Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-20-2008, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

And then at the end of that scene doesn't she say something about how she's supposed to be there for Dawson but he's helping her?

They really did have some wonderful moments. I think maybe that's one of the reasons season 6 sucked so much (aside from the obvious reasons). As much as i loved Todd, it seemed that in season 6 Dawson was more around Natasha and Todd, which meant not as much interaction with characters like Jen. This is based on the little I have seen of season 6.

I think one of my fondest Dawson/Jen scenes would be from The Long Goodbye.

Quote:
[Scene: Dawson’s Kitchen. Dawson is looking in the refrigerator for something to drink when Jen comes into the kitchen to join him.]

Jen: Hey.

Dawson: Hey.

Jen: What you doing?

Dawson: Trying to decide between a glass of orange juice and a bottle of wine. Any thoughts?

Jen: Well, wine's fine, but whiskey's quicker.

Dawson: What about narcotics?

Jen: Oh, even better.

Dawson: You know, times like this, I really wish I was more of a drug person, but I don't know. Starting up just seems like such a hassle.

Jen: Yeah, plus, you can't really score any good dope in Capeside.

Dawson: Good point. Orange juice it is.

Jen: So, I've been trying to figure exactly what it is that I'm supposed to say to you. I feel terrible, Dawson, I really do. I mean, I can't imagine what you're going through, but I feel so helpless. I mean, if this were about a girl, I could offer sage advice, but...this is out of my league. The only person that was ever taken from me was my grandfather, and that was a long time coming, you know. So here's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna give you a hug, and I'm not gonna let go for a really long time. I'm gonna tell you that I love you, which is actually a pretty good deal, 'cause that means that I'll do anything on the off chance it'll make you a little less sad.

[She grabs him and gives him a huge hug.]

Dawson: That sounds very good to me.

It's such a bittersweet scene and Jen wouldn't have felt right trying to placate him by saying he'd evenetually be alright.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

S6 cut Dawson off from the entire group. he had a couple of adorable episodes with Audrey though. Ive still not seen S6 entirely.

Karen, at the end of that scene, Jen says that it should be other way round, that she should be consoling him, and Dawson tells her that this was helping him more.

I adore that scene from TLG. I loved how she knew that there wasnt much that she could say or do to make it better for him, she just had to be there for him. She was so scared and unsure of how to face him, but yet she ended up saying all that he needed to hear. She was a good friend.
Old 12-20-2008, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

She sure was.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Im in a major DJen phase these days. Jerry (somene i know has been a DJer for long) has been posting on the DJen thread on the DC board, and he commented that DJen should've ended together. That Dawson should've realised that she had been a better friend and girlfriend than Joey ever was. It surprised me and made me think a lot..

I guess anyone who's more of a Dawson fan would want to have him with someone who appreciated him, something Joey didnt always. So if Dawson hadnt been so totally in love with Joey, and if we hadnt known that he would never love anyone else like that and that she was what made him happy, would you REALLY have wanted DJo to end up together? Did Joey truly deserve Dawson? Or Jen was more consistent and true in her feelings for Dawson?
Old 12-21-2008, 05:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think maybe at times we can be blinded by season 1 Joey and how she felt for Dawson, they love she had. And to a degree i agree with Jerry, she was always there for Dawson.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved Jen and Dawson's friendship in S2 especially. After she moved on and stopped throwing herself at him, Jen became a very good friend. And Dawson was always there for her too.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was just thinking, we all know obvious Dawson and Joey songs but did Dawson and Jen have any?
Old 01-27-2009, 11:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I dont think any couple on the show had any obvious songs for them. Only DJo did. But there is a certain instrumental music piece which plays in mnay of their scenes. It plays in the last scene if Detention, and in the scene wher Jen kisses Dawson and then he kisses her back in Hotel new Hampshire.

I was watching Coda the other day (was making some avies) and i saw this Dawson/Jen scene. Its so sweet and it had a cute throwback from the Pilot too. You could see that ever since Jen came to Capeside, they had bonded in a special way, and had managed to become great friends despite all the troubles they went through.

Quote:
Jen: I guess that makes me the Boo Radley of this scenario, huh?

Dawson: Exactly. Except beautiful and with breasts.

Jen: Wit. We like that around here.

Dawson: [Sighs]

Jen: [Sighs] Come here. [They hug] Mm. Ok. Go. Get the hell out of here. Walk across that lawn, have a great life, and don't ever call me again.

Dawson: What? So I can confirm your worst fears about men?

Jen: Yes, exactly. Oh, wait, I forgot. We never slept together.

Dawson: You got 5 minutes?

Jen: For you? Always.

Old 01-27-2009, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ah, I'm sure Jen would have told us before she died that Dawson underestimated himself. 5 minutes?!? Pfft.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think she realised that in S5 itself. And she didnt have to tell us. She was the happiest I'd ever seen her, when she was with Dawson.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think "We've got tonight" is a good song to be classed as DJen.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yep. It perfectly describes what they had. It wasnt something that would last but it what they both needed at that time.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

When they kissed that "What would happen if we kissed" by Meredith Brooks played. So theres a song for them.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey court.

I dont remember that song. Should check it out.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't recall that either. Which kiss are we talking about? Season 5?