Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2004, 09:37 PM
Total Fan

And Lorelai's comment about how matters of the heart are never a sure thing......scary stuff.....hint of things to come??!!

There was a lot of Luke thinking about himself in that speech. Rory deserving a prince.....Lorelai deserving one too.....

I also think he was talking about Dean taking her gold coins, Luke-speak for taking her virginity. If he doesn't know that its already happened, I'm sure he sees Dean taking it. Like a good 'dad', I'm sure he wants to think of her as always pure and chaste. Even though he knew she and Jess went at it pretty good......
~~ CherylS ~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 09:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

ABNormal posted:
Quote:
Also Dean didn't even end the marriage, he waited for Lindsay to catch him cheating and let her end it.
This is the standard behavior of an immature person. Let the victim do the breaking up, less guilt that way.
LynnieV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 10:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Lauren in the sexy librarian glasses was indescribably sexy. I had to remember to breathe.
JakeTheLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 11:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

Are the ep caps up yet on any of the sites?

laterz kat
Little Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 01:25 AM
Master Fan

Very dodgy caps here

I'm still cracking up laughing today when I think about Lorelai as Agent Orange in the Panic Room

ETA: I just realised that sounded like something out of Cluedo

Twitter: nlm78
Nadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 02:13 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by A. B. Normal
The difference is that Luke knew that he and Nicole's spur of the moment marriage was a mistake from the get go and tried to get a divorce right away. Then he tried to make the marriage work for Nicole's sake until she cheated on him and then he divorced her. Dean knew going into the marriage with Lindsay that he was still in love with Rory and did it anyway. Luke knew this. Also Dean didn't even end the marriage, he waited for Lindsay to catch him cheating and let her end it.
I'm totally agree with this. But I also have an other point of view about Dean/Luke issue.

When Luke told Lorelai why he's mad about Dean, he was unconsciously talking about himself. I'm pretty sure that he's not proud of himself when he thinks about his past relationships. He did a lot of thinking these past months (with psychology book). Maybe, all the things he said about Dean, It's a way to admit his own lack of judgement and tell L than he's now aware.

Does someone have a opinion about this ?
Little “O” as in obtuse / Double “Z” as in ZZ top...
- Anthony DiNozzo Jr
allyanndanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 02:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by allyanndanes
I'm totally agree with this. But I also have an other point of view about Dean/Luke issue.

When Luke told Lorelai why he's mad about Dean, he was unconsciously talking about himself. I'm pretty sure that he's not proud of himself when he thinks about his past relationships. He did a lot of thinking these past months (with psychology book). Maybe, all the things he said about Dean, It's a way to admit his own lack of judgement and tell L than he's now aware.

Does someone have a opinion about this ?
I absolutely agree. Luke, right now at least, cannot just come out and say what he's thinking about his entire sham of a marriage with Nicole. However, I feel like he really wants to come clean about it, but isn't quite ready to do it yet. Potentially using Dean as the medium? Likely. That wasn't like Luke at all. We've seen ranting!Luke. We've seen concerned!Luke. And we've seen disappointed!Luke. But we rarely see flat out mean!Luke. Which is what that was. And I think that hostility is coming from somewhere other than just Dean.
Old 10-21-2004, 02:37 AM
Extreme Fan

Hello ! Morgan ~ Coffeegirl28

Ya, we don't see much "I'm talking about myself!Luke". We know him at monosyllabic!Luke. Is he going to open more in the future ? I'll like to see that.

About the hostility, you have a good point. Even if Luke said that Dean is punk, I don't think he's really thinking that. Ok, he's not agree with his behavior and maybe he thinks that his not good enough for Rory but I'm sure deep inside of him, he thinks that Dean is good young man.

I'm out for tonight. Bye.
Little “O” as in obtuse / Double “Z” as in ZZ top...
- Anthony DiNozzo Jr
allyanndanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 05:38 AM
Addicted Fan

Changing subjects...

Does anyone else finding the interaction of Richard and Emily with Lorelai and Rory, separately, somewhat disturbing and unfitting? I just felt weird the entire time. And when Richard showed up to talk to Emily at the end, nothing felt weird, even though I guess under the circumstances, it should have. So sad that after 40 years, these two are not functionally talking. You can just feel it.

At first, it was hard, and I thought the scenes were semi-filler, but the ending made the set up worth it.
ilovetheshins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 06:33 AM
Passionate Fan

With Emily and Richard they had a on-going dynamic to them where they both led separate lives that operated symbiotically. He was busy at work. She was busy planning social and charity functions many of which helped had overt or covert business agendas that helped further Richard's career.

One thing that annoyed me earlier in the series is when Lorelai seemed to look down on her as a "mere" housewife which was VERY far from the truth. Especially given the number of organizations Emily continues to be involved with in both an organizational and executive capacity.

When Richard "retired" it broke up their routine. They were both used to a routine where they were both busy all the time and their time together was structured. Emily welcomed the time together but disapproved of some of Richard's habits as he struggled to fill idle time. Richard chafed at being scrutinized and not having a purpose to motivate him.

Richard went back into business and wanted things to return to the way they were. Emily wanted more time with her husband so they could enjoy their retirement together.

Their routine was broken up and in order to stay together they need to develop a new understanding and a new relationship. So far their answer is to live separate lives. Which isn't all bad if like me you want Paris and Richard to get together. Problem is we need to find someone for Emily. Jess perhaps?
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Raja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 06:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Raja

Their routine was broken up and in order to stay together they need to develop a new understanding and a new relationship. So far their answer is to live separate lives. Which isn't all bad if like me you want Paris and Richard to get together. Problem is we need to find someone for Emily. Jess perhaps?
Emily and Richard are each other's Siegfried and Roy; they need each other and they belong together. But if you're pondering over someone for Emily to fill the void right now, I say Marty or Gypsy. Preferably Marty, because Gypsy and Andrew have a thing.

villette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 05:38 AM
Addicted Fan

Raja, excellent analytical mini-dissertation.

Richard and Emily do need each other, but while they are on break, Richard can go woo Paris with his barbershop quartet, and Emily needs to rebel a bit. There's a WildEmily (as witnessed by DrunkEmily) that's screaming to get out, and someone needs to feed the fire. A Jess type could do that, except I don't want to picture that. Maybe Digger can bounce from daughter to mother... at least temporarily.
ilovetheshins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 05:08 PM
Extreme Fan

5.05 - We Got Us A Pippi Virgin - Gallery

Last edited by Jet1945; 10-22-2004 at 05:14 PM
Jet1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 05:34 PM
Supreme Fan

Thanks, Jet! Love the 2nd and 14th ones.

RORY: What'd I miss?
EMILY: I was just admiring your mother's life.
RORY: Oh, I do that daily.
* Kay * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 11:33 PM
Banned

Could anyone tell me where I could watch the trailer for next week?
Its not up on thewb.com
Squeegy is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top