So, were they good or bad?

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 02-28-2018, 07:59 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

Thanks.

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 03-01-2018, 11:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tveitღ (View Post)
So, were they good or bad?
Ok. Down from before the break. Hoping it ticks up with the DVR which has been good there. Really hoping it stays at a 1.0 at least though.

Icon by Fiona
Old 03-02-2018, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Choate (View Post)
Ok. Down from before the break. Hoping it ticks up with the DVR which has been good there. Really hoping it stays at a 1.0 at least though.
Thanks! I hope it picks back up!

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 03-03-2018, 05:30 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

Quote:
Thanks!

~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 03-03-2018, 07:49 PM
Elite Fan

You’re welcome. I like the chances of renewal if it stays at a 1.0 (or higher of course). But you never know with Fox.

Icon by Fiona
Old 03-04-2018, 11:13 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

I never know from station to station anyway.

Old 03-06-2018, 08:55 AM
Elite Fan

I never trust the networks anymore. I broke my rule of not starting a new show (the Resident) until 5-6 episodes air to see how the ratings were. I’m gonna scream if Fox doesn’t renew this show after I’m invested like I am.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/ren...tious-upgrade/

Quote:
At the end of January, the Bear noted that if “The Resident” could remain above a 1.0 rating, it would likely survive.

For the next few weeks, it managed to do that — until last week, when it fell to 0.8, its lowest 18-49 number so far. Yet the Bear is still moving “The Resident” up to a likely renewal.
SpoilerTV has it listed as likely renewal too.

Not that these sites are always right but they have a pretty good track record imo.

Icon by Fiona

Last edited by Jamie Choate; 03-06-2018 at 09:12 AM
Old 03-06-2018, 11:00 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I never trust the networks anymore. I broke my rule of not starting a new show (the Resident) until 5-6 episodes air to see how the ratings were. I’m gonna scream if Fox doesn’t renew this show after I’m invested like I am.
Are you a U.S. resident?

I think FOX should renew the show now and that will help even more the ratings. I think the show got many things against its success when it comes to ratings. A not so good slot. Some mixed reviews. The fact that some big TV Media are overlooking (snubbing?) it. And notheless it's managing to get its audience. The good thing about those Monday's ratings it's that the show was against two big ratings shows (The Voice and The Bachelor) but also that Lucifer was down so it built out of its lead-in AND rised. That a sign the show is finding its own audience.

Last edited by *Ty*; 03-06-2018 at 11:08 AM
Old 03-06-2018, 04:46 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

I do think it is pretty good news that they have it likely renewed.

Old 03-06-2018, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i'm definitely thinking that it will be renewed too!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
Old 03-07-2018, 04:49 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

I just hope they don't make us wait until May.

Old 03-07-2018, 10:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Ty* (View Post)
Are you a U.S. resident?

I think FOX should renew the show now and that will help even more the ratings. I think the show got many things against its success when it comes to ratings. A not so good slot. Some mixed reviews. The fact that some big TV Media are overlooking (snubbing?) it. And notheless it's managing to get its audience. The good thing about those Monday's ratings it's that the show was against two big ratings shows (The Voice and The Bachelor) but also that Lucifer was down so it built out of its lead-in AND rised. That a sign the show is finding its own audience.
I am from the US.

Agreed with everything you said too. Another thing the show has going for it is that it’s produced by Fox and not an outside production company. Meaning it’s cheaper to produce and the money kicks back to Fox.

I really thought once the Olympics were over we’d start getting renewal/cancelled announcements. I’m surprised we haven’t.

Icon by Fiona
Old 03-08-2018, 02:30 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Agreed with everything you said too. Another thing the show has going for it is that it’s produced by Fox and not an outside production company. Meaning it’s cheaper to produce and the money kicks back to Fox.

I really thought once the Olympics were over we’d start getting renewal/cancelled announcements. I’m surprised we haven’t.
It's also less expensive than The Gifted and The Orville (or 9-1-1). I hope we don't have to wait May to find out.

Quote:
I am from the US.
I asked you because apparently many U.S. residents do what you do: waiting to know if ratings are good enough before watching a new show and I wonder how that can help a show's ratings....if they don't watch it
Old 03-08-2018, 08:44 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Ty* (View Post)
I asked you because apparently many U.S. residents do what you do: waiting to know if ratings are good enough before watching a new show and I wonder how that can help a show's ratings....if they don't watch it
It probably does hurt a shows chances. I was never one to wait but there was a few years there where networks were trigger happy about canceling shows if it wasn’t hitting a certain mark. They’ve been better the last few years since the way we watch tv has changed. I’m still weary though because I hate investing in the characters, the story, only to have it taken away before given a chance.

Icon by Fiona