Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-15-2005, 08:54 AM
Loyal Fan

Fi: lol! Congrats on your last shift!

irishgirl: I just about collapsed in giggles over that bit about staying in... movie.... chinese... does that remind anyone of a recent fic of mine? lol!

Em
Old 09-15-2005, 09:02 AM
Absolute Fan

Fi: Congrats

Em: I know, I know
I’m actually looking in the mirror right now and I know that in 10 years, I won’t look like this. I’ll look 31, not 21. It’s our spirit that people will remember us for as time goes on and we grow older.-Nikki Blonsky
Old 09-15-2005, 09:46 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel luvs tony
I loved Shane in the movie too, but not a big of the movie.
And I have to ask, why is your avi under construction.??
I'm feeling very undecided I don't know what avie i want so when i saw that one it seemed right

Glad i'm not alone in wondering what some people think is so great about a walk to rememeber. I like romantic fluff movies but it was plain boring!

I'm not going out this weekend so I'm definitly ordering Hitch with a Gilmore Girls type pig out fest.

Locke is creepy but so facinating with it he had this whole mystery thing going on. He saw the creature and survived, his legs magically healed, he seems to be conected to the island in a way the others aren't. He really adds to the show.

hang in there Fi one more shift is nothing and then its on to the good job! And don't worry in a new job you have a grace period to muck up you'll be fine
Old 09-15-2005, 10:10 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emony2
irishgirl: I just about collapsed in giggles over that bit about staying in... movie.... chinese... does that remind anyone of a recent fic of mine? lol!
I think I missed that fic, what is it called and where can i read it? Can't miss out on any fic, lol

Thanks

gsrfan
Old 09-15-2005, 10:32 AM
Loyal Fan

gsrfan: it's called A Night In and is part of my ongoing Dear Neela series. It's up at the LJ and I'm in the middle of putting it up at ff.net

Em
Old 09-15-2005, 11:25 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsrfan
I think I missed that fic, what is it called and where can i read it? Can't miss out on any fic, lol

Thanks

gsrfan
You cannot not read that fic. Its brilliant.

Quote:
Locke is creepy but so facinating with it he had this whole mystery thing going on. He saw the creature and survived, his legs magically healed, he seems to be conected to the island in a way the others aren't. He really adds to the show.
Oh yeah!!!

Quote:
Colin: So it's our firstnight as roommates, housemates sharing a....house..what are we gonna do?
Edith: I dunno..maybe just..chill..
Colin: Just chill..are we?
Edith:Yeah..maybe..or you know what you could do..you could actually use that guitar I bought for you and play something..
Colin: I have!..I'll write a song..
Edith: Yeah..*laughing*..don't do that thing you do all the time of saying you've wrote me a song and then..it's the same song as last time..
Colin: It's a work in progress!
Edith: Yeah..anyway..you said you had stuff to do..
Colin: Yeah until about half seven..eight and till I'll be there..so are we..
Edith: Well you have your own key now anyway..so you can just..
Colin: Oh. Is that it then..you have you own key so you can come and go and whatever...no welcome..
Edith: I-
Colin: You're not going to be lying on the settee in a negligee..leg up on the table...all 'yeah I may as well sleep with you'? no...
Edith: *laughing* Colin! Where is your mind these days?
Colin: I don't know..in the gutter evidently..
There are so many things in here that remind of Roomieville....I am starting to like this, irishgirl can't you stop from luring people(me) to new obsessions?? Seriously this stuff is cool

Edit: Guess who made first appearance on ER today Dr.Michael Gallant, my roomie heart wanted to not like him but the guy is cool, NO RAY but he was alright.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:54 AM
Elite Fan

I'm trying to write a fanfic, but I have no idea how to start. I think of something, then when I decide to put it on paper, I go blank.

What to do?
Old 09-15-2005, 01:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Dingbat: hmm... the dreaded writers block. Sometimes listening to music helps me when that happens, or going a way for a bit and thinking about something completely different. I'm sure some of the others have other ways of getting stuff down on paper...

Neel: you can listen to Colin and Edith online...

Em
Old 09-15-2005, 01:15 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks.

BTW Who is Colin and Edith? You folks always talk about them.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:49 PM
Loyal Fan

S'ok. Colin and Edith are DJ's on BBC Radio 1... if you're not in the UK... or don't have one of those weird radio's that lets you somehow get R1 in the states you can listen online... not that we are in any way, shape or form trying to give you guys new obsessions or anything

Em
Old 09-15-2005, 03:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

I is finished! Once and for all...no more ASDA! Well, not as a "colleague" anyway (I'll still shop there, can't break the habits of a lifetime after all!). I have worn the green yucky uniform for the last time. I'm sorry, I didn't mean that to sound quite as gleeful as it did.

Em: Encouraging new obsessions? No, not at all...hee . It's all good. Real life Roomies, to add to our onscreen ones, what could be more poetic than that?

Dingbat: I really think Em had the best advice on writer's block. It's something I think pretty much everyone on this thread can relate to! I know I can. I'm horribly blocked right now, as it happens . But we look forward to reading anything you come up with .

Chianna: Thanks. And as for my grace period for mucking up? Well, that's good to know . Cause I will, for sure. I've never had an actual, proper, responsible adult job - people take me seriously now, because I have a degree. Or I have a piece of paper that says I have a degree, which I'm sure was a big mistake on the universities behalf because I'm so not smart enough to have graduated. Decisions will be made on the things I say, do and write. Scary I don't feel old enough for this. But enough again...

Lol, Fi.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:02 PM
Master Fan

I'm so late on this new thread.

Just dropping by.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:08 PM
Supreme Fan

Hey Serene! Welcome back!

Fi: Congrats on being done! I know from personal experience how good that feels. And That your muses are being stubborn. Maybe they need lemon cake.

Dingbat: I am all too familiar with writer's block, as Fi, Em, Neel, hell, anyone here will probably tell you. Just as an example, I've been tryng to write this particular Roomies fic I'm currently working on for the last month. I had ideas, I just couldn't get the wording right. Em had good advice, though. Listening to music that fits the mood of your story sometimes gets the muses a-talking. And so does re-watching episodes or watching fanvids. You might try that. And sometimes, I just make icons or fanart to clear my head a bit. Maybe if you get a really good manipulation you're happy with, staring at it will give you inspiration and get your muses going.

And now, back to beating mine.

ETA: New fanvid at the beginning of the thread! Neel has made a fabulous new one! Everyone go check it out!

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:09 PM
Absolute Fan

Wahey happy campers! Hehe..lol..sorry..I've been up from 3AM on barely two hours sleep...minutes away from boarding a flight (7AM) back to ye olde Ireland for a family wedding tomorrow..so if you don't see me around over the next couple of days that's why. It's gonna be huge and I expect my hangover will be too so hehe

Neel: Muwahahahahaha! In a word..No

Seriously I am so shipping Colin & Edith right now..they are so Em & Fi..I expect you guys to keep me up to date with any events that occur today with then pair of em as I'll probably not get to hear them..reports on the 'first night' et al Tell me everything.

Ding: It'll come to you and then you won't be able to stop! Promise you

Oh. oh , oh..nearly best thing about being home..my best mate and I are doing Darcy on Sunday (no not like that gutterbrains) sadly..*ahem*....but it's that much cooler to watch P&P with someone who gets it

Oh and also..reason for lack of sleep. I'm utilising my Amnesty membership and am now classified activist. I joined a new group last night (meeting ran lo9ng so back late) and I'm now co-ordinating DRC for North London! It's ensuring human rights for the Congo region basically (I immediately thought of ER and then ack..scary responsibility!

Anyway I must away and er..fly..laters mon amies
I’m actually looking in the mirror right now and I know that in 10 years, I won’t look like this. I’ll look 31, not 21. It’s our spirit that people will remember us for as time goes on and we grow older.-Nikki Blonsky
Old 09-15-2005, 10:51 PM
Elite Fan

Hey Serene

Thanks Ash I'll post the link on LJ in a few minutes.

Em: Where online??? Link??
And I noticed you joined the X-files board

Congratulations Fi

Quote:
Neel: Muwahahahahaha! In a word..No
Didn't think you would.

Quote:
Oh. oh , oh..nearly best thing about being home..my best mate and I are doing Darcy on Sunday (no not like that gutterbrains) sadly..*ahem*....but it's that much cooler to watch P&P with someone who gets it
You did that on purpose And so jealous, you are watching P&P .

Quote:
Oh and also..reason for lack of sleep. I'm utilising my Amnesty membership and am now classified activist. I joined a new group last night (meeting ran lo9ng so back late) and I'm now co-ordinating DRC for North London! It's ensuring human rights for the Congo region basically (I immediately thought of ER and then ack..scary responsibility!
Good going irishgirl.

Dingbat: Well everybody has already said everything about writing, and well these girls are brilliant at what they do, so listen to them. Also sometimes bribing your muses seem to work (lemon cakes work for Fi) or just beat them into submission. Ash once told me reading other roomie fics help or try to write for one of the challenges at LJ, that worked for me.