Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-06-2009, 08:25 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Karen* (View Post)
Kimberly, i untoped it for now to limit the number of threads topped. Don't worry it'll go back up there once the new rules thread is de-topped in a day or so.
sounds good
Old 01-18-2009, 08:31 PM
Extreme Fan

so i seen advertise that james will be on a lifetome movie airing on the lifetime movie network febuary 15th
Old 01-18-2009, 08:34 PM
Master Fan

really?! going to look into that!!!

----------------
Thanks for the info sew16
Looks like Taken In Broad Daylight will be on Lifetime. this is the only article i have found about it. the lifetime website doesn't say anything....yet at least. and i couldn't find any previews on youtube or anything. we'll just have to keep an eye out for more information!

Quote:
Anne’s story is TV movie
By KIM SCHMIDT, Hub Staff Writer
01/17/2009
Now, nearly eight years after the then-17-year-old was kidnapped from Kearney’s Hilltop Mall, Anne’s story will air Feb. 15 for the first time as a made-for-TV movie on the Lifetime Network.

Lifetime is Charter Channel 24 in Kearney.

“If Anne can survive 6½ days of severe circumstances, it gives us a model to strive toward, or certainly to try to persevere through with grace, whatever our personal situations and challenges are,” said producer Charlene Blaine-Schulenburg of Los Angeles.

Filmed in Manitoba, Canada, the 88-minute movie is based on the true story of Anne’s April 6, 2001, kidnapping. It focuses on her six-day survival: How she outsmarted her captor, Tony Zappa of St. Paul, Minn.; how she left evidence for law enforcement along the way; and how she kept her wits to ultimately help negotiate her safe release.

Filming for “Taken in Broad Daylight” began Sept. 22 near Winnipeg, Manitoba, and wrapped up Oct. 16.

Anne’s parents, Don and Elaine ****i of Kearney, say the movie has been in the works since 2002.

“It’s based on Anne’s story, but it’s not going to be exactly her story,” said Elaine. “We all know it here in Kearney, those of us that were here at the time.”

Blaine-Schulenburg first learned of Anne ****i’s story through news sources broadcasting the teen’s safe return to Kearney. The movie is based on Blaine-Schulenburg’s interviews with Anne and on extensive research.

“I found Anne’s story to be rare and hopeful with a wonderfully, positive ending to a horrible situation,” she said. “The classic storytelling model is normal people faced with abnormal situations.”

But of the more than 100 law enforcement officers between Kearney and Montana involved in Anne’s case, there are only two fictional characters — FBI Detective Reynolds, and a detective and hostage negotiator Mike Timbrook, played by actor LeVar Burton — portrayed in the drama.

“This was one of the great challenges, and as a writer, using all research material I could find, I had to concentrate on making the story simple enough to follow in a 90-minute format and tell the meat of the story,” Blaine-Schulenburg said.

Don and Elaine ****i were allowed to read the script during production and make a few changes. Anne ****i was also offered the script, but hasn’t read it.

“There were a few things in that script that I didn’t want in there,” Elaine said. “Things that were just hype and sells on TV.”

In one scene, Elaine said, writers portrayed her as relying on medication after the initial abduction. A nurse, Elaine was furious at the implication.

“I told them, “That’s just not how it was.’”

Blaine-Schulenburg reassured viewers that Anne ****i is portrayed as she truly was: “A brave, smart, clever, tenacious, young heroine.”

The movie was filmed in Manitoba for two reasons: the cost and Manitoba’s physical attributes.

“Manitoba offered the ability to replicate the four states within relatively close proximity,” said producer Kent Ulrich of Winnipeg. “We have certain terrains where we can do Nebraska, South Dakota, Wyoming. And through movie magic, we can replicate almost all of the locations within a very condensed area.”

Anne ****i, now 24, graduated from Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology in Terra Haute, Ind., in 2006, and is a quality engineer at Boston Scientific in Indiana where urology medical products are manufactured.

Zappa, now 38, received a life sentence for the kidnapping and weapons violations. He is in federal custody near Tucson, Ariz.

Although Anne’s parents haven’t yet had a sneak peak at the movie, they say they’ll probably watch it.

“We almost have to. In a lot of ways, I would just as soon not, but we probably will,” Elaine said.

When and Where
“Taken in Broad Daylight” will air Feb. 15 on Lifetime

[IMG]http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/8486/011709****imovie2tonedmie8.jpg[/IMG]
link
This is going to be creepy to watch James playing such a horrific person...

Last edited by dcluv; 01-18-2009 at 08:50 PM
Old 01-18-2009, 08:40 PM
Extreme Fan

deleted

Last edited by sew16; 01-18-2009 at 08:57 PM
Old 01-18-2009, 08:53 PM
Master Fan

we've heard that james was going to be in it and that production was done....finally its going to air! i wonder why james chose such a dark role....and the role is even creeper since the person exists in real life. scary.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:50 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for sharing that!

On one hand, I'm so glad to see James in a new movie. On the other...it's Lifetime. Oh well, I have to admit I've seen a couple of okay movies on Lifetime. Hopefully this will be another.

It is very sad that it's based on a true story, though (as most Lifetime movies seem to be). I remember hearing about it. Glad that everything turned out okay in the end!

avi: Beatriz
Old 01-19-2009, 03:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, so the movie's going to be out finally. Hopefully it'll be available online as well. Thanks for the news girls. James is going to be very interesting.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:53 AM
Elite Fan

Just went looking for more info on the film:

Taken in Broad Daylight (2009)

trailer: Run More, Get More Rewards Program - Media Room

And an old article (from November) that mentions the film:
Quote:
Van Der Beek back creekside in North Carolina
November 19, 2008 - 2:35pm

By BARBARA RODRIGUEZ
Associated Press Writer

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - James Van Der Beek is back creekside.

Five years after his star-making turn as the center of "Dawson's Creek" came to an end, Van Der Beek is back on one of Wilmington's sound stages _ working with some of his former crew colleagues _ for a guest appearance on the CW's teen drama "One Tree Hill." The episode airs Monday night.

"This is just a real nice homecoming for me," he said.

Van Der Beek has tried to distance himself from his days as Dawson Leery, a film-crazed teen with aspirations of becoming a director.

He returned to North Carolina to play a director on "One Tree Hill" who is interested in turning a book written by Chad Michael Murray's character into a film.

Van Der Beek will appear in three episodes, with the rest airing in January after the show returns from a holiday break.

"I thought it was a real fun character," the 31-year-old actor said, insisting the roles are quite different. "I'm excited to work with my friends and to play a little bit."

"Dawson's Creek" debuted on the WB in 1998, a decade before co-stars Katie Holmes appeared on Broadway and Michelle Williams was nominated for an Academy Award. When the series, set in a small coastal town in Massachusetts, ended in 2003, Van Der Beek said he was exhausted and anxious to move on.

"It's something I feel quite a bit of distance from," he said.

Van Der Beek appeared as a star football player in 1999's "Varsity Blues," then made a dramatic shift in 2002's "The Rules of Attraction" to play an obsessive drug-dealing college student.

Although he recently filmed guest appearances on the television comedies "Ugly Betty" and "How I Met Your Mother," and is working on a pilot for Fox, Van Der Beek said he often finds darker roles the most challenging.

He recently played kidnapper Anthony Zappa in "Taken in Broad Daylight," a film based on the true story of kidnapped teenager Anne ****i.

"It comes from a real place of sadness," he said about preparing for such roles. "What you have to do is get in and track these actions, and come up for some justification in the character's mind."

Van Der Beek said he hasn't watched many episodes of "One Tree Hill," but admires the actors and show executives for keeping it relevant, referring to creator Mark Schwahn's decision to jump the show forward by four years in its fifth season. The show is in its sixth season, and there's talk about a seventh.

"I think anything that shakes things up, breathes fresh air," he said. "You're actually pushing these people ahead. It's good to take those risks because it keeps everybody sharp."

(Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Source

ღLeosღJeahღSterekღHobosღNewYorkersღPandasღSoulmatesღEverlarkღKlaineღ
Old 01-19-2009, 06:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the trailer, Jen. Its normal to be a little creeped out with James in this movie, isnt it? But i bet it was challenging to figure out how the mind of such a person works, and probbaly thats what drew James to this role. Im really looking forward to this flick.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:43 AM
Obsessed Fan

Cool, James in a movie and in a dark role...can't wait for it

"Freedom"is having the right to live as you choose. It's not the right to choose how everyone else lives - JVDB
I am fighting for you, Ziva - Tony & Ziva
Old 01-19-2009, 06:45 AM
Elite Fan

I like his reasoning for why he seems to pick dark characters, tho, it is a much bigger challenge to try and understand why people behave that way rather than being good

ღLeosღJeahღSterekღHobosღNewYorkersღPandasღSoulmatesღEverlarkღKlaineღ
Old 01-19-2009, 06:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

And he's fed up of being Dawson. I like that he's exploring darker characters too, it will showcase his capabilities as an actor more. And its intriguing to try and think like a deranged person, and try to understand his reasons for doing what he does.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:29 AM
Master Fan

thanks for the trailer jen!
Old 01-19-2009, 12:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

ya i like dark characters as well...but i have heard james past up a lot of roles just because the character was nice or had a love story....

not every role is going to be a teenage based kid who loves films and has a soulmate as a best friend...i wish james would realize this...i have been holding my breathe since 2003 for something reocurring or a major film and all i seem to be getting is tv roles and dvd's... sorry i never have posted anything depressing about james but i had too today.......

One Tree Hill - 2003 - PRESENT

ADD ME - http://www.myspace.com/gml04
Old 01-19-2009, 12:50 PM
Master Fan

^^it's ok, we know how you feel