Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-07-2008, 02:08 PM
Supreme Fan

Episode Discussion: 15.2 "Another Thursday At County" {October 9, 2008}

From NBCUMV:

Quote:
ER
ANOTHER THURSDAY AT COUNTY
JUST ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE—GOLDEN GLOBE WINNER ANGELA BASSETT (“MEET THE BROWNS,”“WHAT’S LOVE GOT TO DO WITH IT”) JOINS THE CAST--Dr. Banfield’s (Golden Globe winner Angela Bassett) arrival and tough attitude causes the whole ER staff to feel defensive. Gates (John Stamos) and the new interns fight to save the life of a terrorist while risking their own lives. Neela (Parminder Nagra) finds an unlikely advocate in her fight to get Dr. Dubenko (Leland Orser) back on the surgery staff. Scott Grimes, Linda Cardellini and David Lyons also star.
Have at it, y'all.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:44 AM
Master Fan

I am looking forward to this episode, especially the arrival of Dr. Banfield. I admire Angela Bassett. And as always it looks like another action packed day at County
Old 10-09-2008, 01:40 PM
Elite Fan

I'm interested to see how Angela Bassett plays into the show. There has been so much hype and yet, I have never seen any of her work before. Hopefully she's not one of those "ball-busting new attendings who whips everyone into shape" like Weaver, Clemente, Eve (well, she was a nurse), Skye, and Romano for a few episodes, and then completely mellows out into the background.

So, no Abby in this one I take it? I guess they're saving her for centre stage in next week's episode...
Old 10-09-2008, 05:55 PM
Master Fan

Oh Abby.....how I will miss you
I couldn't STAND Eve when she first burst on the scene.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:04 PM
Master Fan

Thats what i call a filler episode. the scene with neela on the phone leaving a message to what was more than likely Ray was cut. the racine scare was anti climatic. Morris is emotion was the only good part of the episode. this was one of the worst episodes of ER I have ever seen.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Was this ER or a spin-off of ER? It looked like a completely different show. We had four new interns, and a new ER chief in one day. Pratt is gone, Luka is gone, and Abby has one foot out of the door. Gates as a male lead is not compelling, and as much as I like Morris, he is not lead material either.

Crenshaw must have found the fountain of youth.

Neela's "thing" with Brenner is totally weird and I just don't understand it.

I liked Angela Basset's debut. I think she has command and I already find her interesting. I can't wait to see her character evolve over this season. I also liked the small moment with Banfield and Morris. She was compassionate yet stern. Morris showed that rare emotion that I like.

Other than that I think it was a pretty average episode. The other storylines did not interest me much.

Ray: OK, roomie! Just give me a minute to put my legs on!

Last edited by G-UNIT; 10-09-2008 at 08:30 PM
Old 10-09-2008, 08:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

Really, slicknick? I didn't find it so bad. More than anything, it felt a little unfamiliar with all the new people and not enough of the usual cast (no Pratt , no Abby either). They're pushing Stamos as a male lead, but I'm not buying it.

Some of their setups are beyond predictable now (like when they said interns don't run a code on the first day, you knew right away that meant they would). I love Angela Bassett, but they made some of her backstory predictable too with her reaction to the trauma, Haleh recognizing her, the photo at the end. But I did like Frank's reaction to Banfield putting him on notice. ha!

Did you guys connect to the new interns? Daria and the surgery intern were fun; the other two, annoying. Whether all of this will be enough to keep some decent ratings, we'll have to see. Personally, I'm waiting for Oct. 30.

ETA: Lol, G! I just posted mine, only to find you had a lot of the same thoughts! How funny is that. I was thinking too that Morris was good, but it's too much for him to carry as the lead. Sadly, he's not Luka.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandalwood (View Post)

Did you guys connect to the new interns?

ETA: Lol, G! I just posted mine, only to find you had a lot of the same thoughts! How funny is that.
Hey Sandal! Sadly, I didn't get the sense that the interns will have any significant impact on the show. Then again, I didn't expect them to. Even though they got a lot of exposure in this episode, I get the sense that they won't play any major role in the final season's overall story arc. The vibe that I got is that their presence was simply to show the typical "It's that time of the year for new interns" mention that ER shows every season.

And yeah, we had the same thoughts. Why of course, great minds think alike.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

Did you get the feeling that Brenner was putting up a front with what he said to Neela, after she basically told him that they would never be nothing more than work colleagues?

I liked the other three interns but the blond got on my nerves. She was too ambitious and too into her appearance to be taken seriously as a doctor.

The scene with Morris and Banfield was awesome. It was Scott Grimes at his best. I have a feeling he and Angela Bassett are going to have some awesome scenes together coming up in the last seventeen episodes of the series.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshortklutz (View Post)
Did you get the feeling that Brenner was putting up a front with what he said to Neela, after she basically told him that they would never be nothing more than work colleagues?
He so was.

Quote:
I liked the other three interns but the blond got on my nerves. She was too ambitious and too into her appearance to be taken seriously as a doctor.
I didn't like the blonde either. Too shallow. I loved Daria, I'm a tad bias, but she really was the best. She's got spunk and sarcasm. I didn't get much of a feel for the other guy but Andrew has promise.

Quote:
The scene with Morris and Banfield was awesome. It was Scott Grimes at his best. I have a feeling he and Angela Bassett are going to have some awesome scenes together coming up in the last seventeen episodes of the series.
It shall be interesting.

BTW, I wouldn't be watching the show if it weren't for Shiri Appleby so the interns do bring something to the show.

The beautiful, Shiri Appleby.
Icon - evangelin
Old 10-10-2008, 04:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

I haven't seen the ep: I live in Italy, I have to wait.

But: do we see Dubenko in boxer shirts for real?!?!!? I need to know.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:31 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GooGooGaGa (View Post)
I haven't seen the ep: I live in Italy, I have to wait.

But: do we see Dubenko in boxer shirts for real?!?!!? I need to know.
Yes, for real.

I liked the episode. Even as a long time viewer, I am starting to believe in Gates more than when he first came on the scene as an arrogant jerk. I like him, and believe in him as a male lead. There was a time when I disliked Pratt, Luka and Morris as well, but their characters evolved to me and I feel Gates is as well.

Plus I think that Gates and Sam are really good for each other.

I cried when I saw the last shot with a lonely Banfield on her couch with a picture of her family. I wonder what happened to them. It seems like their is a reason why she was so sympathetic to the mother and her son.

I liked the newbies, even the blond one. I like self-obsessed people.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:33 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshortklutz (View Post)
Yes, I did! And that's what makes the whole Brenner/Neela thing weird. It makes absolutely no sense. Why would Brenner, aka the dog in heat, all of a sudden out of the blue have romantic feelings for someone he doesn't even know and has barely talked to since he came to County. It's not convincing at all, and it seems very forced by the writers. It's as if they are trying to give him the miraculous/overnight transformation into a good human being a la Gates.

Old 10-10-2008, 07:02 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm just glad Neela told Brenner in no uncertain terms that it's not going anywhere. Thank goodness we were spared more indecision in that regard.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:45 AM
Part-Time Fan

I liked this episode! Neela was gorgeous, as usual. The interns were funny too. I agree the that Neela/Brenner thing "appeared" genuine on both fronts, I just really hope that really is the end of that. I like Simon, so I want to enjoy watching him this season without being paranoid that he's going to do anything with Neela again. It'd be nice if they really put that fling to rest so I can kick back and relax.

And yes, I hate how they're making Simon act "not like a prick" for two shows and that's suppose to redeem him or something. Grrr. I can't help it though...Simon/David Lyons is like...well Simon Baker...I just can't stop staring.