Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2022, 10:18 PM
Moderator Support Team

3x10 Episode Discussion: 'The Confession of the Long Night" {1/7/22}

3x10 - "The Confession of the Long Night"
Episode Discussion

A truth-inducing ritual takes hold of a town-wide cocktail party,
yielding volcanic emotional confessions and a surprising romantic connection for Nancy (Kennedy McMann).
Meanwhile, one of Ryan’s (Riley Smith) business contacts comes to town
with an offer that may be connected to a recent wrongful death.

Old 01-05-2022, 10:21 PM
Moderator Support Team

Really had to push myself to put this thread up tonight. I guess I could have done it tomorrow, but what does it matter? *SIGH*

I hate that it's come to this. I haven't even rewatched 3x09. I barely know what happens with the whole Eve storyline...just what I read online. I have very, very little desire to continue on with this show. It's just not fun anymore. I love all of you guys though. So thanks for putting up with me as I work through my feelings.
Old 01-06-2022, 08:37 PM
Elite Fan

Well thanks for starting! Yeah not really looking forward to the episode either.
gold-steps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 08:56 PM
Addicted Fan

I won't even know what's happening in this episode because I have something to do tomorrow and won't be able to check Twitter or the thread.
Muffy_Simba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 10:13 PM
Moderator Support Team

I won't bother watching until it completely finishes airing and I read spoilers. If I don't like what I read, I'm not watching the whole thing. The only thing I'm interested in is the Hannah/Ace stuff anyway, but if Nancy ends up sleeping with Park for whatever reason, I WILL NOT BE wasting my time (even if I do watch the "whole thing", I'll be fast forwarding all that crap anyway). Then, I will definitely have a big decision to make in regards to the final three episodes...because that "plot twist" ruins everything for me. There's only three episodes left after this one and it seems like truly bizarre direction to take the show in while pretending to push the NA relationship.

Like I've said on the NA thread, they 100% squandered this season, ruining everything they could because they had to cater to their new fave.

Last edited by broken crown; 01-06-2022 at 10:38 PM
broken crown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 12:04 PM
Addicted Fan

So this "Truth Spell" is supposed to expose people's deepest desires? That actually sounds good on paper. Remove many of the head-scratching things they have done this season.
Old 01-07-2022, 12:08 PM
Moderator Support Team

If that's true, then Nancy's deepest desire is to sleep with the goldfish?

Poor Ace. He deserves better.
Old 01-07-2022, 12:53 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken crown (View Post)
If that's true, then Nancy's deepest desire is to sleep with the goldfish?

Poor Ace. He deserves better.
That's why it sounds good on paper when done right. I'm just assuming based on the promo and description. George wants to date other people? Nancy wants see what's his face naked?
Old 01-07-2022, 01:03 PM
Moderator Support Team

I saw the emojis for tonight and all the hype from the writers. Yup, 100% she is sleeping with Park. That's the vibe I got. Also, Ace is going to see something and be heart broken. God I hope he doesn't have to see her have sex with him. That would be so overkill. I don't understand why they have to show anything at all. They barely showed anything with her other LIs.

Also, why do the writers act like there's a "NarkNation" Ummmmmmm NO.

This will most definitely mark the end of the road for me with ND. I just don't know if I can forgive any of this. It's gross and makes me sick to my stomach. Ace deserves better than this and I do not like Ace's disappearance being used as a plot device for the stupid and pathetic goldfish crap. They've turned Nancy into a disgusting character. Also, it's still FREAKING WEIRD that Nancy's LIs are all super old. Just freaking gross.

I actually feel like throwing up.
Old 01-07-2022, 01:07 PM
Addicted Fan

Old 01-07-2022, 01:40 PM
Moderator Support Team

There's nothing I can do about it...but believe you me...I will be complaining 24/7.

This is NOT angst. This is the writers self-inserting.
Old 01-07-2022, 08:56 PM
Elite Fan

Well.....it happened
Old 01-07-2022, 11:13 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah I know. I waited until the episode was over and then read spoilers for like 2 hours. I decided to watch the episode but I fast forwarded all that Nark crap although I saw enough on social media.

Anyway, I wrote some notes as I was watching. The episode minus the BS goldfish stuff was actually pretty good. The song at the end was beautiful and I actually really like Addy and Bess together. They're cute.

I told everyone what was going to happen (I even said it was in a coat closet!) and now I'm 100% convinced they'll do a rush job in the finale before yet ANOTHER separation. Literally the only reason why NA haven't happened is because the writers don't want it to yet. That's why they forced this goldfish drama on us. It makes Nancy looks SO BAD. OMG. Like character assassination. And Kennedy loved this episode?? And she thinks the finale is the best episode ever?!

Quote:
- I thought George’s reaction was funny about the Nancy/Ace thing but I did not appreciate the writers making her the mouthpiece for this BS super forced “love triangle”.
- Ace was going to interview for a position in the morgue?!
- Why did Park turn the walkie talkie off?!
- Addy’s the only one with any sense this episode
- The Ryan/Tyler subplot feels weird
- Ore under the youth center?!!?
- THEY MENTIONED TOM’S COMPANY!
- Why isn’t everyone more concerned where Ace is?! It seems super contrived when all they would need is a few more lines to explain it.
- So the magical ore is going to end up saving someone right?
- Wow Karen SO?!
- The Nancy and goldfish stuff feels SOOO contrived. Like…is she that pissed at Ace that she’s going for the runner up? I’m so confused. Oh BTW…I skipped over this…but I saw enough on social media.
- Hannah called out Ace being in love with Nancy.
- The Nancy/Ace morse code scene was EPIC. That is true soulmate stuff.
- Temperance is actually cracking me up this episode. She’s so evil.
- The NA scene where Ace was rescued. <3
- And Ace wanted Nancy to be the last thing he saw before he died.
- Poor Hannah. I’m wondering who the next keeper will be.
- A SUPERNATURAL SEAL?!! THE HELLMOUTH IS UNDER THE YOUTH CENTER?
- TEMPE IS SO EVIL.
- POOR NICK!
- 3 days until the finale?! LMFAO.

Okay so…the episode would have been really great if there was no Nancy/Park BS. Like??? It just seems so contrived? And is such a plot device to stop Nancy/Ace from being together? Nancy acted VERY OCC in order to make it work too? Like the writers wanted a love triangle so they had to make the characters react to the plot. It’s just super weird how it was handled. Almost like a checklist of lovers Nancy has to have before “settling down” in a real relationship?

Although I will say that Alex Saxon and Kennedy McMann had SO MUCH chemistry in that little moment at the end.

God it hurts my heart that the writers are actively trying to ruin their own show because they need a self-insert.

During the East Coast broadcast the writer of the episode was trying to justify the whole "love triangle" nonsense but pretty much everyone was like...NOPE and there is no Nark Nation. But now...I noticed during the West Coast airing...she's feeling the backlash and trying to defend herself a bit...and talk about Ace.
Old 01-08-2022, 02:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken crown (View Post)
Yeah I know. I waited until the episode was over and then read spoilers for like 2 hours. I decided to watch the episode but I fast forwarded all that Nark crap although I saw enough on social media.

Anyway, I wrote some notes as I was watching. The episode minus the BS goldfish stuff was actually pretty good. The song at the end was beautiful and I actually really like Addy and Bess together. They're cute.

I told everyone what was going to happen (I even said it was in a coat closet!) and now I'm 100% convinced they'll do a rush job in the finale before yet ANOTHER separation. Literally the only reason why NA haven't happened is because the writers don't want it to yet. That's why they forced this goldfish drama on us. It makes Nancy looks SO BAD. OMG. Like character assassination. And Kennedy loved this episode?? And she thinks the finale is the best episode ever?!

During the East Coast broadcast the writer of the episode was trying to justify the whole "love triangle" nonsense but pretty much everyone was like...NOPE and there is no Nark Nation. But now...I noticed during the West Coast airing...she's feeling the backlash and trying to defend herself a bit...and talk about Ace.
She said she was a villain. **** you!
ds44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 05:00 PM
Elite Fan

I have to say I've seen a lot of people saying Nark is inappropriate which I appreciate (but was not expecting).

Yeah I also thought Nancy didn't come off great this episode. I was kind of surprised Kennedy likes it since it made her character look bad. It was a pretty good episode aside from that and the Park stuff.

Quote:
Ace was going to interview for a position in the morgue?!
Ugh it sucks he probably blew it since he didn't show up. This would have been cool for him.

Quote:
Why did Park turn the walkie talkie off?!
Have you seen the evil Park theories floating around since he did this?

Quote:
So the magical ore is going to end up saving someone right?
Very worried who it might be.

Quote:
Addy’s the only one with any sense this episode
Yeah the whole time I was watching I was like "just listen to Addy"

Quote:
Why isn’t everyone more concerned where Ace is?! It seems super contrived when all they would need is a few more lines to explain it.
This bothered me too? Like they went all day without realizing he was gone?

Quote:
The Nancy/Ace morse code scene was EPIC. That is true soulmate stuff.

Quote:
Yeah I saw she deleted the Nark hive tweet after a bunch of people were like "that doesn't exist" She seemed to get the message though.
Reply   Post New Thread