Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2012, 08:27 PM
Master Fan

I think you have to start with Katims. He has to be interested in writing a script before they can start to shop the idea around for backers, and I think we all agree that we wouldn't want anyone else penning the movie... unless he'd rope in Melinda Metz to help him.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:02 AM
Elite Fan

Well, I don't know about Melinda Metz. I know the books were originally hers, but the series is just completely different from what she wrote. But anyway, I think anyone else than Katims just might wreck it completely. He might as well, but probably not as badly
| Icon by MyLastDayWithoutYou |
Old 03-13-2012, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

I honestly do not want Katims has nothing to do with a possible movie, he already ruined once and more than enough.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:14 AM
Elite Fan

But he is the creator Maybe he has learned from his mistakes.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pempees (View Post)
But anyway, I think anyone else than Katims just might wreck it completely. He might as well, but probably not as badly
That's actually my fear about a Roswell movie. I think most of the cast would agree to come back (at least the characters/actors I would care about), but Roswell ended up on such a high note for Dreamer fans. A movie would be great, but, when those two hours were up, Max and Liz better both still be alive, happy, and together. If a movie would risk this, then I'll just stick to the conclusion we already received.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:22 AM
Elite Fan

There is always the risk of that, but for me it is so hard to believe that anyone would bring a show back as a movie and then kill off major characters.. But Hollywood has done worse, I suppose. But even though there is a threat of it, I would so want to have it. Because for every way they could screw it up, there is a way they could make it brilliant.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ya there is always a risk to that. But I'm the same way if a movie would ruin the happy dreamer ending we got then I don't want a movie at all.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

Is that that's the problem with JK never know.

A few days ago, someone asked to Majandra right through twitter .... and this is the tweet

Quote:
I think it could be awesome! RT @ USA__92: @ MajandraD What do you think about a movie of Roswell?
Old 03-18-2012, 03:14 PM
Elite Fan

I saw that as well. And honestly if they did a movie, they wouldn't dare to spoil the dreamer ending we got. It's not Roswell's style to play with the relationships. I see that the theme would be more of a survival one, and maybe some babies
Old 03-28-2012, 05:11 PM
Extreme Fan

I would like to see some Max and Liz babies if there were to be a Roswell movie! We got a really good ending though with Max and Liz getting married and going on the run from the FBI. As much as I want to see Max and Liz again I think I would keep the happy ending we got than to risk JK causing them more drama
Old 03-30-2012, 07:26 AM
Elite Fan

And I don't mind drama. Drama is something that every couple has, in real life as well, but as long as they will be together in the end, I will be fine with it. I could imagine the movie being made around the first pregnancy of Liz's.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pempees (View Post)
And I don't mind drama. Drama is something that every couple has, in real life as well, but as long as they will be together in the end, I will be fine with it. I could imagine the movie being made around the first pregnancy of Liz's.
I would add the drama well done! Today I imagine Max and Liz with 2 children
Old 03-30-2012, 08:19 AM
Extreme Fan

Drama is good is keeps me interested but it has to be done well. I hate 3rd parties so the drama would have to be alien related or FBI. Sometimes I just do not trust JK enough for me to want him to make a movie

Quote:
Today I imagine Max and Liz with 2 children
I imagine them with two kids as well Alex and Maddy from the books. We know from the books that Alex would have healing powers just like Max. I wonder if they would go with that storyline in the movie.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Drama is good is keeps me interested but it has to be done well. I hate 3rd parties so the drama would have to be alien related or FBI. Sometimes I just do not trust JK enough for me to want him to make a movie
Same here

Quote:
I imagine them with two kids as well Alex and Maddy from the books. We know from the books that Alex would have healing powers just like Max. I wonder if they would go with that storyline in the movie.
I like Alex and Maddy. I wonder why there aren't fanfics about it.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:09 AM
Extreme Fan

We were left with seeing Max and Liz in such a good place so honestly if JK can't top that then don't even bother with a movie! Just leave me in my happy place please!

Quote:
I like Alex and Maddy. I wonder why there aren't fanfics about it.
I do not know why their aren't more fics centered around Max and Liz being married and having babies I would love to read those! There aren't a whole lot of post Grad fics period I think that is why I like the books so much.