Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2013, 05:39 PM
Master Fan

I am just happy she's on TV. The fact that's she not on some no name network on some unknown show is awesome. Girls is a hit. I hope it leads to bigger and better roles. Now that she opened the door she entered new territory. Well see what happens down the road. She's happy and that's all that matters. Shiri did not have go do the scene but she felt comfortable doing it and went for it.

4/29/06 was the greatest day of my life and one that I will never forget. Thank you Shiri.

You're adorkable!! - Hell on Heels
Old 03-15-2013, 03:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper1944 (View Post)
nudity is never mandatory. There were great movies made years before nudity was allowed.

So those saying you have to do some are full of it.
Really then how can you convinced an audience of such scene. Kate Winslet was already a great actress but she has to do that for scenes that requires it for the Titanic and The Reader. Nudity was the norm for actresses and actors that started during ancient times. And it's a fact it's in the history books of art.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARLBNY (View Post)
I am just happy she's on TV. The fact that's she not on some no name network on some unknown show is awesome. Girls is a hit. I hope it leads to bigger and better roles. Now that she opened the door she entered new territory. Well see what happens down the road. She's happy and that's all that matters. Shiri did not have go do the scene but she felt comfortable doing it and went for it.
She's happy. And people are making a lot out of it. Shiri is not a teenager she's 34 years old. And she can do what is necessary for a scene. There are actresses who does not want to do it and there are others who will do it for the sake of art. And that's it Why does some people on the net act so prudish about it. It is as if Shiri is the only one to do it. Lena Dunham is the producer of the show and she doe a lot more obvious
and disgusting thing but nobody judge her.

Oy, I just came from other website and some people are blowing this out of proportion. Okay Shiri next time when you have a scene that calls for you to have a sex with someone try wearing 30 layers of gown long sleeves and wear a turtlenecks don't just wear a panty wear a chastity pants. As if this people has not seen somebody takes their clothes off before.

Last edited by Pempees; 03-16-2013 at 06:52 AM
Old 03-15-2013, 05:11 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by doula (View Post)
She's happy. And people are making a lot out of it. Shiri is not a teenager she's 34 years old. And she can do what is necessary for a scene. There are actresses who does not want to do it and there are others who will do it for the sake of art. And that's it Why does some people on the net act so prudish about it. It is as if Shiri is the only one to do it. Lena Dunham is the producer of the show and she doe a lot more obvious
and disgusting thing but nobody judge her.
Some people are probably old school and are living in the past. It's 2013 and not not the 1950's. Sex and Nudity are a part of life especially on TV. If that scene was Liz and Max instead of Adam ans Natalia people may think it was hot. I think because it was graphic and Shiri's 1st time is getting people all nuts. It was just a pair of breast and everyone's got them. I thought the scene with the Q-tip was more gross then the sex scene. Someone on IMDB posted some spoilers about this weeks episode. If they are true Lena will be doinging something even more gross then Adam and Natalia.

People went crazy back in the day when Elvis gyrated his hips. Boy have times changed.

Some people are not going to like that 50 shades movie. That may make Girls look like PG13.

Quote:
Oy, I just came from other website and some people are blowing this out of proportion. Okay Shiri next time when you have a scene that calls for you to have a sex with someone try wearing 30 layers of gown long sleeves and wear a turtlenecks don't just wear a panty wear a chastity pants. As if this people has not seen somebody takes their clothes off before.
That was funny. Some people are crazy.

4/29/06 was the greatest day of my life and one that I will never forget. Thank you Shiri.

Last edited by EARLBNY; 03-15-2013 at 08:20 AM
Old 03-15-2013, 08:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
If they are true Lena will be doinging something even more gross then Adam and Natalia.
You should have read the spoilers from The Onion. Lena is really pushing her show to the edge.

Quote:
People went crazy back in the day when Elvis gyrated his hips. Boy have times changed.
True dat

Quote:
Some people are not going to like that 50 shades movie. That may make Girls look like PG13.
I haven't read the novel yet but I' intrigue

Quote:
That was funny. Some people are crazy.
True but some people are uncomfortable about stepping out of their comfort zone. and this is a natural reaction to them.

The reason why I'm very defensive of Shiri right now. It's because our girl has explored her creative side and step out of her own comfort zone. She show courage for the sake of her art. And what does she gets from other people in the net she got unfounded criticism that she does not deserve.

And by the way her scene was the most talked about, in regards to that show. It was not only well acted but very controversial as well. I wouldn't be surprised if Shiri will finally get her much deserved recognition.

Last edited by doula; 03-15-2013 at 08:45 PM Reason: wrong grammarwrong punctuations
Old 03-15-2013, 09:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
You should have read the sp[oilers from The Onion. Lena is really pushing her show to the edge.

True dat

I haven't read the novel yet but I' intrigue

True but some people are uncomfortable about stepping out of their comfort zone. and this is a natural reaction to them.

The reason why I'm very defensive of Shiri right now. It's because our girl has explored her creative side and step out of her own comfort zone. She show courage for the sake of her art. And what does she gets from other people in the net she got unfounded criticism that she does not deserve.

And by the way her scene was the most talked about, in regards to that show. It was not well acted but very controversial as well. I wouldn't be surprised if Shiri will finally get her much deserved recognition.
I read the onion thing and that what I was talking about. I am throwing up in my mouth just thinking about it. :yuck: Nothing against Lena but the shock value is way over the top. I also read that Shiri is going to have another sexy scene. I wonder what people will say after this new scene.

Married couples used to sleep in 2 different beds.

I have not read that Novel either. As a guy I have no interest. The woman in my family have told me about the book. If Shiri did that movie people would be talking about her even more.

I have been waiting for Shiri to step out of her comfort zone forever.

Her scene was sure talked about a lot this week. People have mentioned Shiri's name more in one week then they did in the last year. It great that people are talking about her. I wish they did this much talking when she was on some of her other shows. The minute she does a graphic scene people start talking. BTW just because she does a scene like this dies not mean her career is in the toilet.

I hope this role is start of something good. I hope people take notice and her career goes into overdrive. I want more Shiri please. Lots more.

I just recieved the following interview via google alerts. Good stuff if you ask me. Shiri talks about that scene on Girls, Roswell, babies, working on Parent Hood and Masters of Sex.

Girls’ Shiri Appleby Talks “On All Fours” Sex Scene, Previews Season 2 Finale - wetpaint.com

Last edited by EARLBNY; 03-15-2013 at 09:33 PM
Old 03-16-2013, 04:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Really then how can you convinced an audience of such scene. Kate Winslet was already a great actress but she has to do that for scenes that requires it for the Titanic and The Reader. Nudity was the norm for actresses and actors that started during ancient times. And it's a fact it's in the history books of art.
oh come on

Did Gone with the Wind have nudity?

Cid Citizen Kane?

Did Ben Hur?

Did Avatar?

Did they need nudity in the Harry Potter Movies?

How many great tv shows have nudity?

Your are trying to justify the idea that nudity is necessary. History has proven you wrong.

I notice only two people want Shiri doing nude scenes in this thread. What are their reasons?

And beyond the nudity- degrading scenes are just that.

Talk about comfort zone is once again making excuses.

How about believing that so called art is not an excuse?

How about believing that there are some things you should not do?
Old 03-16-2013, 04:30 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the link
Old 03-16-2013, 06:54 AM
Elite Fan

Doula, please don't double post. I have merged your psot together

thumper1944, please be respectful to other posters. We are all allowed to have our own opinions, and discussion is good, but you have to remember to be respectful. Also, if you don't like Shiri's performance you don't have to post in this thread.
| Icon by MyLastDayWithoutYou |
Old 03-16-2013, 11:21 AM
Master Fan

I can't believe tomorrow is the season finale. Where did the time go? I feel like the season just started.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pempees (View Post)
Doula, please don't double post. I have merged your psot together
Sorry for that .
Old 03-16-2013, 11:47 AM
Detective Eames

Quote:
I can't believe tomorrow is the season finale. Where did the time go? I feel like the season just started.
Time flies I can't wait to see what happens tomorrow!
Old 03-16-2013, 11:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper1944 (View Post)
oh come on

Did Gone with the Wind have nudity?

Cid Citizen Kane?

Did Ben Hur?

Did Avatar?

Did they need nudity in the Harry Potter Movies?

How many great tv shows have nudity?

Your are trying to justify the idea that nudity is necessary. History has proven you wrong.

I notice only two people want Shiri doing nude scenes in this thread. What are their reasons?

And beyond the nudity- degrading scenes are just that.

Talk about comfort zone is once again making excuses.

How about believing that so called art is not an excuse?

How about believing that there are some things you should not do?
Citizen Kane, Ben Hur, and Gone with the winds where great movies of LONG AGO we are not living in that world anymore plus the fact that they were never in HBO. Avatar and Harry Potter are targetting younger audienceand the general public. If you are not comfortable with Shiri doing this scenes that requires her character to do then don`t watch it. You have all the right to do that.

SHIRI DID A GREAT JOB and I believed from her personality she sacrificed a lot to do that controversial scene and not only did we admire her for it. BUT WE APPLAUD HER COURAGE. SHE NEVER MADE ME MORE PROUDER TO BE HER FANS FOR IT. WHICH MAKES HER A TRUE ARTIST.

Thanks to Earlnby`s link for this;
`And I know everyone keeps talking about Roswell, and it’s just so funny because I really came from that onto the scene as a young girl and so now, as more of a woman,`

So true. I`m afraid that Roswell has typecast ed Shiri to one kind of role. And sometimes you can understand how some people are harsher to her in this scene. I guess they have a difficulties in accepting the fact that Shiri as a Liz Parker and Shiri as Natalie are still the SAME person only that she has grown as an artist and moved on.

Last edited by Pempees; 03-17-2013 at 06:00 AM
Old 03-16-2013, 04:44 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Thanks to Earlnby`s link for this;
`And I know everyone keeps talking about Roswell, and it’s just so funny because I really came from that onto the scene as a young girl and so now, as more of a woman,`

So true. I`m afraid that Roswell has typecast ed Shiri to one kind of role. And sometimes you can understand how some people are harsher to her in this scene. I guess they have a difficulties in accepting the fact that Shiri as a Liz Parker and Shiri as Natalie are still the SAME person only that she has grown as an artist and moved on.
It is we who can not let go of Liz Parker.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:33 PM
Master Fan

I am glad you dug the link.

No matter how many years pass or how big Shiri gets she will never forget Roswell.

Shiri will not be typecast after Girls.

Some of those questions in the link I posted were questions I asked Shiri during the HBO Q&A. They just never got answered till now. Now I finally know what's on her IPod playlist. I live Van (the man) Morrison. Kind of OT but when Van Morrison was inducted into the Rock and Roll hall of fame back in 1993 then unknown band Counting Crows filled in for him. They performed a cover of Caravan. They killed it. I love that song and the Crows cover.

I also looked up some info on that show Masters of Sex. That show has not even premiered yet. However it's going to show a lot of skin. I guess after that scene on Girls Shiri is ok with that now.

Old 03-17-2013, 01:02 AM
Part-Time Fan

Sometimes it's so unfair that her former co-stars has moved on and they were not bothered by questions about Roswell but our Shiri has to endure redundant questions if she still likes to have Jason Behr as a leading man or that how does it feels to work with Jason. No offense Jason might be a lovely person but I think they stop having to do anything with each other for almost 13 years now. I think she has answered those questions a long time ago and I don;t think Jason was ever bothered to be asked those questions about Shiri himself. If they have some more question about Jason or Roswell they should direct the Question to Jason or his wife I don't think Shiri knows anything about him anymore.

Quote:
I am glad you dug the link.

No matter how many years pass or how big Shiri gets she will never forget Roswell.

Shiri will not be typecast after Girls.

Some of those questions in the link I posted were questions I asked Shiri during the HBO Q&A. They just never got answered till now. Now I finally know what's on her IPod playlist. I live Van (the man) Morrison. Kind of OT but when Van Morrison was inducted into the Rock and Roll hall of fame back in 1993 then unknown band Counting Crows filled in for him. They performed a cover of Caravan. They killed it. I love that song and the Crows cover.

I also looked up some info on that show Masters of Sex. That show has not even premiered yet. However it's going to show a lot of skin. I guess after that scene on Girls Shiri is ok with that now.
By the way I'm not talking about you Erik. Because I know how much you love and Respect Shiri. I'm just complaining about other posters on that site why they keep beating the dead horse with those questions.

Earlnby check your pm

Last edited by Pempees; 03-17-2013 at 06:02 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread