Fan Forum Legend

One perk of using that technology is being able to plan in that way

β˜‚Rae
pink velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Yes pixomondo built the biggest digital 3d virtual reality stage in america for it, even bigger than the one used to film the mandalorian and other star wars shows. No more need for green screen. And the actors basically stand in the northpole bc it's literally 3rd projected all around them (plus added physical elements).
Arrakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 10:06 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I remember reading about that.

The 3D projection stuff sounds insane it must have made it a lot easier to act. I always wonder how actors are able to do things with just a green screen.
gold-steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 10:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

No idea, bc on those new sound stages the actors basically see the same that we see on screen, which is why effects shots are done in advance (not all the cgi obviously that is done later) but location shots etc, so the actors kinda see a landscape at least in fact.

No idea how they do with in front of a totally green wall though.
Old 01-27-2024, 04:02 PM
Elite Fan

That's so cool! Yeah that sounds like it would make it way easier to get into character and get into the scene.
Old 01-27-2024, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Exactly, most actors also said they prefer these new digital 3d sound stages over the classic green screen (unless obviously you film directly on location), funnily that is one of the few things the movie did well, they actually went to film at the north pole for some scenes.
Old 01-28-2024, 07:58 PM
Elite Fan

I think that makes sense. That's how I would want to do it if I were an actor.

Omg that's crazy that I went to the North Pole. I didn't know that. They were probably frozen by the end of it.
Old 01-28-2024, 09:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

I bet so, that is probably where 90% of the budget went and they had little left afterwards.
Old 01-29-2024, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Some things that worked in the more zany animated kids’ show hit differently in live action. Kiawentiio mentions one of them: β€œI feel like we also took out the element of how sexist [Sokka] was. I feel like there were a lot of moments in the original show that were iffy.”

She’s not wrong. There are entire Reddit threads about such instances, discussing how the original Sokka (prior to his character journey) would make remarks like β€œGirls are better at fixing pants than guys, and guys are better at hunting and fighting.” Ousley agrees with Kiawentiio: β€œYeah, totally. There are things that were redirected just because it might play a little differently [in live action].”
x

Oooooh! I can't say I'm the least bit bothered about them getting rid of that

β˜‚Rae
pink velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 05:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Yes that feels like the right thing to do.
Old 01-29-2024, 07:55 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I feel like that was a good call! I do like his growth throughout the show, but I feel like his bad lines would not hit in 2024.

ETA: I'm seeing a lot of people mad about this on twitter? But at the same time I know if they had left all his sexist lines the same would be like "omg Sokka's so awful why didn't they cut this out" so

Last edited by gold-steps; 01-30-2024 at 09:34 PM
Old 02-02-2024, 07:00 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

I won't miss it. I imagine it's the same people who are already saying "I hope they don't make Katara too woke and a feminist." I'm loving all the responses to that being "I'm sorry, did you not watch the show? Girlie's been a feminist for 10+ years;"
Old 02-02-2024, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by madness (View Post)
I won't miss it. I imagine it's the same people who are already saying "I hope they don't make Katara too woke and a feminist." I'm loving all the responses to that being "I'm sorry, did you not watch the show? Girlie's been a feminist for 10+ years;"
Oh yes I saw they do that already, lots of fans saying katara will be woke, it's the same people that trashed LoK for 4 seasons bc Korra was not the soft person that katara was but more hot headed, but not all girls are the same obviously. And I'm sure live action Katara will have a softer side too, just maybe a little tougher. But people read one tweet and then scream "woke" "bad" "liberal".

I'm already calling it now, the fandom will also trash the 2025 animated movie and the next avatar animated show. Social media really brought out the worst in fans in the last 15 years. If the orginal avatar came out today people would most likely hate it too I think.
Old 02-02-2024, 07:35 PM
Elite Fan

Seeing the way people hate on female characters no matter what always irritates me angry Like yeah Katara has been a feminist. She was even in 2005 and I feel like feminist and girl power messaging in media has come even farther since then, so it's a weird thing to hate on.
Quote:
I'm already calling it now, the fandom will also trash the 2025 animated movie and the next avatar animated show.
I keep seeing people saying that all of the "bad choices" in the live action are because the original creators aren't involved and that the Avatar Studios content will be better but I think you're right. I have a bad feeling people will turn on it too, because it seems to be the cool thing to hate on things now (which i do not get)
Old 02-02-2024, 07:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold-steps (View Post)
I keep seeing people saying that all of the "bad choices" in the live action are because the original creators aren't involved and that the Avatar Studios content will be better but I think you're right. I have a bad feeling people will turn on it too, because it seems to be the cool thing to hate on things now (which i do not get)
Esp because there's rumours they wanted to change things even further to make it different from the cartoon and not the same again. Things netflix wanted to keep. The only thing netflix explicitly pushed was the sokka being less sexist, but other than that I think Bryke is mostly the reason why this is more serious and less childish, let's not forget they wrote episode 1 and 6 of the live action. So I don't see how certain people will like their future content either.
Reply   Post New Thread