, 03:37 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ilovetheshins
Rory is a moron, an idiot, a deluded girl. But it's hard for me to actually label her a skank. A home-wrecker yes, but Dean is just as responsible, if not more, since he's the one with the actual vows to uphold, not Rory. Not saying Rory is blameless, not at all, but she's so psychotic right now, I wonder if she can plead "temporary insanity" instead of "guilty."
I wouldn't really label her a skank either. I was on a rant and it came out. You can't really call her a skank or any of the other not so nice words along those lines, because she's not. She is a home-wrecker. And Dean, well he's a huge part of this. From what I've seen of Lindsey it doesn't seem like she thought the marriage was over, which is what Dean told Rory.

Lisa
Old 09-28-2004, 05:36 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Airie75
Now, I'm totally in agreement with most of the angry anti-Rory stuff of late, but I didn't really see a sign of her pursuing Jess while he was with Shane.
Was just being a little tongue in cheak and having some fun. Though who knows if Rory would've complained if Jess hadnt ditched Shane. Last episode was for trashing Dean who was the bigger scoundrel. This week on the other hand if I'm to believe the previews Rory is going to be the one getting under my skin.

Quote:
Originally posted by Airie75
But, for the hell of it, let's say Kirk. I'd really love to see a Rory/Lulu face-off.
I'm all for it!

But seriously. If Rory is going to avoid payback from Lindsay because Mommy is protecting her I'll be seriously disappointed. I'm cynically expecting except for a few minor citizens portrayed as "closed minded" our little princess is going to walk on water as usual.

Which means Rory still remains Little Miss Perfect. Since it was not about her being perfect, it was about how others around her treated her.

Quote:
Originally posted by xxlisaxx
I wouldn't really label her a skank either. I was on a rant and it came out. You can't really call her a skank or any of the other not so nice words along those lines, because she's not. She is a home-wrecker.
Let's see if she is technically a skank.

If we go by dictionary.com the third definition is all that really applies to the situation.

One who is digustingly foul or filthy and often considered sexually promiscuous. Used especially of a woman or girl.

Rory still looks cute and wholesome and seems well groomed... even if her behavior is naughty. So no on part 1, on being promiscuous it depends on how you define it. If we go again to dictionary.com there are two definitions that apply.

1.Having casual sexual relations frequently with different partners; indiscriminate in the choice of sexual partners.
2.Lacking standards of selection; indiscriminate.

No to #1. She is quite monogamous only doing one married guy a time. To #2 sleeping with Dean does certainly show she has a lack of standards. But it wasn't indiscriminate either.

Thus our Rory is not a skank but a mere homewrecker. Way to go Rory!
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 09-28-2004, 06:20 PM
Total Fan

We're all so proud. Another test passed with flying colors!!
Old 09-28-2004, 06:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

So, its wrong. But...Dean and Lindsey are still young, there's no kids...now is the time for Dean to find out he's not happy. Well, ok, before the wedding was the time, but better now than in 5 years, eh?

I also think Lindsey should be mad only at Dean, but, hey...

The main reason I don't like it is because...its kinda boring to me. Rory isn't believable in her scenes. (Erm, not bashing the actress Alexis, but I'm just not buying it).

******* spoiler ******

Word on the street is ASP has said there's an actor that will be Rory's love interest. So, looks like the little home-wrecker isn't going to stick with it.

Old 09-28-2004, 11:49 PM
Extreme Fan

And Little Miss Perfect has returned.

So all is forgiven in Gilmore land. Of course.

I'm still not so sure if Rory is remorseful enough for my liking. And I didn't like Dean's attitude either. Actually, I didn't like both of their attitudes toward each other, I can't quite place what it is, but I didn't like it.

The promo for Luke and Lorelai for next week looks more than a little amusing though.
Old 09-29-2004, 12:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

So, now we're supposed to feel bad for Rory? Yeah, Lindsay's mom was a little harsh, but personally, I think Rory deserved everything she got.

At least Dean is feeling bad about what they did. But that barely makes me feel better because he's being a jerk about it. And Rory's all...wounded deer by the side of the road. Does that even make sense? Idk. I'm just not liking that all of a sudden she's the town hero again.

And Lindsay. Poor Lindsay. When she was screaming at Dean, I just felt so bad for her. If that ever happened to me, and I was trying as hard as she was to make the marriage work, I would be completely devastated, too. And then she just STOOD there as her mom yelled at Rory...Which either embarrassed her, caused her more pain, or she wanted to do HERSELF...It was awful.

Wife #1/2

"I'll always feel something for him..."
Trust Fund Babies

avie by denrito
Old 09-29-2004, 12:53 AM
Passionate Fan

Re: And Little Miss Perfect has returned.

Quote:
Originally posted by musicalredhead
I'm still not so sure if Rory is remorseful enough for my liking. And I didn't like Dean's attitude either. Actually, I didn't like both of their attitudes toward each other, I can't quite place what it is, but I didn't like it.
How is Rory remorseful in the LEAST? Embarassed but I never saw any remorse. She stated VERY explicitly that she is not sorry in the least for sleeping with him in her letter. She goes on to say she's "removing herself from the equation" UNTIL he sorts out his marriage. (Translation: Leave Lindsay)

When Dean expresses regret for having the affair she disagrees asking "Why?" Dean asks what is wrong with him for throwing away his marriage Rory responds "Nothing."

And why should she be? The one voice in the town who questions her at all was Lindsay's mother. And she gets to happily be with "her Dean" next episode. A little embarssment but not very much because "everyone" loves Rory. And she can happily go on dates with Dean and visit his family.

That's not to say Dean wasnt trying to shift the blame a bit on her. But to be fair the slimebag is suffering consequences for what happened. Rory just gets to mope around a bit feeling self-pity because Lindsay's Mom was mean to her. That said Dean deserves all the consequences coming his way.

On a happier non-sequitor George Lopez seems better this year. Loved seeing Carrot Top guest star. Should really give my Wife and Kids another stab.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself

Last edited by Raja; 09-29-2004 at 03:30 AM
Old 09-29-2004, 02:14 AM
Extreme Fan

You're right Raja, Rory wasn't at all sorry for her actions; she still thought it was perfect and very special.

I figured out what I didn't like about their conversation: Dean was blaming Rory too much, and she was acting sympathetic about his woes. I don't like that his behavior (and Lindsay's mom's) was trying to make us feel sorry for Rory. It's like he was saying it was all her fault for 'forgetting' that he was (is) married. Ok, I've got it: she needs to be reprimanded, but not by HIM of all people.

I don't know how long a person has to feel guilty before they can be forgiven, but this isn't long enough (plus, she's not sorry). I'm not sure what the going rate is for adultry since it isn't punished by law. I really can't just forget about what she did, and I don't like how she's getting away with it like nothing happened.

Are we seriously going to have to watch Rory and Dean play boyfriend and girlfriend for round three? Enough is enough. They both need to get a clue. This has never and will never work out between them.
Old 09-29-2004, 03:23 AM
Master Fan

A short embarrassment and then off to smiling, she was.

I was yelling things at the TV all freaking episode. My favorite of my own comments was when Emily said "I am back from Europe with a charming, cultured, well-mannered lady," to which I responded "Charming, cultured, well-mannered lady OF THE EVENING, say it fully through!"

Aaaaaand I'm done with this show. What a farking relief.
Old 09-29-2004, 03:30 AM
Dedicated Fan

I didn't feel sorry for Rory at all. In fact I was hoping that more of the townspeople would see her getting yelled at an stare and make her feel shi**y.
Old 09-29-2004, 03:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by LynnieV
I didn't feel sorry for Rory at all. In fact I was hoping that more of the townspeople would see her getting yelled at an stare and make her feel shi**y.
I KNOW! I was like "How is no one stopping to stare at the confrontation? What the hell happened to this town all of a sudden?"

But I must say I ALMOST (read: almost) started to feel sorry for Rory when Dean pulled the "You dumped me" card. That son of a bitch, always trying to make a damn martyr of himself.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread