Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2019, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Their flashbacks were so good. And sad.
Old 10-07-2019, 11:43 PM
Passionate Fan

I like both characters but I'm not sold on their relationship yet. It was basically used as a plot device to get Kate back to Gotham and then, Surprise! She's married, to a guy.

There's plenty to explore about the problems they had in their backstory but I'm not sure I want a repeat of previous Arrowverse shows where the supposed official OTP gets dragged through an angsty love triangle with way too much baggage whilst both have other Love Interests. I guess we'll see.
Old 10-09-2019, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, I thought it was a little cliche to see Sophie married to a guy. Mmhm.
Old 10-09-2019, 11:36 PM
Graphics Team Manager

She's married to a guy? Blah well then... that is a surprise & disappointing... hope this isn't going to be some love triangle mess now

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-10-2019, 05:54 AM
Absolute Fan

I could be proven wrong, but the precedent at this point says that Kate/Sophie is far less likely to happen - especially with Sophie not being "out" - than people seem to be assuming.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 10-10-2019, 11:37 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Doesn't mean it couldn't be still dragged through some weird triangle with secret moments or at least sexual tension moments at first between Kate & Sophie. Plus shows seem to love triangles

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-11-2019, 06:00 AM
Absolute Fan

^ Arrow and Supergirl both did the "love triangle" thing but didn't actually put the participants who emerged from said love triangles in a relationship with one another, so, like I said, the precedent doesn't favor a Sophie/Kate pairing.

People are still more than free to ship them, though.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 10-11-2019, 03:28 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I was referring to shows in general, not just Arrowverse . Particularly CW ones imo. I also never said anything about there being an outcome of Sophie/Kate - just that they could do awkward love triangle & sexual tension moments where you get all this 'will they or won't they' feelings . Even if they never end up together, doesn't mean there won't still be a love triangle mess. I hate love triangles as I don't find them necessary & feel far too many shows resort to that story telling

Plus if they want to make Sophie bisexual (which I'm just guessing atm), that'll make it worse for me, as I'd hate for them to do anything which may suggest or make people jump to conclusions that bisexuals can't be in a committed relationship or need both man & female. That's of course jumping to conclusions, but as a bisexual, & knowing bisexual presumptions/myths, it isn't hard for my mind to go there. But mostly I just don't care for love triangles & hope that they leave the relationship for these two in the past & now concentrate on them being friends. Yes feelings will still be there, that's to be expected, but beyond that just move on & give Kate someone new eventually

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-11-2019, 09:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

The CW loves its love triangles.
Old 10-11-2019, 10:15 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Yes

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-13-2019, 07:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think they need closure, with how they left things. It looks like they're building up to that closure. At least in both episodes, they've mentioned their time at the academy.
Old 10-14-2019, 02:06 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I think at least Kate needs closure. Sophie is reluctant to give Kate the time, especially since she knows Kate has feelings for her

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-14-2019, 07:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah true, poor Kate. Just being brushed off like that. I’m a bit angry towards Sophie after the episode.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

liked seeing their backstory

shes married already

I wonder if shell figure it out and how cause she has her suspicions

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
Old 10-15-2019, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Look at the 2nd picture.