Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2008, 01:52 AM
Passionate Fan

What did you like about the competition?
It was great to be a part of FF as a whole and started me off in getting into the Christmas spirit.

What do you think can be changed about it?
Can't think of anything except maybe being able to enter AU couples somewhere.

Did you submit an art?
Yes. Did ask whether I could submit more than one on the same board - the answer was no, which I totally understand and agree with, but made two others anyway and posted in an art thread.

- If not, why? What could we have done differently to get you to submit one? (IE; Longer time etc..)
I think the time period was good. And the time periods set for polls is good too - you don't have to wait too long for results.

- If yes, did you think the process and restrictions were difficult to work with?
Doesn't apply to me because I entered but I don't think the process and restrictions were difficult.

If we had this competition again next year, would you participate?
Yes.

Anything else?
The only thing I can think of is that it is definitely hard to vote against your favourite show/character but I tried to be objective
Oh and also, like the Hare and Hound competition it gets you to venture out into other boards you probably didn't know were there or it's like leaving home to visit other places Kind of opens up all of FF to you if that makes sense.

Last edited by Blinkybill; 12-27-2008 at 01:57 AM
Blinkybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 03:47 AM
Elite Fan

What did you like about the competition? Getting to see all the fabulous artwork that people had created!

What do you think can be changed about it? What Becks said - maybe introducing a step-by-step procedure.

Did you submit an art? No.

If we had this competition again next year, would you participate? Maybe.
Old 12-27-2008, 05:28 AM
Elite Fan

What did you like about the competition? The fact that everybody kind of came together. All the arts are amazing and there are lots of fandoms that I wouldn't have visited or looked at had there not been someone with an amazing piece of art.
What do you think can be changed about it? I agree about the rules part, that was kind of long. I've seen several people that only read the rules half way, because the post was too long. Maybe we can shorten that one a bit next year
Did you submit an art? Yes, I did.
- If yes, did you think the process and restrictions were difficult to work with? No, not at all. I think it was rather easy to follow those things, although I think telling people which size they should write their user name in was a bit difficult to follow. The where is necessary, I think, but I don't think it matters, whether it's written in Times or Tahoma or Verdana or something.
If we had this competition again next year, would you participate? most probably
Anything else? Unfortunately I have been very busy during the time of the competition so I wasn't able to help out in the extend that I wanted to. I sincerely hope that this will be different next year

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
sweet_zelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:15 AM
Master Fan

I liked that everybody gets so creative for the holidays and that the organization was so well, everybody knew what to do and the mods visited the boards/submissions threads once and a while to make sure everyone was good, everything was clear and knew what to do

I don't know

Did you submit an art?

Yes! For Britney Spears, didn't make the final cut tho

- If yes, did you think the process and restrictions were difficult to work with?

no, it was very clear and easy

Maybe, if I have time

Anything else?

Good luck for everyone still in the competion and Happy New Year everybody!
Old 12-27-2008, 07:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

What did you like about this competition? It shows me how amazingly creative people on this board can be.

What do you think can be changed about it? I don't know!

Did you submit anything? No, I couldn't this year but I will next year.

If we had this competition next year, would you participate? Yes, most definitly I really wanted to do this one but I couldn't until after this years competition was over.

Anything else? Nope
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
MrღMrsStinsbatskys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 04:56 PM
Elite Fan

I thought it was very well organised and I liked how it got posters visiting boards they wouldn't usually visit.

I think there should be more time to submit arts as it seemed like a lot of people wanted to enter but were unable to due to not having time. Also quite a few people seemed to have problems with the thumbnail so maybe some help and guidance could be offered there.

Did you submit an art?

Yes I did submit an art. I thought that instructions were very clear and I didn't hae any problems.

Yes I would.

Vicky
Brucas4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What did you like about the competition? That the competition was held again, and that Tina and I where able to help
What do you think can be changed about it? There doesn't need anything to change at all
Did you submit an art? I sure did
- If yes, did you think the process and restrictions were difficult to work with? Not at all.
If we had this competition again next year, would you participate? I sure would
Anything else? Thank you for orginazing this again Jessie And all the arts everyone submitted where absolute stunning
Old 12-28-2008, 01:44 AM
Passionate Fan

What did you like about the competition? The voting was definetly the most fun.It sort of prompted me to visit boards I wouldn't normally go to.
What do you think can be changed about it? I dunno. Maybe a notice to people to vote strictly on the quality of art and not their favourite stars/ships.
Did you submit an art? Yes I did !! Two actually, At the couples and James Van Der Beek board.
- If yes, did you think the process and restrictions were difficult to work with? Um no they were fine.
If we had this competition again next year, would you participate? Definetly !
Anything else? I loved how well organized and smoothly run everything was. Good job !!
Old 12-28-2008, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It certainly got people in the holiday spirit on my board. I enjoyed seeing what people on other boards came up with.

I think maybe the voting could be reworked. from looking at current standings it seems that the arts from the biggest fandoms will probably win. Is it possible that instead of voting for a winner from each board to go through to the final viting round, that all arts go into the same vote and each member has a certain number of arts they can vote for, maybe 5 votes each (like we can do in the new TV show vote). Not that the arts that win aren't good. Just seems there's a disadvantage to other arts. Just my thoughts anyway.

Did you submit an art?

No, Fan art isn't my thing. I do videos.

If we had this competition again next year, would you participate? Probably not as I'm not arty.

Anything else

The 2nd bottom art on the present TV show poll doesn't show for me.
Chase.This.Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 08:29 PM
Loyal Fan

It was very well organized and easy to take part in. It definitely helped get me into the Christmas spirit It's cool seeing everyone from all the different boards participating
Nothing, I thought it was fine
Did you submit an art?
Yes!
Not at all, I entered last year too and I was really new to making graphics at that time, but everything was well explained and easy enough to follow
Without a doubt!
Anything else?
Thanks to everyone who helped put it together, it was a lot of fun
Old 12-29-2008, 02:09 PM
Addicted Fan

Jessie, I have a question: can we close and unstick the competition thread in our boards or should we leave it open until the end of the entire competition?

- It puts people in the holiday spirit.
- Maybe there could be an award for the winners or something, I don't know...
Did you submit an art?
- Yes, and I like the rules. My only suggestion is that there shouldn't be a restriction regarding the size of the final artwork. There should be only a minimum and maximum size(for example, minimum width of 400px and hight of 200px and maximum width of 1200px and height of 800px) and a specific size for the thumbnail so they wouldn't screw up the polls.
- Absolutely.
"Grace is what matters. In anything, especially life, especially growth, tragedy, pain, love, death. That's a quality I admire very greatly. It keeps you from reaching for the gun too quickly, it keeps you from destroying things too foolishly. And sort of keeps you alive."
-Supersonic- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 02:11 PM
Obsessed Fan

I loved looking at all of the arts this year, the contest is a great idea! Perhaps I will enter next year although it is tough as submission time is right around college finals time.

I do have a suggestion about something that could be changed. It seems like the arts that are ahead in the polls aren't necessarily the best quality ones or best graphics, but the ones that feature the most popular subjects.

I think a way which this could be avoided or changed so the best art wins is perhaps give weight to both the general member vote and a separate vote by the graphics team? Kinda like how Dancing With the Stars does it. Maybe there could be a point system in which the highest in each category (member vote, graphics team vote) could be given the highest amount of points and so on.. then the art with the highest amount of combined points would win? Just a thought.

Other than that, the contest is great! There are so many talented artists on this board!
BeautifulMistakex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 02:37 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks guys for all your comments! When we are through, I am going to read over and compile some of the feedback and learn from it for next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Supersonic- (View Post)
Jessie, I have a question: can we close and unstick the competition thread in our boards or should we leave it open until the end of the entire competition?
Feel free to unstick, but if you don't mind, keep it open for updates?

Last edited by 4N6 DNA; 12-29-2008 at 03:51 PM
4N6 DNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:27 PM
Extreme Fan

What did you like about the competition? I thought it was really fun to make a holiday theme art, it was my first time. And since I voted in all the polls I loved visiting the different forums and getting to know a little bit more about shows I never watched.

Did you submit an art? Yes!

-If yes, did you think the process and restrictions were difficult to work with? They weren't difficult but the rules could be written in a more practical way. Even though I'm not lazy, read everything and tried following the rules I had to resubmit some of the artwork I entered.

Absolutely.

Anything else?
I also noticed some arts are getting votes for the most popular subject instead of the art itself. Don't know if it's supposed to be this way but maybe a warning advising people to try and be objective would help. I know it's hard not voting for the show you love, but I tried to suppress that while voting.

Congrats to everyone involved in the competition. It was really well organised and great fun!

Oh I like
y o u!
rafaboreanaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Karen* (View Post)
The 2nd bottom art on the present TV show poll doesn't show for me.
Perhaps the person who created the art moved it from the place where he/she uploaded. I will send them a PM, thank you for noticing that.
4N6 DNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread