Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-27-2008, 06:52 AM
Master Fan

Holy moly, Dora. You've seen it all haven't you.

Have a safe trip, Cris!

I've been to:

Syria -- My dad is from there and I have a lot of family there as well. Quite a few beautiful places.

England -- Love. It. The people are very open, helpful and friendly and London is just one of my favorite places on earth. Also been to Hastings down at the coast. Very pretty as well.

France -- We went with our school after graduation. Been to Monte Carlo and Nice and both cities are incredible. Can't say the French are all that friendly, though. *hides*

Belgium/Netherlands -- Live 10 minutes away from the border, so it's kinda hard to miss. Absolutely love the Netherlands. I love taking vacations up to the coast, it's beautiful.

Austria -- No better place for snowboarding than the alps.

Spain -- I went to Lloret de Mar with my best friend in 2002. It was awesome and I still have some of that tan left.

I desperately want to see Scotland/Ireland, the U.S., Australia, New Zealand and Italy.
That's my dream for these characters."
- Kaley Cuoco
Old 06-27-2008, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow Dora, you've been just about everywhere!!!

Nora, you've been to lots too. Nice to see Scotland is on that list.

Cris, Deb, Dora - hope you all have safe trips.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:11 PM
Obsessed Fan

Wow, Dora! You have been to a lot of places. Lucky girl! I really really really wanna visit Ireland and Italy. Along with Australia, I think those are at the top of my list. Oh, and Greece as well.

avi: Beatriz
Old 06-28-2008, 12:22 AM
Obsessed Fan

Personally I think you guys should all come *insert commercial here* to Slovenia...not because I live here (although as well because of that ) but because I really feel it's a great place to spend your holidays in and there's mountains, the sea, cities, villages in a matter of a few hundred miles...we're really tiny for most people

So even though I've been to all those places my home country is still my favourite of all...

Karen I've only been to Scotland for like a few days and even then it was a short trip to Edinburgh while I was taking an English course in Cambridge...so will have to fix that as well

to everyone else...

Dora

"Freedom"is having the right to live as you choose. It's not the right to choose how everyone else lives - JVDB
I am fighting for you, Ziva - Tony & Ziva
Old 06-28-2008, 12:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_kitten (View Post)
So even though I've been to all those places my home country is still my favourite of all...
Well there's no place like home after all.

Karen, I've always wanted to go to Scotland. One of my friends did a backpacking tour and she was absolutely ecstatic about it.
That's my dream for these characters."
- Kaley Cuoco
Old 06-28-2008, 02:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Maddie, can i ak where in the States you are from?
Old 06-28-2008, 08:33 PM
Obsessed Fan

Sure! I live in sunny...and currently very rainy...Florida. Yeah, I pretty much hate it to be perfectly honest with you. I would much rather live in the mountains, or at least somewhere where you can actually see the seasons change, ya know?

Old 06-29-2008, 03:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Now that you mention it I recall you saying before (years ago) where you were from. Well, I'll give you some of my rainy season for some of your sunny.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:14 AM
Obsessed Fan

How about some of this HEAT? It's so humid and muggy outside today. I was just out there for about an hour and I feel like I need to take another shower. Yuck!

Old 06-29-2008, 12:21 PM
Elite Fan

Ah, Dora, I wanted to wish you a great trip (tho I feel like apologising for the weather... summer's taking a looong break )!

Maddie: but you have Disney World!!! (I've plans to use the excuse of having a toddler and finally going to one of the Disney places, so you never know... how far away from Orlando are you? )

Karen: I was invited to Edinburgh quite a few times, but you know, my heart drags me to Glasgow...

Well, where I've been so far: Croatia (was Yugoslavia then and I was all of 6 years old), Austria, Germany (a small town next to Frankfurt for all of about a day and then Munich for a concert), England (London), Spain (twice, Madrid both times... never ever again will I go near there in the middle of the summer ), France (pit-stop in Nice), Italy (a random petrol station on way to Spain, does that count?), Belgium (Brussels as part of the trip to London), Czech Republic (Prague mostly), Ireland , Slovenia (Dora will remember this one ) and Finland (yes, I went to see Santa )... oh and Hungary, cos we drove through on way to Croatia.
Just writing it down makes me realise I've seen a lot from a bus window and very little for longer than a few days

I've major travel plans with Anna, though, once I win the lottery... Scotland, Brazil, Argentina, Canada, US, London (to see it properly)...
Half of the places I have family in and the other I want to see because of books I read (Anne of Green Gables & Outlander )

ღLeosღJeahღSterekღHobosღNewYorkersღPandasღSoulmatesღEverlarkღKlaineღ
Old 06-29-2008, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay, between Bea, Deb and now you Jen, I have to look for Outlander. Tell me the name of the first book.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:42 PM
Elite Fan

Amazon.co.uk: Cross Stitch (Outlander, US): Diana Gabaldon: Books
Play.com (UK) : Cross Stitch

ღLeosღJeahღSterekღHobosღNewYorkersღPandasღSoulmatesღEverlarkღKlaineღ
Old 06-29-2008, 12:46 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenMixelle (View Post)
Slovenia (Dora will remember this one )
I also remember the Munich one Those were fun days weren't they And thank you for the good wishes...we were just checking the weather for both London and Cork just before and it's only clouds with drops falling off on the pix...but here it's getting really hot so I won't mind a bit of rainy and colder weather...

Maddy I remember travelling through Miami and going to Orlando and how my parents told me not to say that I was already 11 at the gates of Walt Disney World because the ticket was cheaper for kids under 11... I also remember it being hot and humid...hope the heat goes away soon...

to Karen

I just finished working before I leave for my trip...tomorrow I have to pack (something I do not like at all, makes me glad that for the way back it'll be a task for my boyfriend to do ), then on Tuesday morning withdraw money from the bank and then off to London in the afternoon...

Plus once more I'll be away for my birthday...I used to hate it as I was a small child because there was always someone on holiday at the time but now I just prefer taking a holiday if I can

Dora

"Freedom"is having the right to live as you choose. It's not the right to choose how everyone else lives - JVDB
I am fighting for you, Ziva - Tony & Ziva
Old 06-29-2008, 03:14 PM
Elite Fan

Oh I don't have time to read over all these exotic places as I'm madly packing but Dora have a great trip and I'll see you all in a fort-night. Miss you!
Old 06-29-2008, 07:11 PM
Obsessed Fan

Jen - We're a couple of hours away from Orlando. Honestly though, I would probably recommend Disneyland in California instead. It seems better to me...but that may be just because I've never been, so it seems more "magical" to me. Plus, I just wanna visit Cali.