Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-14-2008, 02:11 PM
Supreme Fan

Episode Discussion: 15.3 "The Book of Abby" {October 16, 2008}

From NBCUMV:

Quote:
ER
THE BOOK OF ABBY
THERE’S A NEW CHIEF IN TOWN—Neela (Parminder Nagra) is disappointed when she finds out Abby’s good news second hand. When a gunshot wound victim comes into the ER, the new chief, Catherine Banfield (Golden Globe winner Angela Bassett) and Abby (Maura Tierney) butt heads on how to treat the patient. Abby comes to Sam’s (Linda Cardellini) defense when she goes before a nurses disciplinary board. John Stamos and Scott Grimes also star.
Have at it, all.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:08 PM
Master Fan

I kind of don't want Thursday to get here, lol. It's gonna be sad to see Abby go.
I love you but, I don't even know why
Old 10-15-2008, 05:20 AM
Master Fan

This is an episode that I am looking forward to watching, because I love them, but not looking forward to at all because it's the end of Abby who has been my favorite character since her first episode practically.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Does anyone have the trailer for the ep? I won't get to see it until Friday.
Emma♥Neal
Old 10-16-2008, 07:57 PM
Loyal Fan

On the surface, this episode was really not that impressive. However, if you look beneath the surface, it was a very good episode in it's own unique way. This was totally Abby's episode. She went out just like how she came in, leaving a lasting impression. Despite all her terrible flaws and mistakes, I'm going to miss her! I loved the way she talked to Dubenko and Neela as they performed surgery. I loved her pep talk to Morris and the kid who's coach got shot. I loved how she stood up for Sam. But most of all, I like the honor that Haleh gave her and how she taught Frank how to tango. Good bye Abby!!!!

Oh yeah, and I'm glad that Luka decided to pay us a cameo!

Ray: OK, roomie! Just give me a minute to put my legs on!

Old 10-16-2008, 08:01 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-UNIT (View Post)
But most of all, I like the honor that Haleh gave her and how she taught Frank how to tango.
Tango?! I'm from Argentina and Tango is from here so... I HAVE to see that!! LOL

Last edited by abby_road87; 10-16-2008 at 08:55 PM
Old 10-16-2008, 08:02 PM
Master Fan

Someone needs to inform the writers that Abby came on in 2000 (right before Lucy was killed) so therefore it hasn't been 10 years! Even more proof the writers are idiots!
Old 10-16-2008, 08:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Okay, I'm still crying while I type this. And I was doing so good, too! But then Luka pulled up and I burst into tears.

I'm utterly sad that Abby is gone, but I'm so glad they gave the couple a happy ending; they deserved it.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:04 PM
Master Fan

I cried about the same as I did when Pratt died. I'm such a sap for a happy ending and I'm going to miss her.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdreamylover (View Post)
Someone needs to inform the writers that Abby came on in 2000 (right before Lucy was killed) so therefore it hasn't been 10 years! Even more proof the writers are idiots!
She had been working in the hospital as a nurse before we ever got to see her, so I'm sure that's why she said 10 years.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-UNIT (View Post)
On the surface, this episode was really not that impressive. However, if you look beneath the surface, it was a very good episode in it's own unique way. This was totally Abby's episode. She went out just like how she came in, leaving a lasting impression. Despite all her terrible flaws and mistakes, I'm going to miss her! I loved the way she talked to Dubenko and Neela as they performed surgery. I loved her pep talk to Morris and the kid who's coach got shot. I loved how she stood up for Sam. But most of all, I like the honor that Haleh gave her and how she taught Frank how to tango. Good bye Abby!!!!

Oh yeah, and I'm glad that Luka decided to pay us a cameo!
I could have gone without hearing Abby saying to Dubenko and Neela "Ever think about dating." lol.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

Ah, well. There goes Abby. She'll be missed. "Shalom to that!"

(On a side note, I was a little surprised that the show didn't choose to tease any of the stars who will return -- with Pratt gone and now long-timers Abby and Luka also leaving, you'd think they'd want to make sure fans stayed invested in the show. Felt like a wasted opportunity to me, but oh well.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicknickshady (View Post)
I could have gone without hearing Abby saying to Dubenko and Neela "Ever think about dating." lol.
Considering last season, that was AWKWARD for both, lol! Dubenko must've been like, been there done that (well, tried that!). Shows you how much Abby and Neela were not talking last year.

Last edited by Sandalwood; 10-16-2008 at 09:39 PM
Old 10-16-2008, 10:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandalwood (View Post)
Considering last season, that was AWKWARD for both, lol! Dubenko must've been like, been there done that (well, tried that!). Shows you how much Abby and Neela were not talking last year.

I agree. They acted so sad in the episode like they were the closest friends for years like the previous year did not happen.

Anyways I have to say one thing...

Frank has to be one of the best most great under utilized characters in any series in any show ever.

In regards To your other point sadal about this weeks promo for next weeks episode...i believe they did not want to give much of 15.5 away this early. They wanted to probably save it for a shocking and really great promo after the 15.4 episode. Just a theory.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:10 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by attitudeissues (View Post)
There was really no need to roll your eyes at me. I was talking about the writers and not anyone on this board.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay this episode was so so but what made it great was that it was Abby's last shift. Maura really did an excellent job.

The tears started to come at Abby's last moments and then when she did her final walk down the hallway.

And how great was that memorial wall that Haleigh showed Abby? I started to tear up especially when I saw everyone's names: Lewis, Green, Benton, Hathaway, Ross, and all the rest. Great tribute to those who have left us!

And I'm glad Abby got her happy ending. She and Luca deserved it.
Emma♥Neal