Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2021, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

9-1-1 Episode Discussion
4x04: What's Your Grievance

Air Date: Monday, February 8, 2021

Athena investigates a mysterious murder during a neighborhood block party
and the 118 rush to save lives endangered by a bomb threat. Meanwhile, Chimney has
a hard time keeping secrets when Maddie and Buck's parents come to town.

Me and my wild boy
-----and all of this wild joy
→ Jessica | creative dream
Old 02-08-2021, 06:27 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Nine year age difference confirmed!

Love the opening with May and Josh and May is on FIRE with her knowledge.

Buck/Eddie team! Murder mystery boys. lol

Athena is not here for their nonsense.

Glad to see the detective around. Another recurring character.

Weird!Chimney. And then trying to tell Albert. LOL

Buck doesn't want to be left alone.

I'm leaving notes during commercials, so I'm all over.

UNITED FRONT. PINKIE HOLD.

BOOO! Nicknames. LEAVE BUCK ALONE.

"Howard." We barely get "Howie." I don't like.

The team looking at Chimney all ?!?!?! LOL

May and Michael! Glad for some father-daughter moment. And maybe talk to your mother?

Athena and detective. (I need to look up his name.) Glad to see some police work. And maybe you SHOULD get Buck and Eddie in on your murder mystery.

High risk be cause she's over 35. That is so outdated. It's more than age that makes things high risk. My sister was 25 and high risk because of existing medical reasons. As long as Maddie is healthy, her age isn't as much of an issue.

No, let's not bring up Doug. Ain't no one needed that reminder.

Whooops. Maddie told them about the therapy.

And they went to therapy after Doug. Talked about her. Because apparently she wouldn't talk to them.

May and Bobby! Talking about how to deal and compartmentalize. And mentioned his drug and alcohol coping mechanisms. "That doesn't mean it's your fault. It just means that you care."

Josh! The best supervisor. Love love love.

You got this, May! Get it, girl!

Whoops. She got a threat call. EEK!

She was looking at his social media. That's the beauty of diversity (in age). You see things differently. Need more resources to look at things differently. Especially when it's a threat. Gotta take things seriously.

Oh, no. Chim got himself in a fun position.

Eddie saw and got the message out.

Oh, no. Chimney needs to give out the truth. OMG, stop with teasing. I'm losing my mind.

"Big age gap between him and his sister." Stop saying things.

Love seeing Chimney in this role. Got him down.

Uh oh. Buck is ?!?!?!

And Hen realized it's about Buck. No duh.

"I'm impressed." Chimney/Hen friendship is my jam. I love their relationship and their banter.

OMG! ROTFLMAO. That stupid gnome.

The dog startled her and she tripped and shot herself. LOL

"From what you hear?" There is no excuse for you not to visit your son in the hospital. Especially multiple times. You don't like hospitals? SO THE **** WHAT? You should love your child more.

Back-handed compliment is not the joy you think it is. And she KEEPS doing it! "Come to your senses."

"United front, remember."

Confronting about Doug. And Buck pissed about their actions towards that relationship. Protective of his sis. But also, hurt for himself, too.

Stop, Buck. Oliver is bringing it. I've got tears. I'm about to cry. This side of Buck is so heartbreaking.

Selfish parents. It's all about you and how you handle things. But you're the parents. It's not your children's responsibility to make life easy for you. You should be loving and protecting your children. At least the parents are on the same page in their selfishness.

"Love me anyway." ABOUT WHAT? WHAT IS HAPPENING?!?!?!! WHAT IS GOING ON? My heart can't take this.

Here comes the angry Buck from the promos.

"I'm 12 years old again."

Eddie trying to help. He knows about hitting things. And you don't need to apoligize if it's not on you.

Cop congratulating Athena on May being badass.

I love May's wardrobe. And finished her training. 9-1-1 cupcakes! Brought to you by Momma Athena. <3 I love this family. "I'm proud of you."

Always defending her.

"You've never been a disappointment."

uh oh. who is that? 1988. Another sibling theory. I'm glad it's not the adoption. That they're blood siblings. But dead sibling theory. Different problem. Still just as heart breaking.
Old 02-08-2021, 07:02 PM
Graphics Team

Wow May starting to be professional at her job I love it.
Oh she also got off the training desk. But whattttt she already has another major crazy call?

LMAO when Albert ran away so he didn’t have to hear the secret

Maddie & Buck’s parents wow.. I can see why they said they were bad parents.
With the way they act that’s a good way to get your daughter and son to distance themselves more from you. So... did they not have a box for Buck? They had one for Maddie..

That investigation into the woman’s death wasn’t as intense as I thought it would be at first, but then got better. And it did have interesting moments. To know one neighbor wasn’t who everyone thought she was.

They really like to mess with us about the secret I was scared.. especially after Chimney said there was a big age gap between Maddie & Buck.
OMG SO THEY HAD ANOTHER BROTHER?! Wow.
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 02-08-2021, 07:39 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Well, Maddie wasnt around to get the insane call, so it had to be May.

Albert running away was HILARIOUS.

Seems like they don't have a box because they had them for Maddie and ... Daniel? and after that death, they lost "interest?"
Old 02-08-2021, 08:11 PM
Graphics Team

I don’t think it was right to not have one for Buck. But then they acted like he didn’t matter much to them??

And wait.. when did they say it was a 9 year age gap?
Old 02-08-2021, 08:24 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

It was in the first act. I think it was Chimney talking? But it was in the opening because I remember that number they finally gave us a number!

Yeah, I hate that they didn't do one for Buck or really think it through how he would feel when he saw Maddie's. It's like they completely gave us after losing their first son. No wonder Buck feels so lost and unnecessary.
Old 02-08-2021, 10:49 PM
Graphics Team

Ahhh I need to go back and watch again

Yeah I feel bad for him. And I think his reaction was justified. He feels like they don’t even love him. Which is actually how they act. I get losing a child, but that doesn’t mean you should treat your other son like he doesn’t matter.
Old 02-09-2021, 03:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

I had a feeling that there was another sibling in the Buckley family. But I hope there is more to the story. Feels like it should be more.

I wrote a theory last week on tumblr that the other kid, that we now know is Daniel got sick. And the only reason they had Buck was to use him as a donor. And before he was born Daniel died.

Felt for Buck this episode. You could tell how nervous he was when his parents first show up. And he had every right to say those things to them. I also really love that he could talk to Eddie about it too. Also it must be horrible finding out you had a brother like that. That it was clear that no one was going to tell him but Maddie had to when he found the photo.

Also Chimney and him trying to keep the secret. And when Albert ran away from Chimney, I thought “Good Boy”. lmao. He did the right thing to run away because if Chim was having hard time keeping it a secret around Buck at work, imagine living with Buck and keep it? It would be super hard. And then telling the bomber about the secret and the bomber tried to talk to Buck when he was getting into the ambulance.

The Hen & Chim scene was so good too. Hen was so understanding.

I also felt bad for Maddie, when their parents kept on bringing up Doug. And that they cut her off when she married him even if they lived in the same town. That is just horrible. It is a wonder how good of people Maddie & Buck truly are, seeing where they come from.

Other stuff from the episode:

May is rocking at the job. She did so good and I love how her family celebrated her in the end. Also love that she also went to her dad and to Bobby to talk about the call she had.

The investigation was very interesting. I love that Buck & Eddie started to try to figure out what was going on. I bet that they watch crime shows together on their free time. Also the Corgi was the most interesting part in it. So cute. And the woman who died was an horrible person to poisoned him.

Me and my wild boy
Old 02-09-2021, 10:42 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Glad May got scenes with all her parents. And it was a good way to connect with her mom. And celebrating May's accomplishments and end of training really shows their support.

Always nice to see actual police work appear in the show. Gets us some Athena in action. And the tripping over the gnome. The first time, I was like...this is weird. Is there a point? By the second, I was like, this is on purpose! And then it was! Nicely played.

Yeah, another baby to potentially save a sibling isn't unheard of. Hopefully we find out more and why it was such a big secret.

We did get good Buck and Eddie. With the anger and punching and Eddie all...*I KNOW* and punching doesn't actually help, buddy. And YES to them definitely watching crime shows together. That was funny!

Albert running away was hilarious. He lives with Buck. This NO SECRET KEEPING runs in the family, Howie. Don't make me do it!

UGH! Them continuously bringing up Doug. DUDE. Can you not read the room? STOP IT. It wasn't a one-off. It was repeated. STOP. Ugh.

Their parents are so self-absorbed. I can kinda see the "not bad people, just bad parents" thing they both say. But, kinda, you guys, they aren't "not bad people."
Old 02-09-2021, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

^I agree about the last part about their parents. They seems so .

Quote:
Yeah, another baby to potentially save a sibling isn't unheard of. Hopefully we find out more and why it was such a big secret.
Yeah, it must be this reason or that some accident happened when Buck was very young to Daniel.

Me and my wild boy
Old 02-14-2021, 03:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

9-1-1 Episode Discussion
4x05: Buck Begins

Air Date: Monday, February 15, 2021

The 118 race to save the lives of workers trapped in a five-alarm factory fire.
Meanwhile, Maddie reveals a painful family secret that causes Buck to confront
his childhood and answer why he is the daredevil he is today

Me and my wild boy
Old 02-14-2021, 07:52 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

fiaerujpcaesidkfcm;eawsdf

WE ARE FINALLY HERE!
Old 02-15-2021, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

I CAN'T WAIT. I'm so excited for it.

Me and my wild boy
Old 02-15-2021, 01:49 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Long time coming for more background on our boy!
Old 02-15-2021, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, it's been a long wait.

Me and my wild boy