Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2013, 04:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForVanAngel (View Post)
Thanks. I think you could, I'm no native English speaker.

So much to read and think and write. Okay. Yeah. It's true. I don't know. I don't watch/like shows that have to much sex on it. Okay, how many examples are there but this episode of Girls is a good example. The episode wasn't about much, not much did happen within the 28 minutes but people of couse talk about the sex scene of Shiri. Shiri has hit a certain age, is pregnant, maybe doesn't know if she would act again, or sees it as a chance to do something completely different. But what did Shiri expect? She was on the show shadowing, so she got the role and she took it, she knew the script, she could've said yes. It was a very explicit and dirty scene. Not just a "normal" sex scene. It was no fun to watch, but the scene wasn't intended to be fun, it was also no positive shock or however you might call that. I am watching Roswell's season 2, so what should I think...

I am not a fun of unnecessary nudity on tv shows anyway. Why should I have to see that? People forget that actors are humans to and don't just want to do everything they read on a script in front of a camera. When some actors say that it's awkward to kiss somebody in front of the camera without knowing him much or not knowing him at all, how awkward must it be to do something like taking clothes of and stuff? I wonder what Shiri's husband(?) thinks about that? Or did she just do it?

Merci beaucoup!
You could have folled me. English is my native language and sometimes I feel like its not my native language. I watch shows that have skin (The Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire) but not just because of the skin. Whatever her reason I hope she liked the end result and it does not acare her awnay from future roles. Nudity aside I think Shiri did a great job with the acting and facial expressions. She's got a gift. She's a natural. I just wish more people would take notice. I got a vibe like she a virgin to the whole S&M thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper1944 (View Post)
gee and some people here were so happy for Shiri to be on this show.

Frankly I think she took this part when her pregnancy hormones were really at work.

been looking around the internet and there certainly is a lot of talk about this episode.

Sadly I do not see much in the way of this making anyone think better of Shiri as an actress.
I was one of those people that was happy for her. I am still happy she got a job even if it was 2 or 3 episodes and she showed some skin.

I guess any talk is better then no talk at all.

I wish people would talk about her and use words like brilliant amazing award winning.

What is it going to take and how long? Ill not going anywhere but I am getting tired of waiting.

4/29/06 was the greatest day of my life and one that I will never forget. Thank you Shiri.

You're adorkable!! - Hell on Heels
Old 03-11-2013, 05:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

I watch those shows as well, but unlike with Girls, where having sex seems to take away some minutes of an episodes, with Sopranos (which I have seen), it's a totally different thing. Let's hope Shiri is happy with the result. She must have known what she was doing.

To the Q&A:

Feeling comfortable with the actor playing the guy for a sex scene is very important and I think Shiri knew that he was a nice guy to play with. She seems to be a fan of Girls and watches it herself. If you are an American woman, it's way easier to relate to a show like Girls than me being from a different galaxy.

"Professionally, every job leads you to the next." - Sounds good to me. With every role you can grow and Roswell was just the beginning.

I agree: Natalia was shocked to find out that Adam has kind of a not so fun life of his own. To fake being a fun guy and being nice to a girl (though he was cursing a lot) is not that hard but the apartment showed her how his life really is.

I'd like to see Shiri in a comedy. That would work, Dating Rules is prove. When looking for something different, she found it with Girls.

Quote:
Recently you collaborated with one of your former Roswell co-stars, Colin Hanks
Can anybody tell me where that was? I would love to see Shiri on Revenge with Nick. Maybe as his new girlfriend and Emily would be super jealous or something.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I watch those shows as well, but unlike with Girls, where having sex seems to take away some minutes of an episodes, with Sopranos (which I have seen), it's a totally different thing. Let's hope Shiri is happy with the result. She must have known what she was doing.

To the Q&A:

Feeling comfortable with the actor playing the guy for a sex scene is very important and I think Shiri knew that he was a nice guy to play with. She seems to be a fan of Girls and watches it herself. If you are an American woman, it's way easier to relate to a show like Girls than me being from a different galaxy.

"Professionally, every job leads you to the next." - Sounds good to me. With every role you can grow and Roswell was just the beginning.

I agree: Natalia was shocked to find out that Adam has kind of a not so fun life of his own. To fake being a fun guy and being nice to a girl (though he was cursing a lot) is not that hard but the apartment showed her how his life really is.

I'd like to see Shiri in a comedy. That would work, Dating Rules is prove. When looking for something different, she found it with Girls.

Can anybody tell me where that was? I would love to see Shiri on Revenge with Nick. Maybe as his new girlfriend and Emily would be super jealous or something.
I wish Girls was a whole hour. While watching Girls last night I kept thinking that every scene with just Lena or other characters were taking away from Shiri screen time. I doubt Shiri is going to loose any sleep over this role.

Both Shiri and Adam are newly engaged so that was something they had in common and hit it off from the start. Kind of OT but toady I heard an interview on the radio with Gerard Butler. He takes about having to use a coach to loose his scottish accent.

I hope this one leads Shiri to another great job.

Natalia was definitely shocked she had not seen that side of Adam. He like upper a switch probably due to seeing Hannah and drinking and became the old Adam again. The site of his apartment and the rough sex scared her.

Shiri wanted to do something totally different and sink her teeth into somethhing she bad not done before and Girls was just that.

I would love to see Shiri in a comedy on network TV, cable TV or the Internet. Dattiing Rules was so funny. Just as good as a show like New Girl or the Mindy Project.

Revenge is on my list of must watch shows. I have so many shows and so little time.

Shiri posted that video with Colin on Twitter. Here is more info.

Got the Check? | Watch the video - Yahoo! Screen

https://mobile.twitter.com/ColinHank...96652619264002

4/29/06 was the greatest day of my life and one that I will never forget. Thank you Shiri.

Old 03-11-2013, 06:12 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks!

"Got the Check?" was really funny.

Yeah, I have to watch Revenge for Emily, but will watch season 2 in Summer or after May.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Thanks!

"Got the Check?" was really funny.

Yeah, I have to watch Revenge for Emily, but will watch season 2 in Summer or after May.
Anytime. It's what I do. Shiri fans helping Shiri fans.

Shiri's got talent in front and behind the camera.

I found a great article about last nights episode. They do a great job breaking the scene down word for word. Good, bad or whatever people are talking about Shiri more then they have in a while.

Girls' Adam and Natalia: Sexual assault and verbal consent on HBO's Girls

Old 03-11-2013, 08:02 PM
Obsessed Fan

That's definitely the disadvantage of having watched only 1 previous episode of Girls before Shiri's 2s. I didn't realize that Adam was a recovering drunk (didn't really remember, do you expect me to remember storylines from shows I don't care about when I have several other shows to remeber? Not really. ), so when he met Hannah outside, and was drunk, something like what Natalia had to experience is more likely to happen. "Natalia takes Adam to a friend’s engagement party, where her friends aren’t so sure he’s a nice guy." Also I didn't get that reaction (but don't ask me to rewatch the episode, won't do it^^). That's all I have to say. From my point of view it wasn't rape, but it's interesting how it could've been. Is Girls over for Shiri? If Natalie continues going out with Adam after what he did, she is stupid.

Thanks for your help, Eric.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
That's definitely the disadvantage of having watched only 1 previous episode of Girls before Shiri's 2s. I didn't realize that Adam was a recovering drunk (didn't really remember, do you expect me to remember storylines from shows I don't care about when I have several other shows to remeber? Not really. ), so when he met Hannah outside, and was drunk, something like what Natalia had to experience is more likely to happen. "Natalia takes Adam to a friend’s engagement party, where her friends aren’t so sure he’s a nice guy." Also I didn't get that reaction (but don't ask me to rewatch the episode, won't do it^^). That's all I have to say. From my point of view it wasn't rape, but it's interesting how it could've been. Is Girls over for Shiri? If Natalie continues going out with Adam after what he did, she is stupid.

Thanks for your help, Eric.
Once again it's my pleasure. I knew he was an alcoholic but if you did not know it would play out differently. Without giving too much away I believe Shiri will be in the season finale this week. Some guy who has a blog posted some rumors a while back. He gave you all the details on Shiri. According to him she will be on again this week. His rumors so far has been spot on. I've read that this guy is an insider.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:13 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the link. Shiri definitely knew what she was doing and what that might imply.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:17 AM
Extreme Fan

I would really like to see this episode but unfortunately I do not have HBO and I can't find it on Netflix. Does anyone know if there is another way for me to see the last episode?
Old 03-12-2013, 03:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

It was a degrading scene. Wish Shiri had not been part of it.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:27 AM
Elite Fan

I have not yet seen the episodes myself, but I do know however what is going to happen. Things like that go viral fast in the internet

What we have to remember, and accept is that Shiri knew what she was getting into, and she chose to do it. She wanted to do it. We don't necessarily have to like it, but we should not judge her. I for one, don't mind. Her body, her choice.

The Q&A was great read! i didn't even know she did that!
| Icon by MyLastDayWithoutYou |
Old 03-12-2013, 07:06 AM
Master Fan

I thought Shiri was brave and got out of her comfort zone and did a great job. I guess if they lit some candles and had some epic love scene like people have imagined Liz and Max doing we may be talking about different things. I think part of it is the fact that it was kind of graphic and her 1st scene. This was new territory for her. Was the scene degrading yes. She was not forced at gunpoint to do the scene. Shiri felt comfortable doing the scene. She said that Adam made her more at ease. She could have said no. Sometimes scenes like this are part of the job. Shiri is a great actress. She wanted to give 100% into the role and in order to do that she had to do that scene. She's not Liz Parker anymore. She's 34. I know she may look as young as Liz Parker. Maybe this was to close a chapter in her life or start a new one. Only Shiri truly knows. Shiri said in the podcast she did a while back that doing her 1st nude scene was liberating. Who knows what will come her way once the baby is born? At the very least it got a lot of people talking. People that did not know who she was 2 weeks ago now know her name. This role did not change how I feel about her at all.

Her Q&A she did was awesome. She gives great answers.

Last edited by EARLBNY; 03-12-2013 at 10:19 AM
Old 03-12-2013, 09:57 AM
Elite Fan

I agree with you, Eric And the idea what I have gotten of the episode from everything I've seen and read is that it was suppose to be a bit degrading for Natalia. It was the whole point of them two scenes, showing the differences there can be. I know I will probably be uncomfortable watching it, but it is just because I get so uncomfortable watching things that are very realistic, and that are most likely happening all over the world, although they maybe shouldn't.

Again, none of this makes the show or the episode bad. Just gets people thinking and talking. Which is good in my opinion
| Icon by MyLastDayWithoutYou |
Old 03-13-2013, 07:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pempees (View Post)
I agree with you, Eric And the idea what I have gotten of the episode from everything I've seen and read is that it was suppose to be a bit degrading for Natalia. It was the whole point of them two scenes, showing the differences there can be. I know I will probably be uncomfortable watching it, but it is just because I get so uncomfortable watching things that are very realistic, and that are most likely happening all over the world, although they maybe shouldn't.

Again, none of this makes the show or the episode bad. Just gets people thinking and talking. Which is good in my opinion
Good points. For some people It was just shocking. I think they are not used to Shiri doing a scene like this. Plus she was only in 1 other episode for a very short time so it came so fast. There was not a whole season to build up to a scene like this. I can't think of any show that showed the pay off scene like that. They hint at it but I have never seen something like that on TV. I think doing Girls could open up some doors. At least I hope so. I just hope that after that scene they dont just write her off. I would to see Shiri's version of Girls on HBO. Shiri can write direct and star in a show.

I just noticed that on the Girls IMDB message boards they have a thread about that scene that has 170 replies. that is one thread of many. I also noticed that Shiri is now listed in 3 episodes. It's official we get to see her again this week.

Girls (TV series)
Natalia
– Together (2013) … Natalia
– On All Fours (2013) … Natalia
– It's Back (2013) … Natalia

ETA I just got a nice short interview via google alerts that I thought I would share.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&q=htt...Ir61Bxbaq-TAVQ

Last edited by EARLBNY; 03-13-2013 at 10:49 AM
Old 03-13-2013, 03:28 PM
Absolute Fan

Thanks for the link. I is sympathetic the comments on twitter, as Max Evans would not approve of what she did in that episode.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread