Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2004, 05:44 AM
Ultimate Fan

I thought it was funny how Luke said Lorelai never had to tip him because he's the owner of the diner.. yet in season 1, Luke complained that she didn't tip him..

Luke: What? No tip?
Lorelai: Here's a tip.. serve your customers!
Luke: Here's another.. Don't sit on any cold benches!

junkie | LG fanlisting | My babies | Life's a Bitch

The Seeress of the High Desert
~Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 10:21 AM
Master Fan

Hey everyone!

I have a question: I downloaded the ep off the internet, but the moment where Zach goes to talk to Lane somehow isn't working! Could someone tell me what he said to her? Pretty please?
*Nora* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 10:30 AM
Master Fan

Which scene?

If its the one in the diner near the end - they're basically talking about their relationship in terms of a guitar and chord changes. That it's something that will take time, etc.

My thoughts of the episode:

Also I have this sneaking suspicion that Lorelai's "I just need this to work" had such double meaning to it - referring partially to R&D and but almost definitely to her relationship with Luke.

*aww* Loved Luke and that scene at the end especially when he said:

"Look at me, not stopping till he's upset every person that means anything in the world to him in one night."

Did you like after the hug when he asked Lorelai if she wanted a beer, he did the tug/grab at her waist/butt?

And the in-synch sitting down and the twister comment *lol*

I loved the girls reaction to Pippy being their movie for the evening and singing the song lol!. I grew up with that movie

Emily and the Panic Room - Daniel's one-liners were rolling in tonight and Lauren and Kelly would have had to be the best in the ep.

I adored the Panic Room - the looks Lauren was giving in that scene was priceless and Sookie and the forged signature, lol!

ETA: Also loved Sookie's line "Ho, the Dragonfly!"

Twitter: nlm78

Last edited by Nadine; 10-20-2004 at 10:35 AM
Nadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 10:38 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Nora*
Hey everyone!

I have a question: I downloaded the ep off the internet, but the moment where Zach goes to talk to Lane somehow isn't working! Could someone tell me what he said to her? Pretty please?
I too was going to ask this because I had flipped channels and flipped back right when Lane smiled smugly and asked him if he wanted anything to eat. I thought maybe he had said he liked her too, but that doesn't seem in character.

My first thought when Luke was on his tangent about how only a prince is good enough for Rory is how sweet it was. I didn't think about the parallels as much. I was just thinking that if some guy said those wonderfully sweet and caring things about my daughter that I would reach over and kiss him (or marry him)! But, no. Lorelei gets all defensive at first. I was confused. Those things were so sweet and wonderful- showing how much Luke really thinks of Rory as practically his own daughter. We've seen this before, but not while Luke and Lorelei were in a relationship.

I also loved, loved, loved the Pipi scenes and the panic room scenes. I also wish that Richard & Emily would just get back together because they are perfect for each other.

I think that they are trying to show with Rory and Dean that you can never go back. They have grown up and their lives have changed, but they are both trying to hold on to their youth and those experiences. It's over, move on.

I will not panic about Promo Guy at the moment. He is usually wrong, creating drama where there is none. Lorelei will run to Christopher to help him with whatever (well, I accidentally know what, but I won't say) but I don't think he is going to break up Luke & Lorelei. He may try, but I don't think he'll succeed. This is my hopeful and optimistic outlook at the moment.
GenL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 11:09 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by GenL
My first thought when Luke was on his tangent about how only a prince is good enough for Rory is how sweet it was. I didn't think about the parallels as much. I was just thinking that if some guy said those wonderfully sweet and caring things about my daughter that I would reach over and kiss him (or marry him)! But, no. Lorelei gets all defensive at first. I was confused. Those things were so sweet and wonderful- showing how much Luke really thinks of Rory as practically his own daughter. We've seen this before, but not while Luke and Lorelei were in a relationship.

I think that they are trying to show with Rory and Dean that you can never go back. They have grown up and their lives have changed, but they are both trying to hold on to their youth and those experiences. It's over, move on.
You got to remember Lorelai is dealing with a lot of stuff. She has just realized herself that her daughter isn't perfect and here she is trying to regain some semblance of their relationship. Now she has Luke who doesn't know the whole story talking about Rory in such idealized ways, and she is probably thinking the whole time that if he only knew the truth he wouldn't think of Rory this way.

The whole time Rory and Dean were talking about old times I kept on thinking that you are grasping onto something that is no longer there. Being adults hasn't been easy for either of them, but they are kidding themselves, that with everything that has happened, that they can just turn the clocks back and be kids again.

Pam
haddyboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 11:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

Something I remembered on the rewatching it. I loved that Lorelai went to visit Richard. Although her comments to Rory were saying I wish they'd just divorce, she still wants her parents together deep down inside. Whether that is for her own sanity or for her hapiness it remains to be seen!

I still wish Lorelai would have told Luke the real story behind the Dean/Rory hook up. I know he's not her father, but he was playing the Dad role so well last night that I just really wanted Lorelai to share that with him.

---
My dear little librarian, pile up enough tomorrows and you'll find you've collected nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays. I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering.
daydreamer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 11:54 AM
Elite Fan

I really liked this episode. I thought it was very funny. My favorite scenes were when they were at the movies and when they were playing bop-it. i thought that was so funny when she said that about bop-it being the last resort. lol. next weeks looks great, but why does chris have to come back. and the panic room jokes were great.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 11:54 AM
Total Fan

I think Lorelai just needs to really talk to Luke....she isn't ready to give completely to this relationship yet. We protect our children, yes, even from their fathers sometimes. But Lorelai says she wants a partner and she just isn't ready to let Luke be that person yet. That's okay. It's still early in the relationship and Luke isn't Rory's natural father. She needs something/someone major to come along and enforce what her heart is saying. I think her brain is saying one thing right now but her heart is heading in a whole other direction.

It's going to be hard to watch but I think in the long run, it's going to be wonderful. And both Luke and Lorelai are going to end up with no holds barred and that is what a real relationship is.

So hang on for the bumpy ride but remember the safe end is in sight.
~~ CherylS ~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 12:15 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by daydreamer4
I still wish Lorelai would have told Luke the real story behind the Dean/Rory hook up. I know he's not her father, but he was playing the Dad role so well last night that I just really wanted Lorelai to share that with him.
I am wondering if there is a reason why she isn't telling him. I am thinking that maybe ASP is going to use that as something that will come between Luke and Lorelai. Maybe she will tell Chris and Luke will be mad because she never felt she could tell him.

There was a great deal of Season 1 and 2 references in this episode

Constant mentioning of past movie nights (Kiss and Tell ). Willy Wonka and Pippi are similar movies.

The grapefruit (Richard in Stars Hollow) . It is rather interesting that Luke is using Richard Gilmore's parenting methods.

The comment about Lorelai once trying to read Proust (Paris is Burning), you could tell that she was thinking of Max when she was talking to Richard.

The having a double date(Double Date), I guess no one remembers that the concept didn't work well the first time either.

Reminding Luke and Dean that they once played baseball together (Christopher Returns) .

Pam
haddyboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 12:37 PM
Master Fan

I can't get over the Pippi reactions. I think about it in my head and still bust out laughing. It was just so funny. That and that panic room stuff. Hilarious. It's nice when I just have to think about something and it will make me laugh.

I think a good point was made about Rory and Dean. They kept talking about the past and trying to relive the past. Even Lorelai was doing that. They did something they USED to do in hopes that it would be just as good now. But, obviously, it wasn't. Their lives are different. They are different people now. Even Lorelai is a different person.

I too would have liked Lorelai to tell Luke that not even Rory is perfect. I mean she maybe didn't need to tell him about the affair, but something pointing out that Rory too is human. She has made mistakes and doesn't deserve to be put on a pedestal. As much as she would love her daughter to be held to such high standards that really isn't the case anymore.

When Lorelai said "I just need this to work" I think she was referring to Rory and Dean, but mostly about Rory because she needs Rory to be happy with Dean because that is the only thing that allows her and her daughter to have a semi-normal relationship. And she needs Rory to believe she is OK with Dean too otherwise it will go back to the awkwardness like in the premiere. Lorelai didn't like that and really is going to do whatever it takes to have things be good again. Although I think that is sad because Lorelai knows it's not the right relationship for Rory but is too scared to admit that to Rory in fear of losing her daughter. She doesn't want to be like her mother. Lorelai needs Rory in her life and it's sad she'd stoop so low to save her relationship. If they could just have a heart to heart they may be able to work things out. I will be glad to see Logan come into the picture so that the awkward Dean subject between Lorelai and Rory can start to fade. And so Rory can realize what she did was actually wrong. I don't think she's really come to terms with that. Once she does I think that is when we'll see the reprecusions she deserves.

Well, I've said my .02 cents for now. Back to work I go..
Mots15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 12:38 PM
Passionate Fan

When Luke complained about Dean slurping on the soda, was anyone else reminded of Lorelai in Kiss and Tell, complaining about the way Dean handled the lemons?

"Normal people make a living. The deranged make history"-Chris Titus
Gaelicmaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 01:00 PM
Loyal Fan

I loved last nights episode especially the Pippi talk 'cause my sister and I loved that movie so much when we were little we would re-enact the entire movie using our Barbie dolls.

I also loved how protective Luke was of Rory. It kind of reminded me of him in "The Breakup, Part 2"

-Krist

icon by:Unknown
*Kristi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 02:23 PM
Loyal Fan

A few things about this episode:

First, I *loved* this episode! I thought it was laugh-out-loud hilarious. But, also emotionally rooted... which, in my opinion, is essential to any good GG episode. For old-time fans, it was great because there were SO many shout-outs to the past.
- Lorelai and Richard's convo about Proust (which she had tried to read when she was with Max)
- The fact that Lorelai/Rory/Dean used to have a great relationship and hang out.
- The fact that Luke and Dean used to play softball together

Second, I thought everyone was written in character. Alexis even seemed more energetic than she has in a while. Lorelai and Rory actually had some good conversations (in the diner, over the phone about Emily/Richard). The sing-a-long was hilarious too!

Third, while it would have been great to see Luke and Lorelai kiss.... let's just face the fact that ASP is not going to make this relationship mushy. She's just not. So, let's just get over it. And, concentrate on the stuff we did get. Because, the season and the show itself aren't over yet... and I'm sure that romantic Luke and Lorelai will come at some points. It's hard, I know. But, I have a feeling that we will be rewarded for our patience.

Fourth, I totalllly agree with the theory that Luke may be the one to ruin things by taking the Lorelai/Chris thing out of context. Or, because of his own insecurities. When I was watching his speech to Lorelai about Dean not being good enough for Rory, I couldn't help but think that he was being hypocritical. But, the fact that he was so *blatantly* hypocritical makes me think that the writers knew it too... and that it will play a role later on.

Fifth, it is obvious to me that the Rory/Dean relationship is going downhill. As someone said earlier, there were so many references about how great "things used to be in the old days". Well, you can't go back to the past. And, I think this will also be a theme with the Lorelai/Chris relationship. Chris is going to show up with Gigi, and try to play house with Lorelai, but that time has come and gone. You can't go back. You can't always re-create your past. You have to move on. I think it's an interesting theme, and in the end Dean will be to Rory what Chris will be to Lorelai - remnants of the past... of what could have been... but, just isn't anymore.

Finally - The promo for next week? Loved it! I'm a JavaJunkie all the way. But, Chris coming back is going to be great. It's going to add some emotional levity to the show. And, as I said before, the best comedic moments on the show are often grounded by the more real and emotional moments. So, I say BRING it on!

Thanks for reading!

Hannah

LUKE: You're an amazing woman.
LORELAI: Thank you for noticing.

Fanfiction Entries
gilmoregal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 03:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

I love Luke but did anyone think he was a little hypricatial considering he got married during the summer and then before the cruse was even over he was already getting a devorce... I do agree that Dean is not good enough for Rory though.
mandypandy1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 03:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by mandypandy1981
I love Luke but did anyone think he was a little hypricatial considering he got married during the summer and then before the cruse was even over he was already getting a devorce... I do agree that Dean is not good enough for Rory though.
The difference is that Luke knew that he and Nicole's spur of the moment marriage was a mistake from the get go and tried to get a divorce right away. Then he tried to make the marriage work for Nicole's sake until she cheated on him and then he divorced her. Dean knew going into the marriage with Lindsay that he was still in love with Rory and did it anyway. Luke knew this. Also Dean didn't even end the marriage, he waited for Lindsay to catch him cheating and let her end it.
A. B. Normal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread