Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2023, 08:44 AM
Master Fan

If it's General Discussion, then there is a thread for that.

The Celebrities Board Guide has them listed:

General Female Celebrities Discussion | General Male Celebrities Discussion

The challenges you described sound like something that is done on multiple boards known as "Survivor Games", where there is a list/images of celebrities/characters with a theme, like "Villainous Characters" as an example, and you vote for your least favourite each round until three remain and then you vote for a favourite.

If you have an idea for a game like this, it's best to suggest it on the General threads or even send a Private Message to the Moderator of the board with the idea.

Quote:
I would like to ask something : could all the replies, mine and others, from the fanart of the black men barechest (not included) untill this one included, be deleted ? all the ones without an actual fanart in it ? because it's better if people that visit the thread see the fanarts, not discussions on various argouments....
This is a discussion forum so anyone is welcome to comment/reply. The only reason for a comment/reply to be deleted is if it goes against any rules.

Hope that helps and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask!
B ē tt ⓨ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 01:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

caitlin666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 04:04 AM
Part-Time Fan

all here : https://www.patreon.com/arielcage

Old 01-21-2023, 06:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Wolverine looks great and Wonder Woman
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 12:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash landing (View Post)
Wolverine looks great and Wonder Woman
yes, Wolvie is good !! he's like the Wolverine from comic books, not like Huge Jackman, that is very hot, but he does not look like comics' Wolvie !! I like them all... Leela of Futurama is beautiful, Jean Grey too, Mary Jane is fantastic ! and speaking about Wolverine....
(this pin-up was present in the preview of the X-Men's set.... but now I post it alone !! )

Old 01-21-2023, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I thought Hugh was very delicious but I am aware of why comic readers have a problem with him cause of Hugh being quite tall Where Logan/Wolverine is meant to be short at like 5"6 or something
Old 01-23-2023, 10:01 AM
Part-Time Fan

much simpler than his usual works, but the work on the 2 sisters' dresses is quite impressive

Old 01-23-2023, 12:43 PM
Graphics Team Manager

A belated welcome to & the Fan Art board ,

Thank you for bringing your friends art over to share with us. They are clearly a talented comic artist. What medium do they use?

I noticed you've had a few issues understanding the rules & purpose regarding this site & forum so thought I'd try clarifying a few things for you. I hope you don't mind

The first is that this website is open for anyone to view, which means that non-members of any age can access & view the forums & threads here. Then to join you need to be at least 13 years old. Due to this the administrators have placed rules regarding what is posted here to protect the younger members from inappropriate material. This is not censorship, it is more a legal requirement to protect younger members & guests. Unfortunately in the world there are issues when it comes to gender & what is appropriate to show for males compared to females. That is a completely different issue & not something that has much of a say on.

When it comes to the Fan Art forum, this is a place for fans of subjects to share & find art or edits of various topics. It doesn't matter how much time or work was put in or what that topic is. It is still considered 'art' here. It may not hold that meaning for you, but for the purpose of this forum 'fan art' covers all forms of art including computer graphics such as icons regardless of how much work is put into them. If you look through the various personal threads here you will find that while the majority of things shared are icons, many of the posters here share more than just icons or even art which isn't related to entertainment topics. Some share wallpapers, banners, animations, drawings, paper art, ect. all of which comes under the title of 'Fan Art' as otherwise the name of this forum would get long & complicated.

Consider this a bit like a museum. As you go through you may find art you like, art you don't, art you might think a two year old could do, art that looks like it took a lot of time and effort, art that makes sense to you, & art that makes no sense at all to you. Regardless of what category that art falls under, it doesn't make it any less of an art piece at least for the creator of the work & that particular museum. As an educator often I have conversation with my class about if a drawing is 'just scribble' or if it is what the creator says it is. I have been teaching them about an artwork called An Oak Tree by Michael Craig-Martin. To look at it is a glass of water on a shelf, but from the name one is to believe that really it is an oak tree. Just because we can see one thing, doesn't mean that it isn't something else. The artist here says that he turned the water into an oak tree & that is what is there, not water in a glass. This isn't something which is obvious when simply glancing at the art piece, you learn it when you read the information which goes with the other elements of the art installation. In the case of the art shared here, it holds a deeper meaning to the posters here, it may have taken more time & had more work put into it than when you first look at it. Doesn't make it any less art. No one here claims to be an artist or a professional, they are just sharing their creations for things they are passionate about. Just as you are sharing your friend's passion.

The rules on this forum is that every poster is allowed one personal thread where they share all of their art regardless of what it is, which would be why your second thread was closed. Perhaps you could share those art pieces in this thread here instead (as I believe you have done with the art piece above) or see if there is an existing thread your discussion idea would fit into?

I hope you enjoy your time here & continue to share your friends art. Have you made any art yourself?

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 05:00 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
A belated welcome to & the Fan Art board ,

Thank you for bringing your friends art over to share with us. They are clearly a talented comic artist. What medium do they use?

The rules on this forum is that every poster is allowed one personal thread where they share all of their art regardless of what it is,

I hope you enjoy your time here & continue to share your friends art. Have you made any art yourself?
medium ? do you mean where he posts ? he has a couple of facebook's pages and other things (deviantart etc.), but the only important one is his patreon...

I understand the rules about only 1 thread. But the problem is that those are totally different things. The things I post here in this thread (save the last one of the Danvers sisters) are real art in the real meaning of the word... all works start with pencils, on papers, handmade. and after the pencils :

1) you see some comic book pages in a classic comic book style.... those are quite all handmade, ink, colors... for real, on paper... they physically exist in real world... there is very few photoshop elements, for texts and some other things...

2) you see some pin-ups in photographic style... those are pencils, scanned and then colored with the pc to have that particular photographic style, of great impact if you ask me.

... but he does many other things that are on a simpler level, photo manupulations, photomontages, that are fanarts, but not on the same level, in fact he does not post these works on his patreon, he does them for fun, for free, for his friends' facebook pages (mine too)... anyway they are beautiful and funny and on a professional level and this is something that (sorry, I do not want to offend anyone, really, I appreciate the fact that they try and that they have fun and I like what they do) cannot be said for every other threads in this fanart section.
So ; if I post these photomontages and photomanipulations here in this thread, the result is that the level of the thread go lower... these things cannot be mixed with the others, or people that visit the thread could miss the real level of the works, thinking he is just a photoshop user that works on photomontages and not an "artist that really draw with his hands" ( I hope you understand what I mean)...

so the only solution to post them, is to open a new, totally different, thread. It could be funny, people could have more fun commenting it, because often we will have funny memes, or voting memes in which everyone can defend the favorite celebrity against some other celebrity.

I had opened this kind of thread in the section "celebrities", since the subjects of these works are always celebrities, but that id**t deleted the thread 3 minutes later, without contacting me or saying to me any expanation...

so it's all in your hands... if you want, we could have a funny thread that is the second started by me, but a totally different thread, with totally different material and totally different comments and situations, otherwise all those works will not be posted in this forum... I'm sorry, but I cannot post those works in this thread....
Old 01-24-2023, 06:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Watch your language where insulting a mod is pretty good reason to get you banned from the

Last edited by crash landing; 01-25-2023 at 07:27 AM
Old 01-24-2023, 09:03 AM
Master Fan

There are specific rules that members of agree to adhere to when they join.

Each board has moderators, like Celebrities, and they enforce those rules. Your separate art thread on Celebrities would be deleted by the moderator because there is already a thread for members to share any medium of art on one thread. You can find that here: Celebrities Board Art/Icons Thread

As Si_Crazy (Fan Art Moderator) already pointed out to you previously, the Fan Art board is the only board where members are allowed have a thread of their own to showcase their work or in your case your friends work.

The moderator of Celebrities was abiding by these rules and they should be respected. If you have questions about these rules, feel free to ask. You can also find more information about how works on the Info Center board.
B ē tt ⓨ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 10:37 AM
Moderator Manager

caitlin666 I have sent you a PM regarding this.
Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 12:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by B ē tt ⓨ (View Post)
As Si_Crazy (Fan Art Moderator) already pointed out to you previously, the Fan Art board is the only board where members are allowed have a thread of their own to showcase their work or in your case your friends work.
but in this case I have no way to post a lot, really a lot (hundreds if not more) of works on this forum, works that members probably would like... I would, but I don't know how... maybe I'll use sometimes that other thread in celebrities you've shared, but I'm not sure that we will have no problems with that modearator...

anyway, let's be back to the argoument of this thread... it's no more Christmas time, but the Christmas' pin-ups are still there, so maybe you would like to see them
here : https://www.patreon.com/arielcage

Old 01-25-2023, 07:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

I would just post everything you want to post in this thread (except for nudity). I mean, why not? This thread is dedicated to you. No need to make separate threads.

And because your artworks show a bit more skin than most, other moderators make take it as spam/advertising and close the thread/delete. This is a pretty clean pg13 site as you may noticed. Good luck.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Tina poster is posting with permission for another who does all that they are sharing

For the most part most of them have fallen into a "grey" area like this latest depending on the mod it could go either way

Oh sorry for being little direct on how you were showing disrespect to somebody not exactly a friend of mine but falls under the second option and do my not best able to spell he's somebody have posted with over the years but not one of my life-long

So my reaction was just due to insomnia and how moody was most of yesterday just wanted to say I am sorry but don't regret for speaking up
Reply   Post New Thread