Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-08-2007, 01:47 PM
Master Fan

^ Thank you Jrnn.

Karen.

You're welcome Bea.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ah Jenn, i think my comments about my owning james may pre-date Brit's.

Sorry Brit! Except i'm not.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:13 PM
Master Fan

article about the Dodgers game:

LOS ANGELES -- It started 49 years ago at the Los Angeles Coliseum when singer Nat King Cole and some of his Hollywood buddies thought it would be fun to have a star-studded baseball game before the new team in town, the Dodgers, played a game that actually counts in the standings.
All these decades later, the Hollywood Stars Game has been a regularly scheduled promotion on the Dodgers' calendar each season. What was once a hardball game for the first 45 years is now a softball game, but the intensity and competitiveness between the stars is still there.

"This is the most fun day of the year," said former "Dawson's Creek" star James Van Der Beek, who has played in eight of these games, highlighted by robbing actor Rob Lowe of a home run with a circus catch in 2004. "Tommy Lasorda was my coach that year, and we thought this was a nothing softball game, but he gave us a pep talk that got us so riled up, next thing I know I'm on my back on the other side of the fence, with the ball in my glove. I blame Tommy 100 percent for that."
"I don't know if it's just actors who are just interested in baseball, but I know these guys are," said "Desperate Housewives" star James Denton, who flew all night from a movie set in Canada to make his fifth consecutive appearance in the game. "It's fun to get on the field and meet up with the guys. It's one of the perks of starring on a hit series; you get to know guys like [Dodger second baseman] Jeff Kent, whose No.12 I wear in his honor today. It's like a little kid's dream come true, and we're representing some of our buddies who never get to do this kind of thing."

The stars usually come to Dodger Stadium two hours before the game is scheduled to begin. They are treated to food and refreshments in a tented area in the parking lot behind right field. The celebrities are given sports bags loaded with Reebok shoes, Dodger clothing and other goodies. They then get the real treat of taking batting practice, infield and shagging fly balls like the big boys do.

While this is going on, the Major Leaguers are watching with amusement.

"It looks like they take this seriously," said Toronto Blue Jays pitcher A.J. Burnett, who was watching the proceedings with fellow hurler Roy Halladay.

Van Der Beek and Denton came over and shook hands with the Toronto players, who had never seen a celebrity game before. On the other side of the diamond, Dodger players, who see celebrities sitting in the stadium's Dugout Club seats at every game, were still out in force to take in the game.

"Walking around this place is just so much fun," said "Heroes" co-star Greg Grunberg, who grew up a Dodgers fan in Los Angeles. "It's unbelievable to be here with these guys. I mean, I'm used to playing softball with a keg at second base, and the guys here are already talking smack, saying they're going to bring it. I, on the other hand, just want to have a good time."

"I think people in show business tend to be sports fans in general and especially baseball," said actor Joe Mantegna, who also co-wrote the popular play "Bleacher Bums" about the fans of his beloved Chicago Cubs. "In our business, you're judged on how good this actor is, how good this actress is, how good is your last movie? In baseball, it's pretty much what you see is what you get -- you're either hitting the ball or not. I think we like the divinity of the sport, the beauty and complexity of it and the fact that there's no clock."

There was a clock in this game and after battling through a few innings the white team and the blue team ended up with a 5-5 tie. Now mind you, the blue team did have a ringer in Dodgers catcher Russell Martin, who came up as a pinch-hitter and smacked a home run, but who cares?

The Hollywood Stars Game benefited The Painted Turtle, the sixth addition to Paul Newman's family of Hole in the Wall Camps for seriously ill children located in Lake Hughes, Calif. The Dodgers presented The Painted Turtle with a Dodger Dream Field for campers to enjoy.

So celebrities had fun and everyone helped a good cause. That's the Hollywood way

source

another james quote from an article talking about young hollywood and the paris hilton jail thing:

James Van Der Beek, 30, says he and his Dawson's Creek (1998-2003) castmates were lucky to be based in Wilmington, N.C. "There wasn't the insanity around us. Had we been in L.A., who knows? But on weekends, we were out on the water, where there was nobody checking IDs

source

Old 06-10-2007, 08:05 PM
Master Fan

Thank you for the info!
Old 06-11-2007, 12:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

nice to know he is still alive.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:21 AM
Part-Time Fan

Salami with Heather McCombs and James Van Der Beek (small interview).

Avi by xclover
Old 06-11-2007, 03:36 AM
Elite Fan

Oh loved that interview - Heather has a great laugh!! And really it's no wonder she couldn't think of anyone to play strip poker with if she couldn't pick her husband And James sill...oh.... Thanks for the link Rachel
Old 06-11-2007, 08:08 AM
Master Fan

Great interview. Heather's laugh scared me a bit, though. I had to turn the volume down.
That's my dream for these characters."
- Kaley Cuoco
Old 06-11-2007, 08:38 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the link Rachel! Heather's laugh scared me a little bit, but she seems really nice.
But excuse me while I after seeing James. He just looks so good!

He should be playing some celebrity strip poker...

Old 06-11-2007, 02:59 PM
Elite Fan

Yes he should
Old 06-14-2007, 08:40 PM
Master Fan

Thank you for the interview! I thought they were both adorable. And Heather is such a sweetie. "She didn't hear the strip part."
Old 06-22-2007, 07:04 PM
New Fan

Just letting you guys know that his name has been removed from the Stone's War project. (IMDB.com)

Propbably no great loss there (considering the unknown director, actors and lowbudget finances)
What's up with him and crappy movies anyway?
The Plague was a crappy movie and so is Eye Of the Beast, I'm sure.
He needs to stop nitpicking movieparts and pick a highbudget movierole that would establish him and make him known as an good actor because Eye Of the Beast and The Plague aren't helping matters any.

He needs a good beating, and I'm more than happy to give it to him.

..nah just messing with you guys
Old 06-23-2007, 03:00 AM
Master Fan

I finally watched that interview, and let me say that Heather is LOUD! But she seems like a funyy person. James is just...

Leroy, I know what you mean about the crappy movies. I don't get it neither. And yep, not a great loss if he is not in that project anymore. I hope he found sth better.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:22 AM
Master Fan

i hope he found something better too. i'm happy for him that he's only picking projects that he really believes in and are unique...but on the other hand, none of those projects have had a great amount of success like he deserves...and we the fans have been waiting soo long to see him in an amazing movie/role hey james, don't forget about us!! we're still here lol

i am really interested in seeing "Final Draft" that seems like it could be an amazing movie...i wish it would get recognition ....and be released soon!!

not sure if this was ever posted (From June 3):

Quote:
In case you were wondering… James Van Der Beek did not fall into a black hole. Nor is he still pining for Joey AKA Katie Holmes. Actually, he’s happily married, and has been for years… But he is looking for a job… now that his schedule has "opened up."

What are you working on now?

I’ve been writing, and then my schedule just opened up…

So, you’ve been married for about four years now, right? What’s the secret to a successful relationship.

Um. I don’t know. We just have fun. Yeah, marry your best friend!
haha...i like that last line...and very pro D/J!!!!!

link

Last edited by dcluv; 06-24-2007 at 10:39 AM
Old 06-24-2007, 11:48 AM
Master Fan

Oh yes, that last line is great. I always knew James was one of us hee hee.

Thank you for the note