Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2020, 10:58 PM
Graphics Team

And yeah I'm not complaining about it. I still was okay with it not happening.
I think I was just focused on what was happening in this show.
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 09-04-2020, 04:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidian star (View Post)
It would've been nice to have some kinda crossovers.
But I don't think I really know that Flash.

I think I picked up on some little errors whenever I'd do rewatches. I am not sure if many noticed, but some things didn't make sense to me.

Aside from that, I thoroughly enjoyed this season. It had some kicks and some cute scenes. And some characters that were feisty or interesting.
Ugh, I feel obsolete. I was 20 when The Flash TV show aired on CBS. It had a musical score by Danny Elfman, who had just done the music for Batman.

Oh, I pick up on a lot of errors, like one in season 4, although I don't know if I should mention it on this thread.

Antonio Sabato Jr. played a character called "Deathstroke," but I think you know that wasn't Deathstroke. His character was inspired by Dr. Polaris, who controlled magnetism, but they gave him Deathstroke's name, for some weird reason.

I agree, season 1 is still my favorite. I wonder if the lack of other DC characters had anything to do with the fact that Lois & Clark was on ABC and The Flash was CBS? The Wonder Woman TV show in the 1970s was originally on ABC in its first season, but then switched to CBS for its final two seasons.
Old 09-12-2020, 08:29 AM
Master Fan

Old 09-12-2020, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for posting that! OMG, it was today, 27 years ago? Seems like yesterday.
Old 09-12-2020, 09:18 PM
Graphics Team

Omg! Thank you for posting.
It almost was like yesterday for me But I feel like I've loved this show for a long time.. even if it wasn't that long.

It's nice to see when the this began.
Old 09-13-2020, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, it feels like no time has passed.

I remember feeling bummed because ABC scheduled Lois & Clark on Sundays at 8pm, the exact same night and time as Steven Spielberg's SeaQuest DSV. I wanted to watch both shows so I watched both premieres, although I don't remember how because they both premiered on the same date, September 12th, 1993. I might have watched a rerun of one or the other, or maybe I taped one and watched the other. SeaQuest had a nice concept, but I ended up losing interest and I decided to stick with Lois & Clark. Of course, there was another science fiction show that premiered that same year on Fox, on Fridays at 9pm. The X-Files. That one ended up being my favorite sci-fi show of the 90s, but I still watched Lois & Clark.
Old 09-13-2020, 05:05 PM
Total Fan

I knew that yesterday was the anniversary of the show's premiere. At exactly 8PM last night I watched the 2 hour Pilot episode in honor of the day.

The show was my introduction to Superman, DC & superheroes in general. I was pretty little at the time and hadn't heard of any of the characters before, so things like the suitcase with the letters 'CK' on it, Perry introducing Lois Lane & Clark Kent to each other and the Superman suit & shield didn't mean anything to me at the time. It was this show that made all of those things mean something to me. My love for Superman and later superheroes in general all started with watching Lois & Clark as a child.
Old 09-14-2020, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Awww, really? I'm glad the show did that for you. My introduction was the Christopher Reeve movie in 1978. But I did like what Lois & Clark did with the characters.
Old 09-16-2020, 01:45 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Awww, really? I'm glad the show did that for you. My introduction was the Christopher Reeve movie in 1978. But I did like what Lois & Clark did with the characters.
When I was a kid we didn't have cable or anything like that. We just had an antenna and where we lived we could only get 2 channels ABC & PBS. Luckily Lois & Clark aired on ABC and since that was basically the only channel we got it was the one my family watched.

I didn't see that movie until sometime after Lois & Clark had ended. Along with a bunch of other Superman movies and shows.
Old 09-16-2020, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devoted Soul (View Post)
When I was a kid we didn't have cable or anything like that. We just had an antenna and where we lived we could only get 2 channels ABC & PBS. Luckily Lois & Clark aired on ABC and since that was basically the only channel we got it was the one my family watched.

I didn't see that movie until sometime after Lois & Clark had ended. Along with a bunch of other Superman movies and shows.
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Man, I remember antennae. I grew up with that until I was 11 years old and we got cable TV. Only ABC and PBS? You couldn't get CBS or NBC? Man. Yeah, lucky for you that Lois & Clark was on ABC and that it was 1993. Disney owns ABC so that wouldn't happen now. DC stuff is limited to CBS, CW, and HBOmax.

You didn't see the original Superman until after Lois & Clark? What did you think of the comparison?
Old 09-17-2020, 04:38 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Man, I remember antennae. I grew up with that until I was 11 years old and we got cable TV. Only ABC and PBS? You couldn't get CBS or NBC? Man. Yeah, lucky for you that Lois & Clark was on ABC and that it was 1993. Disney owns ABC so that wouldn't happen now. DC stuff is limited to CBS, CW, and HBOmax.

You didn't see the original Superman until after Lois & Clark? What did you think of the comparison?
Somewhere around the late 90s maybe, we were able to get a fuzzy/snowy CBS, which was very impressive at the time. It wasn't until later that we got cable/satellite (My dad kept switching between various cable and satellite services).

I don't specifically remember the first time I saw the Superman movie, but I liked it. I don't remember if I saw it or Superman II first, but I remember really loving the 2nd movie a lot. I didn't see III & IV until later, much, much later in the case of Superman IV.
Old 09-18-2020, 02:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Somewhere around the late 90s maybe, we were able to get a fuzzy/snowy CBS, which was very impressive at the time. It wasn't until later that we got cable/satellite (My dad kept switching between various cable and satellite services).

I don't specifically remember the first time I saw the Superman movie, but I liked it. I don't remember if I saw it or Superman II first, but I remember really loving the 2nd movie a lot. I didn't see III & IV until later, much, much later in the case of Superman IV.
Wow, fuzzy snow? I remember the days of TV static. The Poltergeist screen. Man, I miss the 80s. I'm glad you finally got the channels you wanted.

Ugh, I didn't like Superman III or IV. I did like Superman II, although there were some things about it I thought were silly. Have you ever seen the Richard Donner cut of Superman II with his original footage restored, including Marlon Brando's scenes as Jor El?
Old 09-18-2020, 05:14 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Ugh, I didn't like Superman III or IV. I did like Superman II, although there were some things about it I thought were silly. Have you ever seen the Richard Donner cut of Superman II with his original footage restored, including Marlon Brando's scenes as Jor El?
Superman III is okay. I don't love it, but I don't hate it either. I've only seen IV once and don't remember much. There were probably parts of that movie I liked, but overall it really wasn't very good.

Yes, I've seen the Donner cut. I own both cuts of Superman II on DVD, along with 2 cuts of the first movie and then Superman III & IV. I got the 14 disc Ultimate Collector's Edition Superman DVD set when it was released. It also included Superman Returns, the cartoons from the '40s, a '50s TV movie starring George Reeves' Superman and tons of other bonus content.
Old 09-19-2020, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Superman III is okay. I don't love it, but I don't hate it either. I've only seen IV once and don't remember much. There were probably parts of that movie I liked, but overall it really wasn't very good.

Yes, I've seen the Donner cut. I own both cuts of Superman II on DVD, along with 2 cuts of the first movie and then Superman III & IV. I got the 14 disc Ultimate Collector's Edition Superman DVD set when it was released. It also included Superman Returns, the cartoons from the '40s, a '50s TV movie starring George Reeves' Superman and tons of other bonus content.
Awesome!

The Donner Cut makes me sad because we'll never know what Donner's version would've been like if he'd been allowed to finish and not been fired by the Salkinds for such a stupid reason.
Old 09-20-2020, 07:23 AM
Graphics Team

Guys can we please keep this discussion on topic Relating only to season 1 of this show.