Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2009, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Defectives [B♥C] #20: Because we are not giving up on our beloved CB!

Welcome to the 20th Blair and Chuck Thread!

Shippers.

01. revolution.
02. joypiter
03. crazycait714
04. shiftmyshape
05. James_is_my_baby23
06. Christy January
07. brucasalways
08. khirea
09. Beautiful Blur
10. Butterflygirl
11. AnEarlessWorld
12. chadsprincess1
13. xelanoops
14. jemx2
15. xxCrashIntoMexx
16. I'll Never Be Her
17. pecan
18. Caliina
19. Jidsy <3
20. Babss
21. SiriuslyPotter
22. cartiergurl101
23. Lovecat
24. Centerfinn
25. Sparkling_Diamond
26. TessShipper
27. B.Davis
28. Blair.
29. Undeniable
30. LALEY-FOREVER
31. coolzie
32. autumn_hope
33. Thaly
34. Nida
35. Antiquity
36. xlennie
37. useless
38. SweetP
39. pretty passion
40. .: DoDs:.
41. ordinaryday
42. dorkette
43. xelanoops
44. cutejanam
45. electricpeppers
46. only dreaming
47. natt!
48. -Sonia-
49. ~Phoenix~
50. -Beautiful Disaster-
51. forever young
52. SweetSymphony
53. xocourtneyxo
54. CappieTauLove
55. James_is_my_baby23
56. Lbonista
57. DiaMOoNDa
58. B.Scott
59. morplatt
60. Blair Waldorf
61. abw92
62. onetreehill1216
63. GilmoreChic
64. issa
65. katbadtz
66. hockeycanada87
67. ILoveOTH23
68. Lazy
69. lorenxvy
70. I_Love_JennaJameson
71. Live in Love ~
72. LoVe-Story
73. DiagonalZipper
74. Caridee
75. ktlnb5
76. starznangelz
77. ancientshadows
78. starryeyesxx
79. pattywack
80. Pauline<3
81. McHobbit
82. Emma_Mills
83. wag1000
84. jules166
85. *~Sophia~*
86. *brooke*
87. gizzie_fan
88. billie_holiday
89. othfreek4ever
90. Missml
91. SergeantPepper
92. Leyton_4ever
93. jhlover
94. othfreek4ever
95. sarah0293
96. Virginie_GW
97. Displaced
98. TheMusicLives
99. ThePrettySophia
100. *Lori89*
101. jessica3311
102. BrookeLynn
103. crashintoyou
104. Kelly_Dylan
105. Leyton_4ever
106. LostinKP
107. NateScottLover
108. brendadylan1984
109. Adie010
110. Ciiisu
111. cryzzel
112. kategirl
113. 4brathan&brucas
114. ElleGossip
115. njbrc
116. bilson xo
117. kylie2060
118. ashleymarie
119. blair4eva
120. sashanaa
121. Isabelle CS
122. gems81
123. watchingmewatchingyou
124. whataboutbob? (Molly)
125. Bekk
126. mystergal (Eve)
127. ilmcr24
128. SolveMyMystery
129. rrpdsks
130. Maybe Someday Love
131. XxNaleyxX
132. tv-fan189
133. natural_disaster
134. rummagingforanswers
135. Jenndeve
136. NBalways
137. theresadawn
138. Blair85
139. _xGemmax_
140. SnarkySarcastic
141. {Melody}
142. Pey_23

Honorary Shippers

01. Josh Schwartz
02. Leighton Meester
03. Ed Westwick

r e a s o n s
001. Because let's face it, they would be so hot!
002. Because she could be herself around him.
003. Because he'd totally tap that.
004. Because they've barely had any scenes
and we already love them.
005. Because these two are an obsession!
006. Because they're bringing sexy back!
007. Because together they're invincible.
008. Because they would rule the school.
009. Because we want to see that limo scene
again, but with only the two of them this time.
010. Because Nate would be so jealous.
011. Because they make scarves look sexy.
012. Because they look at each other and the world stops.
013. Because they could be just what each other need.
014. Because they would steam up our tv screens.
015. Because we know he wants his best friend's girl.
016. Because their sexiness cannot be denied.
017. Because they are so alike.
018. Because we love to watch them scheme.
019. Because forget canon, we love the unexpected romances.
020. Because he smiled at her, and it was genuine.
021. Because Chuck so wanted it to be just the two of them in his room.
022. Because they inspire such dirty thoughts for us shippers.
023. Because we wait anxiously for more scenes with this sexy pair.
024. Because we obsess over every single look.
025. Because they look so hot in white.
026. Because we bet Ed/Leighton secretly want Chuck/Blair
together just like we do.
027. Because he would treat her like a princess.
028. Because she'll find a way to pay him back later.
029. Because, have we mentioned their chemistry!?
030. Because there's potential.
031. Because he wouldn't needs clues to find her.

Icons

By Pauline <3

What makes CB stand out for you?
They are so different from most tv couples. I like that they aren't sweet and mushy around each other. I watch the episodes hoping for as much interaction between their characters as possible. ~ Caitlin

Victor Victrola was my first episode to watch so I never saw the previous episodes when they shared the small moments. After seeing the limo scene, I knew they were it. They were the couple that I will madly fall in love with. How did they make me completely drawn to them within minutes? Thats what made them stand out to me. It was the astonishing chemistry. ~ Lilly

I have never shipped a couple like them before. I usually go for the "sugar cookie" couple. But these two just hooked me individually and then together. Why wouldn't they be a couple. They are both sooo amazing! ~ Marie

First of all Chemistry. That's what I look for in a couple and they have tons of it. They are what shows would categorize as "bad characters" but they are so much more than just that. They are also so alike that they actually make sense. ~ Laura

..everything about them stand out..they both are soo evil to eachother but they only get eachother ..no one else on the show has that.. ~ Eli

Art.

By Pauline <3

by Jidsy <3

Why do you think they are so well suited?

They're so much alike. They both enjoy scheming, and they know each other so well. ~ Caitlin

Because they can be the schemers of the day and lovers of the night. They may be opposites on the outside but on the inside, they complete eachother. They understand each other more then anybody else around them. ~ Lilly

They understand each other. They can be honest and open and they see through each other. Blair can be more free physically and emotionally. She doesn't have to put on an act because Chuck could see through it. And Chuck Bass usually doesn't like it when girls talk, but he likes and listens when Blair does. I think she is the only girl that he has ever really cared about. ~ Marie

They understand each other like no other person does. They have a lot of history together and from what we've seen, they like to hang out together and push each other's buttons. ~ Laura

..because they both have this mentaly were there kinda the same..and it compliments eachother..soo well ~ Eli

By Sophie (starryeyesxx)

What is your fave CB Episode and why?

It would have to be Victor/Victrola. I already shipped CB before that episode, but it really solidified my love for them. ~ Caitlin

Victor, Victrola. Only because it was the first Gossip Girl episode I ever saw and I was grateful enough to be able to catch probably the hottest TV love scene I ever saw in my entire life. ~ Lilly

Oh god! I don't know! lol It is a tie between V,V and 17 Candles. I guess i will choose V,V because of that limo ride that changed me forever! I love V,V from beginning to end. The friendship in the beginning is beyond words adorable! You can tell he cares for her opinion and she is proud of him! And then the sexy stuff! The dance was just was sooo great! She felt relief and she felt free dancing for Chuck! And then the limo... The hottest love scene ever on TV. And we didn't even get to see that much! The music, the kisses, the looks, the everything! ~ Marie

I guess I would have to say Victor/Victrola where it all began. The episode established their history and showed that they trust each other. It was a beginning of a great storyline. ~ Laura

my favorite CB episode is a tie between 1.10 & 1.13..both are full of angst and CB own angst lol ~ Eli

by CappieTauLove

What is your fave CB scene and why?

The limo scene at the end of Victor/Victrola. What could be better? Chuck and Blair kissing in a limo with the song "With Me" in the background. It's perfection. ~ Caitlin

To me, I cant answer that question because when I see CB...even one tiny moment of them, they truly light up the whole show because of the energy they give off which always happen. ~ Lilly

The ending of 17 Candles...you can tell that it isn't just a "whatever" with them. Chuck saves her birthday inspite of her treating him like crap. He wants her to be happy and wants what is best for her...and those things do not involve Nate. when he says "he's sorry" he is. He genuinely is! and then he arranges the necklace and the shoulder kiss and she turns into him! ~ Marie

There are so many to choose from but I guess I would go with the limo scene. It might seem like a small thing to some people but having Chuck Bass ask "Are you sure?" was a really big deal. It showed that he respected her. Aside from that, the scene was beautifully filmed with a great song being used. ~ Laura

deffintley the end of 1.13..it gave me soo much hope for the future..the way chuck looked at her as she left..just broke my heart ~ Eli

Images

What do you think Leighton and Ed bring to the couple?

Leighton and Ed bring so many layers to Blair and Chuck. Blair could be the typical bitch if she was played by some average actress. Chuck wouldn't be the same if he wasn't played by Ed. Ed and Leighton have such amazing chemistry, they light up the screen. ~ Caitlin

They bring the physical and emotional qualities between the two characters. They banter in such a sexy way that they are always on equal terms because they both know what they want more then anything. Eachother. The physical...well we all know what the limo scene is. They define the limo scene.
~ Lilly

The chemistry! I think they both have a great understanding of their characters and they put themselves into their roles. And without them Chuck and Blair wouldn't be as wonderful. ~ Marie

Not only chemistry but talent as well. Chuck/Blair wouldn't work so well if Leighton and Ed wouldn't be playing them. They give their characters that extra something that makes them compelling to watch. ~ Laura

they bring all they have..i think 90% of why i lovee CB is because of ed/leighton..there just awesome actors.. ~ Eli

What others say about CB

What we love about Season Two:

*The sexual tension between Chuck and Blair is off the charts. We don't know how the actors do it, but Ed Westwick and Leighton Meester have managed to dial up the chemistry a notch -- and that's saying something after some of Season One's hot Chair scenes.

*Some of our favorite Chuck/Blair scenes this season? Chuck revealing why he skipped out on Tuscany: "I didn't want you to see." "See what?" "See me." Then there was the clothes-on seduction at Blair's party: "Where does he... put his hands?" And finally, the almost-getting-it-on bedroom scene where Blair refused to say those three little words... and then Chuck refused her. For now, at least.

The show's creators called Meester's Blair Waldorf and Westwick's Chuck Bass the king and queen at the center of the Gossip Girl chess game. In the twisted web of the Upper East Side soap opera, Meester and Westwick are so good at being bad that fans can't get enough. And while waiting to see what dirty plan they'll hatch next, you want for Blair and Chuck to get back together just to see their chemistry in action.

Sorry, S and Lonely Boy. Of all the Upper East Side entanglements, it's the unholy union of Chuck and Blair that's really got Gossip Girl on her Twittering toes. "They are true equals," says exec producer Stephanie Savage. "They're both master manipulators and snappy dressers." Savage credits the allure of the dysfunctional duo - a teen Taylor and Burton who barter for sexual favors and bicker over using the L-word - to the off-the-charts chemistry between Leighton Meester and Ed Westwick. "They bring so many layers to their performances that [we] want to go further with the writing to see what they can do." So far, they've done a lot (their limo hookup still has our rearview mirror fogged), but according to Savage, we ain't seen nothing yet. "Chuck and Blair's relationship is about to be tested more than ever...it goes to a pretty dark place." Oh, yeah, you know we love it!

Now our hearts break for... Blair and Chuck? It takes a special kind of show to illicit feelings for what are, ostensibly, two awful human beings. And yet Gossip Girl makes us want to friend them on Facebook.

l i n k s
blair and chuck [dot] com
blair and chuck @ livejournal
the o f f i c i a l fanlisting

p a s t
01. Because the 1x07 preview has us distracted from life
02. Because even without seeing him, she -feels- his presence
03."There's something in my stomach . . . fluttering."
04.Hanging by a moment here with you
05.Because They Rock The Text Sex
06.Because Angst Leads to Love!
07.Because they were each other's firsts.
08.Because Chuck's softer side is reserved only for Blair
09.Because they understand each other like no one else does
10.Making us believe in Butterflies since 2007
11.Because they don't say a word and we know how they feel
12.B/C our badboy has a heart & he gave it to her from the start
13.Because social destruction is their foreplay
14.Because he completes her
15.Because we know why Blair was still holding Chuck's hand!
16.Because they'll never be boring!
17.Because CB have been bringing the sex appeal to Gossip girl since 2007
18.We're still trying to comprehend the praise overload..because it was just THAT many!
19.Because they are the perfect TV teen couple of this generation

f u t u r e
01. Because they know how to have real fun!
02. Because she loves messing with him.
03. Because he lets her insult him.
04. Because we're all for the idea of them ravishing each other.
05. Because they're undeniable.
06. Because their eyesex says it all.
07. Because they do angst better then anyone.
08. Because nothing comes between us and our butterflies!
09. Because Chuck and Blair? YES!
10. Because with friends like Chuck and Blair who needs an army!
Old 02-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I present to u the CB archive, which will be found in the
LEIGHTONS Defective board. so ppl can find it and reference
<--- new news

CHUCK & BLAIR ARCHIVE (PART 1)

- Where you find the reviews, news, countdown, statistics of this lovely lovely couple.

PART 2 of the Archive

REVIEWS, HIGHLIGHTS

September 16
Quote:
This party, though, was the setting of what I am on record as saying is the most erotic scene in Gossip Girl history. I'm referring to Chuck and Blair's first interaction at her party. The way he brushed her neck. And kissed her cheek. And when he pleaded with her, "Have sex with me." I don't know about you all, but Tim here needed a fan. Or a cold shower. Those two just keep getting better in terms of their chemistry and relationship. You almost don't want them to become a couple because they're so good at sparring.
'Gossip Girl' recap: Going dark | Gossip Girl | 1 | TV Recaps | EW.com
2.10 Reviews

Quote:
Worst episode of Gossip Girl ever! We were promised Chuck beating down Dan and all we got was him reading a book. Never, never keep Blair and Chuck apart for an entire episode.

TV Review: Gossip Girl - "Bonfire of the Vanity"
2.11 Reviews

Quote:
Note for next week: Can we please have some Chuck and Blair?

TV Review: Gossip Girl - "The Magnificent Archibalds"
2.12 Reviews
Quote:
# "If Beta Bass is anything like the original, I have no doubt that sooner or later he'll disappoint me." How true was Blair when she said those words. Then again, Beta Blair would surely sooner or later back stab Chuck! As it was the case for the Betas, Chuck and Blair need to end up together. Until this happens, I'm willing to be entertained each week by their dancing around one another.

Gossip Girl: It's a Wonderful Lie - TV Squad
Quote:
not that any girl could replace her in Chuck's heart.

Blair and Chuck's plan also backfires, but hilariously! See, Blair found Chuck a faux-Blair, and Chuck found Blair a faux-Chuck. How close are they?

Smile and Fake It || Jaunted
Quote:
I’m not sure who wins in this situation, but Blair and Chuck’s dates are caught making out with one another in a dark corner. Blair can’t believe that their clones can work it out, but they can’t. Chuck says he doesn’t want to change the way things are between them, and they even dance at the end of the night. Those two are so meant to be!

'Gossip Girl' recap: Dan and Serena, work out your issues
Quote:
Chuck and Blair stubbornly refused to ask one another to the Ball, so they decided to find one another the perfect date. They wagered on their skills of knowing what they other wants--Chuck betting his limo and Blair betting my beloved Dorota (who's skills as a housekeeper reach into the realm of Facebook). Unsurprisingly, the two folks they picked out for each other ended up hooking up, and they were left to have a sweet slow dance together. Sparkle tux!

I Love To Watch - NY Daily News
What?! Boring Episode? SOLUTION: MORE CB
Quote:
All in all, it was hardly my favorite GG episode. It actually kinda bored me. Solution? More Chuck and Blair! More Chuck and Blair! (Chant with me TV Watchers!) More Chuck and Blair!

'Gossip Girl' recap: One enchanted evening | Gossip Girl | 2 | TV Recaps | EW.com
True love...CB

Quote:
But, Gossip Girl historians that you are, you point out the small details that make us believe in love: Like Blair wearing the necklace that Chuck bought her for her birthday. Awww.

Our ‘Gossip Girl’ Commenters Make Us Believe in Love -- Daily Intel -- New York News Blog -- New York Magazine

Quote:
Blair couldn’t worry too much about her mother’s impending nuptials when she was so distraught over how Chuck was behaving. This behavior was way harmful. She begged him to let her help. Blair wanted to be a part of Chuck’s life no matter what. But he didn’t understand. Why did Blair care so much? They weren’t boyfriend and girlfriend. And then Blair finally said those three words we’ve been patiently (or impatiently) waiting for: I love you. Blair loves Chuck! Love the sound of that. Too bad, Chuck didn’t care at all. Blair couldn’t stop him from destruction. Massive bummer.

Quote:
At the end of Cyrus and Eleanor’s wedding ceremony, Blair was interrupted. There was a surprise visitor in her bedroom. And who could it be? Why, it was a sobbing Chuck (seriously so devastating to see him like that). Blair comforted him and it was the sweetest thing ever. Looked like it was just what he needed. Unfortunately, when Blair woke up Chuck was gone and had left a note. The note said Blair deserved better than him. She shouldn’t look for him either. WHAT? Right when we thought maybe there’d be a Waldass reunion that happened. Ugh! Talk about disappointing!
CW SOURCE
More mentions of CB? WHY NOT?!

Quote:
You know who else loves Chuck? Blair! Not that everyone didn't already know that. But it took Bart's death to force Blair to finally, say those "three little words" to her blackhearted soul mate.

And then Chuck left her on the sidewalk! Heartbreaking, not cruel.

Excerpts from last week's Remote Access (The TV Blog) | lohud.com | The Journal News

<< Reviews from Jacob(TWoP) about CB mentions were too much to quote, so i'm just gonna insert this here so you KNOW he said tons about CB in his recaps. That is all OH! and to find His recaps go here--- TV Show Recaps & Reviews - TV Show Episode Recaps & Reviews | TWoP >>
---

COUNTDOWNS, POLLS, AWARDS
TV's Most (and Least) Stylish Characters of '08

Quote:
MOST STYLISH: 1. CHUCK BASS and BLAIR WALDORF, Gossip Girl (The CW)
Their love-hate romance has become nearly epic over the past year — and their fashions are just as grand. The dapper look from Ed Westwick's Chuck — all bow ties, smoking jackets, and pocket hankies — is reminiscent of a bygone era in New York City, when men dressed with class...and panache. And Blair (Leighton Meester), well, she just always looks killer — be it in a lacy and too-too ruffled collar or barely-there cocktail dress — and that suits her catty attitude perfectly.

Gossip Girl, Ed Westwick, ... | TV's Most (and Least) Stylish Characters of '08 | The Best & Worst of 2008 | Photos | EW.com
This Week's Top TV Moments (from TV Guide)

Quote:
6. Best Backfire: Gossip Girl's Chuck and Blair make a bet to pick the perfect date for each other for the Snowflake Ball. If Chuck wins, he gets Derota (Blair's maid) for a month, and if Blair wins, she gets Chuck's limo for a month. Of course, neither wins. Instead, their doppelganger dates end up sucking face with each other. Watch it here with our Online Video Guide.

Britney Spears, Fringe, Heroes and More Top TV Moments - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com
Blair and Chuck are two of Yahoo Tv's "TV Characters you love to hate":

Quote:
. Chuck and Blair are entertaining because they're always at the center of the twisted plots on "Gossip Girl" (whether or not it's of they're own making) and they tend to blurt out what everyone else wishes they could say aloud. Even though Chuck and Blair agreed to not become a couple (and we completely understand), we're secretly rooting for them to at least hook up… again.

Slide Show Photos - Yahoo! TV

Top 10 Television show... why GG is NO.1.... You guessed it

Quote:
#1: Gossip Girl
. Now our hearts break for... Blair and Chuck? It takes a special kind of show to illicit feelings for what are, ostensibly, two awful human beings. And yet Gossip Girl makes us want to friend them on Facebook. You can call Gossip Girl a derivative teen soap, Dynasty, Jr., or even a sign of the coming apocalypse. We'll just call it the best show of the year.
OMFG: The Top Ten Television Shows of 2008 | The New York Observer
NO.1? AGAIN?!
Hottest Romantic Tension on TV in '08

Quote:
Honestly, it wasn't even close. Mr. Chuck Bass and the Upper East Side's Queen B are clearly tops when it comes to heating up your screen with their particular love-hate relationship. They ended up with more than half the vote, blowing all the other competitors out of the water. The only people who could even come close were House and Cuddy of House, who ranked second, and Cristina and Owen of Grey's Anatomy, just behind them in third.

The Votes Are In: Best Television Relationships of 2008 | Best of 2008, Sugar Awards 2008, TV | BuzzSugar - Movies, TV, Music.
WHAT? TOP 12 CHARACTERS of 2008? You're too kind!

Quote:
6. Blair Waldorf & Chuck Bass (Leighton Meester, Ed Westwick) -- "Gossip Girl"

I could mostly take or leave "Gossip Girl," but there's one thing (actually two) that has really elevated the show and that's Blair and Chuck. Yes, they're conniving, snobby and opportunistic, but they're not just a cardboard mean girl and guy. They've shown they can also be vulnerable, caring and loyal. But when they're bad, they're very good. Leighton Meester and Ed Westick also have some of the best chemistry on the small screen and their tug-of-war relationship gives "Gossip Girl" some real life.

Top 12 TV characters of 2008 -- misers, gangsters, killers, cops - Entertaining Ideas
25 Sexiest TV Shows on DVD..... CHUCK/BLAIR LIMO

The Hot List: 30 reasons to love TV.... CB OF COURSE!

Quote:
Sorry, S and Lonely Boy. Of all the Upper East Side entanglements, it's the unholy union of Chuck and Blair that's really got Gossip Girl on her Twittering toes. "They are true equals," says exec producer Stephanie Savage. "They're both master manipulators and snappy dressers." Savage credits the allure of the dysfunctional duo - a teen Taylor and Burton who barter for sexual favors and bicker over using the L-word - to the off-the-charts chemistry between Leighton Meester and Ed Westwick. "They bring so many layers to their performances that [we] want to go further with the writing to see what they can do." So far, they've done a lot (their limo hookup still has our rearview mirror fogged), but according to Savage, we ain't seen nothing yet. "Chuck and Blair's relationship is about to be tested more than ever...it goes to a pretty dark place." Oh, yeah, you know we love it!

TV Guide.

Scene Stealers: The TV Stars We Had to Watch

Quote:
The show's creators called Meester's Blair Waldorf and Westwick's Chuck Bass the king and queen at the center of the Gossip Girl chess game. In the twisted web of the Upper East Side soap opera, Meester and Westwick are so good at being bad that fans can't get enough. And while waiting to see what dirty plan they'll hatch next, you want for Blair and Chuck to get back together just to see their chemistry in action

Scene Stealers: The TV Stars We Had to Watch - LEIGHTON MEESTER & ED WESTWICK ON GOSSIP GIRL - Ed Westwick, Leighton Meester : People.com
TOP 10 The Peoples TV COUPLE. WHATS THAT?! No.2 is CB?! Why aren't we surprised?

Quote:
2. Chuck and Blair from Gossip Girl

Chuck and Blair are, simply put, perfect for each other. Chuck gets Blair, and Blair gets Chuck. They may fight and scheme and make ridiculous bets involving limos and human beings, but at the end of the day they love each other. They're both so used to protecting themselves first and foremost, but when Chuck's father passed and he needed her, Blair opened up and made herself vulnerable. She told Chuck she loved him. And while Chuck is far to screwed up with grief and alcohol to reciprocate she'll continue to be there for him. And when it's Blair's turn for a crises, you know Chuck will be there for her.

People's 10 - Top 10 TV Couples - 1. Sawyer and Kate from Lost
What? CB made it on 200b TVgals List too?!
Quote:
Favorite Couple that should probably never get together: Chuck (Ed Westwick) and Blair on Gossip Girl

Favorites of 2008 - TV Gal - Zap2it
HAhAHAHAHHA CB's LOVE IS THE CORNERSTONE OF THE SECOND SEASON!WORD! Dishsalt: TOP 10 tv shows 2008

Quote:
Dish Of Salt: Top 10 TV Shows Of 2008

#5 – “Gossip Girl” - Three words. Chuck and Blair. Their love/hate relationship was the cornerstone of the show’s second season. Their lightning bolt chemistry is by far the best thing on television in decades.

Dish Of Salt: Top 10 TV Shows Of 2008 | NBC Bay Area
---

NEWS Of AWESONESS and EPICNESS

Core Couple of Gossip Girl
Quote:
"Chuck and Blair aren't just the Gossip Girl couple of the moment. They are the core Gossip Girl couple of the series. So you definitely will see much, much more of them in the days to come. The dance has just begun."

Gossip Girl: Will Chuck Bass Die? - E! Online (has some spoilers)
People tune in for Chuck... the other half of CB

Quote:
-Uh-oh. Penn Badgley is dissing his Gossip Girl role (and doing naughty things with tennis balls). Get over yourself, Penn. We're only tuning in for Chuck anyway.

Scandal Sheet: George Clooney takes a stand - Shinan
Why we really watch GG

Quote:
Chuck ends up being the most grown up, morally sound and richly complex character on the show. And while countless she-tears were surely shed over the frustrating on again off again stop/startings of the (admittedly involving) Dan and Serena love shenanigans, our money was, and remains, on the scintillatingly über-hot courtship, coupling and pairing of Chuck and Blair. Those episodes of their electric exchanges are priceless.

Gossip Girl : clusterflock
GG went SOOO right because of CB
Quote:
Now that we're in the holiday TV hiatus time, it’s a perfect time to reflect back on the season so far. Some shows have gone oh so right – the push and pull between Blair and Chuck on “Gossip Girl,”

'Grey's' needs a reboot - Test Pattern - msnbc.com
HOT news?
Quote:
Clearly, everything I write about Gossip Girl every week could easily be about the extreme hotness of Blair (Leighton Meester) and Chuck (Ed Westwick), since they and their twisted relationship are by far the best parts of the show. That scene at Blair's party when Chuck asks her about her (nonexistent) sex life with Lord Marcus? H-O-T!
Intergenerational Coupling on 'Gossip Girl'

They're Equals, Stephanie said so
Quote:
His romance with Blair will be the big draw when the show returns, according to executive producer Stephanie Savage. (A photo of Chuck offering up a dripping piece of cherry pie — and the texty tagline “ready4more” — covered the preview screeners sent to the press this month.) By the end of last season, it was difficult not to root for the caustic relationship between him and Blair, whom he earlier discarded and compared to one of his father's Arabian horses: “Rode hard and put away wet.”

How did this happen? Is this Luke and Laura 2.0? So wrong, yet so right?

“He hasn't victimized Blair. That sort of Stockholm syndrome isn't in operation here,” Savage said. “I think of Chuck and Blair as equals. It's much more Glenn Close and John Malkovich in 'Dangerous Liaisons.'”

‘Gossip Girl's' Chuck is the boy you love to hate | Show Tracker | Los Angeles Times
Chuck even got analyzed about his love for Blair! did anyone else get that?!

Quote:
Nate and Blair finally ended their relationship giving Chuck a chance to pursue his love. But considering their wild nature, an ordinary relationship just won’t do for both of them. Hence, Blair and Chuck began playing mind games on each other leaving their hearts confused about the real status of their relationship. The fact that both of them like the game made things more complex. They found themselves being in the arms of another as a way of proving who’ll win the game that only the two of them could play. Soon after, a cat-and-mouse chase of being the first to say I-love-you took hold of the two. In between the chase, Chuck found himself paralyzed by his feelings for Blair. He knew it---Blair is the only woman he could ever love and give himself to again. The bad boy fell in love with the only woman he might never have.

MELODIKA.net - Psychoanalyzing the Gossip Girl Cast of Characters: Knowing Chuck Bass
CB STEALS THE SHOW!

Quote:
They steal the show

http://gawker.com/392012/chuck-and-blair-steal-the-show"]
From the CW Source's best and worst of this season of GG:

Quote:
What we love about Season Two:

*The sexual tension between Chuck and Blair is off the charts. We don't know how the actors do it, but Ed Westwick and Leighton Meester have managed to dial up the chemistry a notch -- and that's saying something after some of Season One's hot Chair scenes.

*Some of our favorite Chuck/Blair scenes this season? Chuck revealing why he skipped out on Tuscany: "I didn't want you to see." "See what?" "See me." Then there was the clothes-on seduction at Blair's party: "Where does he... put his hands?" And finally, the almost-getting-it-on bedroom scene where Blair refused to say those three little words... and then Chuck refused her. For now, at least.
Everyone else is a PAWN while CB is the King and &Queen... YES from the creators lovely mouths

Quote:
In an interview with the New York Post the co-creators likened their soap to “a chess game,” where “Chuck and Blair are the king and queen. Everyone else, except Serena, is a pawn.”

'GIRL' GONE WILD - New York Post
From EW's Best & Worst of 2008... CB mentioned?! You shouldn't have

Quote:
We feel it too, their chemistry

http://img163.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_854lo.jpg

And they're cartoons too!

http://i41.tinypic.com/talfk8.jpg
CB needs to keep on being awesome, cause....many dont give a crap about other characters.. ONLY CB!!

Quote:
Chuck and Blair need to keep on being awesome. Gossip Girl, a show that I thought was only okay last year, has quickly become one of my favorite things to watch. I don't give a crap about most of the characters, but the deliciously evil Chuck and Blair keep me coming back every week. Don't ruin this for me.

All Kona wants for Festivus - TV Squad
Chuck should've gotten an award! So for haters who said he cant act. HAH

Quote:
Ed Westwick - Sure "Gossip Girl" is pure teenage soapiness but Chuck Bass is the most deliciously seductive, evil, engaging character on television right now. Plus, he's a Brit. C'mon HFPA!!! -- He should have been on your radar for sure!

Golden Globe Noms: I'm 'Lost' But Not 'Mad' - Access Hollywood
Blair and Chuck take the Cake!
Quote:
But Blair and Chuck take the cake. The constant games, plotting and teasing each other… only at the end of each episode realizing they can’t ever really be together because the “game” is what they crave.

Boston Millennial Relationships Examiner: Hi my name is Stephanie and I am addicted to Gossip Girl
------

STATISTICS
NO harm done for this one, its just to compare stats and see numbers is all. If anyone has any other numbers to put in or another couple to compare numbers with do PM and post to me

Quote:
Youtube

Chuck/Blair - 33,800 Previously 31,000
Dan/Serena - 3,920
Nate and Blair: 4,350
Nate and Serena: 3,210
Nate and Jenny: 2,450
Nate and Vanessa: 964
Quote:
Google

"Chuck and Blair" - 142.000 / "Blair and Chuck" - 56.900 = 198,900

"Dan and Serena" - 71.600/ "Serena and Dan" - 57.700 = 129, 300
Quote:
Live Journal

3 words. 8 letters. // blair&chuck - Members (2447)

Dan and Serena - Members (371)

serena & dan fans - Members (428)

371 + 428 = 799
Quote:
Facebook

Chuck Bass - 84235
Chuck Bass | Facebook

Blair Waldorf- 44828
The Queen B : Blair Waldorf [Gossip Girl] | Facebook

Serena and dan : 5.811
Dan Humphrey and Serena Van der Woodsen | Facebook

serena : 22.882
Serena Van Der woodsen | Facebook

Nate 16.825
Nate Archibald | Facebook Natiepoo 16.825
Quote:
Poll

CW lounge - Most popular couple

Chuck/Blair - 60.10%
Dan/Serena - 23,56%

The MOST popular couple on Gossip Girl - The CW Lounge - Message Boards
Quote:
Fanfiction
Home » TV Shows » Gossip Girl stories

English

Chuck/Blair - 18 of 34 pages

FanFiction.Net

Dan/Sena - 1 of 34 pages

FanFiction.Net
Community: Scotch and Diamonds: A Chuck and Blair Archive
Archive: 32 - Subscribers: 56

http://www.fanfiction.net/community/...Archive/56057/

51 of 97 fanfics " Rated M" = CB
FanFiction.Net

9 of 97 fanfics "Rated M" = DS

FanFiction.Net
-Statisics thanks to Jane_asher,Eve

--------

HONESTLY, theyre's TONS more of reviews and Recaps But I can't find them and i hope what i Have up there i hope will suffice. I will keep adding new ones though. if anyone has old ones thats not in there please PM me! I need to add more into the archieve so people can find CB stuff easily!!! <3

This is for the CB archive

Compiled by Cher
Old 02-07-2009, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I present to u the CB archive, which will be found in the
LEIGHTONS Defective board. so ppl can find it and reference
<--- new news

CHUCK & BLAIR ARCHIVE (Part 2)
--Because we had too much overload of praises we had to make a part 2
- Where you find the reviews, news, countdown, statistics of this lovely lovely couple.

PART 1 WITH Statistics

CHUCK& BLAIR ARE NO.1 IN POTRAIT MAGAZINE 2009 BEST COUPLE
Quote:
1. Blair & Chuck [Gossip Girl] (3707) 22%

Competition was fierce but in the end, Blair and Chuck conquered all to take out our coveted #1 position, leaping up from their #5 debut last year. And really is it any surprise that these two are #1? Gossip Girl is the latest IT thing so is this duo. They began as confidantes and scheming partners. She was dating his best friend and they ran in the same social circles. Yet somewhere along the sniping and bantering, the feisty pair realised that there was something there between them. He tried to fight his feelings, while she pretended that she didn’t care. But in the end you just can’t fight passion, chemistry, and of course love. They might not be together right now, but everyone know that these guys are endgame and the chase and bickering is all part of the game. Besides they are Chuck and Blair – they can do what they like.

REVIEWS, HIGHLIGHTS
2.14 Reviews

Quote:
"Best Scene: The rooftop, hands down. Ed Westwick continues to impress us with his dark and depressed Chuck, and Blair's appeal to him to come down off the ledge was heartfelt and tragic at the same time. She also managed to school Jack on How To Deal With Ledge Jumpers 101. When Chuck apologized, I won't lie--I teared up a bit."

'Gossip Girl' Aftergasm: Secrets, Secrets Are No Fun...
Quote:
He screams that he's Chuck Bass, and then realizes that nobody cares. Blair, once again, forcefully reminds him that she cares, and reaches her little hand out to him. He climbs down from the ledge and buries his face in her shoulder. He tells her he's sorry, but he means that he loves her.

'Gossip Girl': He's Chuck Bass, and Nobody Cares - It Happened Last Night - Zap2it
Quote:
"Of course the big deal in this episode is Chuck and Blair."

"In any case, they badmouthed Chuck, so Blair decided she couldn’t roll with them."

"Blair manages to take a gentler tack, telling him once again that she’ll always be here for him. Chuck finally agrees to come down from the ledge, where he collapses in Blair’s arms and tells her he’s sorry. It’s a sweet scene(...)"

TV Recap: Gossip Girl - In The Realm Of Basses
MORE 2.14 love

Quote:
Blair's concern for Chuck was evident throughout the episode, and as she explained to Serena, she could see in Chuck's eyes how lost he was (as we all could — again, another fine performance by Ed Westwick). Blair kept taking Chuck's bad attitude and verbal abuse, up until the moment he threw her declaration of love back in her face. At that point, she had enough. She started to break down in front of a mirror (Leighton Meester doing some great acting here too), but instead composed herself and resigned to move on, without him.

Quote:
Blair arrived at Victrola in time to talk Chuck off the roof. He was actually on the roof (a place he's fond of being, as only Blair knows), already wasted and still drinking as he walked unsteadily along the ledge, lamenting how his father didn't want him and how, "I'm Chuck Bass!...No one cares." It was his party, and not a sole besides Blair realized he wasn't around. Uncle Jack (who was partying with the high-school kids) didn't really notice until Blair asked him where Chuck was. And as much as Chuck hurt her, Blair once again put her heart on the line and told him that she cared, and she'd always be there for him, no matter what. She asked not to hurt himself, because if he did, he would be hurting her. And it worked. She put her hand out for him, and he took it, and apologized. A powerful scene, making me wish it lasted longer.

Gossip Girl Episode Recap: "In the Realm of the Basses" - TV Show Recaps | TVGuide.com

Everyone is upset over NO CB in 2.16

Quote:
There was no Chuck/Blair interaction at all. This hurts me, they can’t just leave us hanging like that! They’re one of the main reasons I watch this show, and this does not look good for their future.

Gossip Girl: “You’ve Got Yale” » North by Northwestern
Quote:
There's this depressing but beautifully shot Cinderella reversal where Chuck's standing at the bar drinking champagne as Blair runs across the back of the frame, trailing dress behind her, into another story entirely, and he never notices,

Gossip Girl TV Show - Gossip Girl Recaps, Gossip Girl Reviews & Gossip Girl Episodes | TWoP
-----

COUNTDOWNS, POLLS, AWARDS

Yahoo! TV gave the Blair telling she loves Chuck scene a honorable mention in their Biggest TV moments of 2008
Quote:
The 2008 television run would not have been the same without these six other great moments that almost made it into our year-end list...nd Blair finally telling Chuck she loves him on "Gossip Girl."

Slide Show Photos - Yahoo! TV

CB MADE it on EVERY LIST including Top 20 TV moments of the -YEAR- did anyone else?

Quote:
Top 20 TV Moments Of The Year

15. Blair Says Those 3 Little Words on Gossip Girl

As entertaining as the cat and mouse game between Chuck and Blair is on Gossip Girl, everything that led up to Blair finally uttering those long-awaited 3 words exceeded expectations. The happiness and relief at hearing her utter those words was brief however, and coated with sadness, anger and despair. There’s no other way to do things on Gossip Girl, and we loved it.

Top 20 TV Moments of The Year | Press Play

Pop Wrap's 10 Pop Culture Thank You's Thank you, Chuck and Blair FOR SAVING THE SHOW!

Quote:
for single-handedly saving "Gossip Girl" from a season two slump. While the creators seem to think the audience is the most invested in the Humphrey family and their romantic liasions, I am obsessed with anything either of these two characters do.

Whether they're sexily sparring with one another or sharing the screen with assorted others (preferably Dorota), Leighton Meester and Ed Westwick bring unexpected depth and humor to characters that could have easily been one-dimensional brats.

POPWRAP | Gossip | Entertainment | News
Gossip Girl is no.3 on Grinders Best 10 US tv shows. and guess who's mentioned
Quote:
Some shows succeed because they dare you to look at the worst of human nature and recognise the capacity for evil lurks within each one of us. And then there's Gossip Girl. The CW's teen soap features some of the most unapologetically shallow characters ever to strut their Marc Jacobs-clad stuff across a TV screen and then asks you to cheer for them. The genius of the show is that you do. Gossip Girl really hit its stride in its second season, ramping up the melodrama and catfights to Dynasty levels while keeping the sharp, knowing one-liners flowing. Best of all, in perfectionist Queen Bee Blair Waldorf (Leighton Meester) and her never-less-than-louche beau Chuck Bass (Ed Westwick) it gave us a Scarlett and Rhett for the text generation.

Organ Grinder: The 10 Best US TV shows of 2008 | Media | guardian.co.uk
CB yet again made it to TV guides top moment list ~ 2.14
Quote:
12. Harshest Embrace: "I'm Chuck Bass!" yells the Gossip Girl bad boy, as he thinks about jumping from a ledge. "And no one cares." No one, that is, except Blair, who coaxes him into her arms. But what other Bass have they held? Chuck's uncle (who we childishly call Jack Ass, because it rhymes with "Bass,") later reminds Blair that Chuck must never learn what happened between them. X-O X-Eww! Watch full episodes of Gossip Girl on our Online Video Guide.

Patrick Swayze Bachelor 30 Rock - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com
CB is in the TV's top five first kisses, Chuck and Blair OBVIOUSLY got a SPOT!

Quote:
5 Chuck and Blair -
"Gossip Girl" - Blair breaks up with her boyfriend, Nate, and immediately flees to Chuck's burlesque club (yes, they're 15 years old, get over it). Blair, a bit tipsy, declares to Chuck that "she's got moves." He calls her bluff and she begins one of the sexiest stripteases the Upper East Side has ever seen. The womanizing Chuck then falls head over heels for Blair, his best friend's girl. Back in Chuck's limo, the down-to-her-slip Blair kisses Chuck and promptly sheds her coveted virginity. Now that's what we call an OMG moment.

PopRocks! Presents: TV's top five first kisses - Culture
----

NEWS Of AWESONESS and EPICNESS

CB is what everyone wants on their wishlist!
Quote:
We've made a Christmas wish list for our favorite characters. Here's what we're plotting for a few good (and not so good) girls and boys.

Blair and Chuck get together. Not as a traditional couple (after all, he's Chuck and she's Blair), but as a dynamic duo of another sort. We'd like to see them team up to take on the current economic disaster. They could whip Ben Bernanke into shape and fool around on the floor of the Federal Reserve in the process.

Blair and Chuck Get It On: Christmas Wishes - television 2009 - gossip girl - the office : LimeLife
More news about CB making the show addictive! lmao

Quote:
The Riches: Gossip Girl was just an Upper East Side OC until the original leads — ex–party girl Serena, judgmental hipster offspring Dan and pretty-boy Nate — made room for supposed sidekicks Chuck Bass and Blair Waldorf. Credit the oozing charisma and fearless fashion of actors Ed Westwick and Leighton Meester, but the pair’s love/hate relationship, möbius strip schemes and insta-icon status have turned what should’ve been a teen-pander disaster (see: 90210 2.0) into 2008’s most consistently satisfying cult series. (But will someone please send Vanessa the bland barista and Aaron the icky artist into exile already.)

Farewell, auld anxiety - EYE WEEKLY
TV Gal's favorite quotes of 2008

Quote:
"Don’t you see we’re the same. Stop trying to fight it." Chuck to Blair on Gossip Girl.

Can you say that again . . . Favorite Quotes of 2008 - TV Gal - Zap2it
What? They're ALSO the shows most fascinating Characters? Hell yeah they are!

Quote:
And the most fascinating characters on the show, of course, are Chuck and Blair.

Ed Westwick Photos & Pics | Who's The Real Chuck Bass?

Who cares about anything else? We're only waiting for CB... DUH!
Quote:
Least interesting root-for couple: Sure, we're supposed to be anxiously awaiting the reunion of GOSSIP GIRL's Serena and Dan, but, um, yeah; we're not. Every other couple on the show, Jenny and Nate, Rufus and Lily, heck, even Cyrus and Eleanor rank higher on the list. And then, of course, there's the devilishly delightful Chuck and Blair, who are their generation's Sam and Diane.

Our 2008 TV Year in Review (Part IV) From "theTVaddict on DVRplayground", A Blog by theTVaddict.com: DVRplayground
CB are the PERFECT Tv teen couple of this generation!
Quote:
Someone give that girl an Emmy! She's proved to be a master of the stifled cry, and although her love for Chuck is strong and genuine, it's by no means simple. Blair is just as tortured and dysfunctional as he is, which makes them the perfect TV teen couple of this generation.

'Gossip Girl': All Chucked up | Show Tracker | Los Angeles Times
Chuck and Blair are again the greatest thing on the show
Quote:
Gossip Girl is the zestiest kind of high-trash delight and it helps that some fraction of the main characters, in particular Blair and Chuck, are not only no better than they should be, but at any given moment, scheming to bring pain and humiliation on someone else.

Precocious teens exposed - TV & Radio - Entertainment - watoday.com.au
MORE about how Ed and Leighton are the stars of the show as much as CB!
Quote:
Everyone knows that Ed Westwick and Leighton Meester are the stars of the show as Chuck and Blair. Their amazing chemistry transcends any of the corny lines or awkward story lines and creates something truly electric. I am afraid of the fact that they seem to be heading down the Ross and Rachel path however, with last week's episode portraying another Chuck screw up and a crushed Blair subsequently turning down his make-up bouquet of flowers

BC Tube - The Scene
Josh KNOWS what works for people... and its CB!!

Quote:
"We get that that [relationship] works for people," Schwartz said with a laugh.

'Gossip Girl' contemplates a Los Angeles spinoff | The Watcher
MORE cartoons about CB, and how they ARE THE SHOW s

Quote:
Chuck and Blair Article in the March Issue of Blender - Bitchfest at Tiffany's

Source: My magazine...I scanned it -Naturelabella
CHUCK AND BLAIR TANDEM IS A HUGE HIT, as huge as their chemistry! =KICKASS Couple
Quote:
A recent cursory reading of the comments from Gossip Girl fans made me realize that the Chuck and Blair tandem is a pretty huge hit. It is understandable, the chemistry between these two is hotter as heck. Both are shrewd and cunning and borderline evil. On the other hand, from time to time, we see glimpses of goodness from these two demonized characters. [...] It takes someone as domineering and perhaps overbearing as Chuck to tame Blair. And we all know Blair needs all the taming in the world.

Full article has in it Gossip Girl: Couples Schmouples
Can the futur be NOW for CB to get together? Couples that SHOULD be together, but arent
Quote:
Chuck and Blair - Gossip Girl

They're Chuck (Ed Westwick) and Blair (Leighton Meester). Blair and Chuck. The most devious, screwed up pair of romantics on the Upper East Side. She is the Queen B, a masterful manipulator with the heart of a lonely insecure little girl. He is a decadent womanizer endlessly searching for his cold daddy's approval and never getting it. It was pretty shocking when this pair hooked up for the first time, especially considering she broke up with his best friend Nate only a few hours earlier, but they took over "Gossip Girl" ever since. No one can stop watching this not-really-a-couple try to one up each other as proof of their twisted love, and it sadly has come to an end...for now. Chuck promised that they were inevitable, and that someday in the future maybe they could be the real thing. Can that future be now, please?

Best TV Couples That Aren't Together - But Should Be - Starpulse Entertainment News Blog
-------

HONESTLY, theyre's TONS more of reviews and Recaps But I can't find them and i hope what i Have up there i hope will suffice. Since we have a part 2 it kinda explains we have too much! I will keep adding new ones though. if anyone has old ones thats not in there please PM me! I need to add more into the archieve so people can find CB stuff easily!!! <3

This is for the CB archive

Compiled by Cher, added by the CB fans

*UPDATED AS of FEBRUARY 13th 2009

Last edited by lost in you; 02-13-2009 at 03:06 PM
Old 02-07-2009, 06:36 PM
Master Fan

Tftnt!
20 threads!
Old 02-07-2009, 07:10 PM
Supreme Fan

Tftnt

ETA: Not sure if this has been posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturellebella (View Post)
Chuck and Blair Article in the March Issue of Blender - Bitchfest at Tiffany's

Source: My magazine...I scanned it

Last edited by Ciiisu; 02-07-2009 at 11:09 PM
Old 02-08-2009, 03:41 AM
Elite Fan

Tftnt!
Old 02-08-2009, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for that Amy!
Old 02-08-2009, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting Yay for thread #20!

Thanks for the scans

Laura|
Old 02-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Elite Fan

I love the title- so true!

Thanks for the article. I love how they said Blair and Chuck were the show, very spot on for me.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It was a great article.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Great for them to get some magazine attention.

Do any of you recognize those music videos that they listed?

Laura|
Old 02-09-2009, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:54 PM
Supreme Fan

I only recognized Stripped Its amazing
Old 02-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think I need to watch them since they recommended them.

Laura|
Old 02-09-2009, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Me too.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread