Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2020, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Should you start a Superman General Discussion thread or a DC General discussion thread? I think all the DC boards have that.
Old 09-21-2020, 09:41 PM
Graphics Team

DC General discussion is open for anyone to start it I had it in the Board Guide OP template, but no one's made a thread yet.
I had no idea what to put in the OP so I didn't start it.
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 09-22-2020, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidian star (View Post)
Guys can we please keep this discussion on topic Relating only to season 1 of this show.
Sorry. We actually started off on topic, but then we started incorporating a lot of other Superman stuff related to how we came to be interested in season 1, so...
Old 09-22-2020, 06:43 PM
Total Fan

I watched the 2nd & 3rd episodes of the show the other day. I think those 2 episodes were intended to be aired the other way around. At the beginning of the 3rd episode everything is hectic at the Daily Planet and Perry wants someone to get the Superman interview, though Lois thinks Superman should be hers. Meanwhile, in the 2nd episode the existence of Superman has become known enough for Trask to start his crazy 'Destroy Superman' plan. And at the end of the episode Superman visits Lois at the Daily Planet to give her an interview.

I wonder what Lois' reaction would have been if after her comments about adoption and the story Clark was writing about it he told her that he was actually adopted.

I love how Lois inspired Clark to continue being Superman when he was planning on quitting because of Lex Luthor's tests and people getting hurt, without ever actually knowing it.

I like the idea of DC General discussion thread, though I don't have any ideas for an OP either.
Old 09-25-2020, 08:13 AM
Graphics Team

^ WAIT WHAT? Really? I usually pay attention to these sort of things. But I don't remember that About the 2nd and 3rd episodes.
I'm not sure if that's the one, but in at least one of the seasons I recall them saying something about one episode was intended to be before another one. I don't remember if that was it or if it was somewhere else, but I vaguely remember hearing something like that.
Old 09-25-2020, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I really don't remember that, because it's been a really long time since I've watched the show. But that does seem like the kind of continuity error that still happened in the early 1990s on some shows.
Old 10-01-2020, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I loved when Lois got pushed off the plane, Clark didn't even hesitate to jump right after her. Don't care who was watching!
Old 10-01-2020, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yep, that's who Clark is. Of course he can always pull a Flash and move so fast he can avoid being seen.

Funny, Jor-El told his son in the original Superman, "It is forbidden for you to interfere with human history," but apparently no one told Barry Allen that.
Old 10-11-2020, 10:29 AM
Graphics Team

There were definitely some great moments in this season. Good start. And I'm glad it was so well received Definitely iconic.
Old 10-12-2020, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh, there were. I liked The Green, Green Glow of Home. That gave Clark an awful lot of vulnerability and more scenes with him back in Smallville.
Old 10-12-2020, 07:08 PM
Graphics Team

Ohhh that episode. I loved it. It was nice to see that side and even see how people reacted to meeting Lois Even how she seemed to enjoy Smallville.

There were so many great episodes. The ones after that for instance.. The Man of Steel Bars.. Pheromone, My Lovely... Honeymoon in Metropolis.. all superb
Old 10-14-2020, 09:54 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidian star (View Post)
Ohhh that episode. I loved it. It was nice to see that side and even see how people reacted to meeting Lois Even how she seemed to enjoy Smallville.

There were so many great episodes. The ones after that for instance.. The Man of Steel Bars.. Pheromone, My Lovely... Honeymoon in Metropolis.. all superb
I love all those episodes. I'm looking forward to watching them soon, hopefully.

The last episode I watched was I'm looking Through You. It was amusing when Lois declared that "the appearance of invisibility" was different from "real invisibility" after spending much of the episode saying there was no such thing as an invisible man, just so she could be 'right'.

I've never understood the choices made by the criminals in the episode that stole the invisibility suits. The parts of themselves they choose to make invisible vs those that were visible made no sense. One example of that would be from the boss/leader. He had his legs invisible, but his face, which cops could use to identify him was left visible. Why did his legs need to be invisible, but not his face? All of the criminals just seemed to have randomly selected where to use the invisibility function of the suits.
Old 10-15-2020, 07:53 PM
Graphics Team

I don't remember that His face really was visible? I thought it was invisible too.
I should go look back at that.
Old 10-16-2020, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

How about the time Lois tried explaining what a fax machine was to Martha and Jonathan, assuming they were just ignorant bumpkins who didn't know anything about tech, only for Martha to show Lois that they had a fax machine but it was old and needed to be replaced.
Old 10-17-2020, 12:08 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
How about the time Lois tried explaining what a fax machine was to Martha and Jonathan, assuming they were just ignorant bumpkins who didn't know anything about tech, only for Martha to show Lois that they had a fax machine but it was old and needed to be replaced.
Poor Lois, she was so embarrassed, Though I don't think the fax machine was old and needed to be replaced. I think Martha just wanted to check to make sure there was paper in it. It's been years since I've watched the episode but I think in Lois' embarrassment she fumbles around a bit before saying that she didn't even have a fax machine and Martha said something similar to "Oh around here you have to (have a fax machine)."

As a said I has been some years since I watched this episode/the show in general, but I do at least vaguely remember many details.