Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-27-2007, 11:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I predict one stupid plotline after another will be headed her way.
I do, too.

Thanks for the links!
Old 01-01-2008, 02:07 PM
Supreme Fan

Anyone heard anything about any of the movies she's done recently? Are they out yet?

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 01-01-2008, 03:47 PM
Loyal Fan

She has two movies coming out this year, "Fallen Hero" and "Marathon".
Old 01-01-2008, 04:21 PM
Supreme Fan

Any word on when they'll be released?

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 01-01-2008, 04:59 PM
Loyal Fan

I have no idea. They are both supposed to be released sometime this year(2008). "Fallen Heroes" in India and "Marathon" in the UK.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:10 PM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for the info. I'm really looking forward to seeing them if I can ever find them. She's such a great actress.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

News re Mindi's latest project. I'm wondering when she'll start filming this, and what it will mean in light of the strike here (if TPTB let her go work on this now in the UK, seems like they are not really hopeful that the strike will end anytime soon so that the rest of S.14 can be produced.) Or maybe it's planned for what would have been the usual summer hiatus. In any case, congrats to Mindi.

Quote:
ER star joins Winstone in ITV drama

* Tara Conlan
* guardian.co.uk,
* Friday January 11 2008

Parminder Nagra in ER

Nagra: set to star in The Changeling. Photograph: Channel 4

ER and Bend It Like Beckham star Parminder Nagra is taking a leading role in ITV1 drama The Changeling, starring alongside Ray Winstone.

Nagra will play privileged Anjika Indrani in what is being billed as a dark story of desire and lust.

Loosely based on the Jacobean tragedy written by Thomas Middleton and William Rowley in 1622, The Changeling follows Anjika as she tries to escape the clutches of her family.

Having returned from completing a degree at Cambridge, Anjika finds her rich father has arranged a marriage for her.

Her father's chauffeur Flowers - played by Winstone - offers to help her out.

But in return he wants to spend the night with her. The evening leads to a dark and obsessive relationship.

The ITV controller of drama, Sally Haynes, said: "This is a modern and innovative take on a classic piece of literature, transposed to a wealthy and glamorous world.

"It is atmospheric and sumptuous and we are very excited to be bringing Ray Winstone and Parminder Nagra together on ITV for the first time in such a unique project."

The Changeling was written by Joshua St Johnston, who wrote the BBC's 2005 adaptation of Sweeney Todd, and is being made by independent production company Size 9.

Executive producer Michael Wiggs said: "Size 9 is thrilled to be working with Laura Mackie and Sally Haynes at ITV, and we're hugely proud to bring Joshua's second screenplay to life following the massive success of his debut script Sweeney Todd."

The Changeling is produced by Steve Matthews and directed by Sarah Harding, whose credits include Queer as Folk, Lewis and Torn.
ER star joins Winstone in ITV drama | Media | guardian.co.uk
Old 01-13-2008, 12:48 AM
Supreme Fan

Oooh, thanks for the info. I'm curious about when it'll be filmed, too. And hee, we have a digital box and we get BBC America, so maybe there's a chance it'll be on there and I'll get to see it.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:33 AM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for the info, Sandalwood!
And congrats to Mindi!
We see lots of British programs here, I really hope they show this one too..!

Last edited by Edith78; 01-13-2008 at 07:04 AM Reason: spelling :)
Old 01-25-2008, 03:57 PM
Extreme Fan

Could you add me to the list please
Old 01-29-2008, 05:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Here's Mindi's 2 cents on ER's future:
'ER' Star Thinks Show Still Has a Future

Quote:
The last pre-strike episode of ER aired last week, but word is still out whether the show is returning for another year, considering many had believed this season – the 14th for the show – would be its last. However, show star Parminder Nagra doesn't think the writers would let the long-running (not to mention Emmy Award-winning) series end without a proper conclusion.

"I don't think you can have a series that's been on for 14 years and have it end like that," Nagra, who plays Neela Rasgotra on ER, said.

How did last week's ER end? With a steamy kiss between Gates (John Stamos) and Sam (Linda Cardellini) just before she gets into a cab and drives off. For sure, fans of the show will want to see what happens between the doctor and the nurse, as well as between Pratt (Mekhi Phifer) and Bettina (Gina Ravera), who are now broken up.

The kiss wasn't the only highlight of last week's ER. The episode, called “Atonement,” had some of the doctors heading to the ice rink for a hockey game. Parminder Nagra's Neela was the lone female player, and had to endure a lot of trash talk from the opposing team, courtesy of Morris (Scott Grimes).

"They asked me how well I could ice skate," Nagra said. "I never thought it would come to this."

The actress said she “started taking ice-skating lessons in August,” because the producers really wanted her out on the ice. The lessons paid off well, and Nagra was able to hold her own in the rink.

This is not the first time Parminder Nagra had to tap into her athletic skills for a role. In Bend It Like Beckham, Nagra played a London girl who joins a soccer club in secret because of her disapproving parents, who want her to stick to Indian traditions. The film, though low-budget, was a hit and catapulted Nagra, along with costars Keira Knightley and Jonathan Rhys Meyers (The Tudors), into stardom.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:49 PM
Supreme Fan

Cotton Candy: You're added.

G-U: Thanks for bringing that over.

"They asked me how well I could ice skate," Nagra said. "I never thought it would come to this."

I'll bet she didn't. Poor girl.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

wow, thanks for the info on her new project 'the changeling', sounds as tho it's gona be a good 'un, can't wait til, it'll be great to see her in a british production again, and with a class actor such as winstone! (never thought they'd portray a relationship together i must say, but hey mindi's adaptable...we know this because she had the task of kissing stubbly stamos...so anyone after that will be a doddle haha) ;-)
Old 03-30-2008, 10:39 PM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for those! She looks gorgeous, as always, and it's great that she and Scott are such good friends. She's good friends with a lot of the cast. Maura, Shane, Linda, Scott...it's so nice that they really seem to get along so well.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.