Old 12-23-2008, 07:51 PM
cryzzel
Master Fan

I present to u the CB archive, which will be found in the
LEIGHTONS Defective board. so ppl can find it and reference
<--- new news

CHUCK & BLAIR ARCHIVE (Part 2)

--Because we had too much overload of praises we had to make a part 2
- Where you find the reviews, news, countdown, statistics of this lovely lovely couple.

Part 1 with Statistics is here

REVIEWS, HIGHLIGHTS
2.14 Reviews

Quote:
"Best Scene: The rooftop, hands down. Ed Westwick continues to impress us with his dark and depressed Chuck, and Blair's appeal to him to come down off the ledge was heartfelt and tragic at the same time. She also managed to school Jack on How To Deal With Ledge Jumpers 101. When Chuck apologized, I won't lie--I teared up a bit."

'Gossip Girl' Aftergasm: Secrets, Secrets Are No Fun...
Quote:
He screams that he's Chuck Bass, and then realizes that nobody cares. Blair, once again, forcefully reminds him that she cares, and reaches her little hand out to him. He climbs down from the ledge and buries his face in her shoulder. He tells her he's sorry, but he means that he loves her.

'Gossip Girl': He's Chuck Bass, and Nobody Cares - It Happened Last Night - Zap2it
Quote:
"Of course the big deal in this episode is Chuck and Blair."

"In any case, they badmouthed Chuck, so Blair decided she couldn’t roll with them."

"Blair manages to take a gentler tack, telling him once again that she’ll always be here for him. Chuck finally agrees to come down from the ledge, where he collapses in Blair’s arms and tells her he’s sorry. It’s a sweet scene(...)"

TV Recap: Gossip Girl - In The Realm Of Basses
MORE 2.14 love

Quote:
Blair's concern for Chuck was evident throughout the episode, and as she explained to Serena, she could see in Chuck's eyes how lost he was (as we all could — again, another fine performance by Ed Westwick). Blair kept taking Chuck's bad attitude and verbal abuse, up until the moment he threw her declaration of love back in her face. At that point, she had enough. She started to break down in front of a mirror (Leighton Meester doing some great acting here too), but instead composed herself and resigned to move on, without him.

Quote:
Blair arrived at Victrola in time to talk Chuck off the roof. He was actually on the roof (a place he's fond of being, as only Blair knows), already wasted and still drinking as he walked unsteadily along the ledge, lamenting how his father didn't want him and how, "I'm Chuck Bass!...No one cares." It was his party, and not a sole besides Blair realized he wasn't around. Uncle Jack (who was partying with the high-school kids) didn't really notice until Blair asked him where Chuck was. And as much as Chuck hurt her, Blair once again put her heart on the line and told him that she cared, and she'd always be there for him, no matter what. She asked not to hurt himself, because if he did, he would be hurting her. And it worked. She put her hand out for him, and he took it, and apologized. A powerful scene, making me wish it lasted longer.

Gossip Girl Episode Recap: "In the Realm of the Basses" - TV Show Recaps | TVGuide.com
-----

COUNTDOWNS, POLLS, AWARDS

Yahoo! TV gave the Blair telling she loves Chuck scene a honorable mention in their Biggest TV moments of 2008
Quote:
The 2008 television run would not have been the same without these six other great moments that almost made it into our year-end list...nd Blair finally telling Chuck she loves him on "Gossip Girl."

Slide Show Photos - Yahoo! TV

CB MADE it on EVERY LIST including Top 20 TV moments of the -YEAR- did anyone else?

Quote:
Top 20 TV Moments Of The Year

15. Blair Says Those 3 Little Words on Gossip Girl

As entertaining as the cat and mouse game between Chuck and Blair is on Gossip Girl, everything that led up to Blair finally uttering those long-awaited 3 words exceeded expectations. The happiness and relief at hearing her utter those words was brief however, and coated with sadness, anger and despair. There’s no other way to do things on Gossip Girl, and we loved it.

Top 20 TV Moments of The Year | Press Play

Pop Wrap's 10 Pop Culture Thank You's Thank you, Chuck and Blair FOR SAVING THE SHOW!

Quote:
for single-handedly saving "Gossip Girl" from a season two slump. While the creators seem to think the audience is the most invested in the Humphrey family and their romantic liasions, I am obsessed with anything either of these two characters do.

Whether they're sexily sparring with one another or sharing the screen with assorted others (preferably Dorota), Leighton Meester and Ed Westwick bring unexpected depth and humor to characters that could have easily been one-dimensional brats.

POPWRAP | Gossip | Entertainment | News
Gossip Girl is no.3 on Grinders Best 10 US tv shows. and guess who's mentioned
Quote:
Some shows succeed because they dare you to look at the worst of human nature and recognise the capacity for evil lurks within each one of us. And then there's Gossip Girl. The CW's teen soap features some of the most unapologetically shallow characters ever to strut their Marc Jacobs-clad stuff across a TV screen and then asks you to cheer for them. The genius of the show is that you do. Gossip Girl really hit its stride in its second season, ramping up the melodrama and catfights to Dynasty levels while keeping the sharp, knowing one-liners flowing. Best of all, in perfectionist Queen Bee Blair Waldorf (Leighton Meester) and her never-less-than-louche beau Chuck Bass (Ed Westwick) it gave us a Scarlett and Rhett for the text generation.

Organ Grinder: The 10 Best US TV shows of 2008 | Media | guardian.co.uk
CB yet again made it to TV guides top moment list ~ 2.14
Quote:
12. Harshest Embrace: "I'm Chuck Bass!" yells the Gossip Girl bad boy, as he thinks about jumping from a ledge. "And no one cares." No one, that is, except Blair, who coaxes him into her arms. But what other Bass have they held? Chuck's uncle (who we childishly call Jack Ass, because it rhymes with "Bass,") later reminds Blair that Chuck must never learn what happened between them. X-O X-Eww! Watch full episodes of Gossip Girl on our Online Video Guide.

Patrick Swayze Bachelor 30 Rock - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com
----

NEWS Of AWESONESS and EPICNESS

CB is what everyone wants on their wishlist!
Quote:
We've made a Christmas wish list for our favorite characters. Here's what we're plotting for a few good (and not so good) girls and boys.

Blair and Chuck get together. Not as a traditional couple (after all, he's Chuck and she's Blair), but as a dynamic duo of another sort. We'd like to see them team up to take on the current economic disaster. They could whip Ben Bernanke into shape and fool around on the floor of the Federal Reserve in the process.

Blair and Chuck Get It On: Christmas Wishes - television 2009 - gossip girl - the office : LimeLife
More news about CB making the show addictive! lmao

Quote:
The Riches: Gossip Girl was just an Upper East Side OC until the original leads — ex–party girl Serena, judgmental hipster offspring Dan and pretty-boy Nate — made room for supposed sidekicks Chuck Bass and Blair Waldorf. Credit the oozing charisma and fearless fashion of actors Ed Westwick and Leighton Meester, but the pair’s love/hate relationship, möbius strip schemes and insta-icon status have turned what should’ve been a teen-pander disaster (see: 90210 2.0) into 2008’s most consistently satisfying cult series. (But will someone please send Vanessa the bland barista and Aaron the icky artist into exile already.)

Farewell, auld anxiety - EYE WEEKLY
TV Gal's favorite quotes of 2008

Quote:
"Don’t you see we’re the same. Stop trying to fight it." Chuck to Blair on Gossip Girl.

Can you say that again . . . Favorite Quotes of 2008 - TV Gal - Zap2it
What? They're ALSO the shows most fascinating Characters? Hell yeah they are!

Quote:
And the most fascinating characters on the show, of course, are Chuck and Blair.

Ed Westwick Photos & Pics | Who's The Real Chuck Bass?

Who cares about anything else? We're only waiting for CB... DUH!
Quote:
Least interesting root-for couple: Sure, we're supposed to be anxiously awaiting the reunion of GOSSIP GIRL's Serena and Dan, but, um, yeah; we're not. Every other couple on the show, Jenny and Nate, Rufus and Lily, heck, even Cyrus and Eleanor rank higher on the list. And then, of course, there's the devilishly delightful Chuck and Blair, who are their generation's Sam and Diane.

Our 2008 TV Year in Review (Part IV) From "theTVaddict on DVRplayground", A Blog by theTVaddict.com: DVRplayground
CB are the PERFECT Tv teen couple of this generation!
Quote:
Someone give that girl an Emmy! She's proved to be a master of the stifled cry, and although her love for Chuck is strong and genuine, it's by no means simple. Blair is just as tortured and dysfunctional as he is, which makes them the perfect TV teen couple of this generation.

'Gossip Girl': All Chucked up | Show Tracker | Los Angeles Times
Chuck and Blair are again the greatest thing on the show
Quote:
Gossip Girl is the zestiest kind of high-trash delight and it helps that some fraction of the main characters, in particular Blair and Chuck, are not only no better than they should be, but at any given moment, scheming to bring pain and humiliation on someone else.

Precocious teens exposed - TV & Radio - Entertainment - watoday.com.au
-------

HONESTLY, theyre's TONS more of reviews and Recaps But I can't find them and i hope what i Have up there i hope will suffice. Since we have a part 2 it kinda explains we have too much! I will keep adding new ones though. if anyone has old ones thats not in there please PM me! I need to add more into the archieve so people can find CB stuff easily!!! <3

This is for the CB archive

Compiled by Cher, added by the CB fans

Because True Love, knows no boundaries. It is Epic and Real. It is Forever. This is how you do it
icon: My BFFL, Iz

Last edited by cryzzel; 01-10-2009 at 12:30 AM