Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2018, 10:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Board Customization

Hi everyone ,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customising message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture or colour suggestions please post them in this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible, preferably individual pictures of each cast member. When suggesting colours please keep in mind that some colours will work better than others. The Team usually tries to avoid really vibrant and dark colours because we have found in the past that they are hard to look at for long periods of time. If you would like some help coming up with colour combinations we recommend checking out the design seeds website.

Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for this as you are the ones who will be posting on the board and we hope to make as many people happy with the finished result as possible. It does not matter if you are a board moderator, regular poster, or casual poster here. If you have a suggestion, please share it here with us .

Your suggestions for possible pictures and colours will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customised look possible the final decision concerning how this board will be customised will be made by the members of the Graphics Team. This is because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colours fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customisation process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send Mel, Aurora or Chelle a PM or ask the Team on the message board customisation thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customised.

Note: It usually takes less than two weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have made and voted on a winning graphic I will close this thread until the graphic and colours get put up. It will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Mel, Aurora and Chelle

i love you. ♡
Old 06-28-2018, 11:04 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Dun dun duunnnnnnn!

Definitely think we should just stick with the six kids. And maybe Old Lace if it works out.
Old 06-28-2018, 03:25 PM
Moderator Support Team

Aw, heck yes! I'm so excited.

I agree that we should stick with the six main kids + Old Lace. A tiny suggestion about the graphic is that Alex and Nico should be in front, since canonically they are the two team leaders. And that Nico & Karolina should be together, while Gert & Chase should be together, since they're the show's/comic's main couples.

Some pallet colors I would suggest (since it is set in LA, so I'm imagining a chill, beachy vibe):

Tropical Tones
Drift
Still Tones

I don't have a good rec for HQ pictures, though. Sorry.
S T A R D U S T

Last edited by majesdane; 06-28-2018 at 03:31 PM
Old 06-28-2018, 03:53 PM
Graphics Team Manager

From what I could see when I was researching the boards to figure out the rounds there isn't a lot of promotional pictures. Looks like mainly group shots? I think they're of decent quality though still

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-28-2018, 04:14 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by calling me home (View Post)
From what I could see when I was researching the boards to figure out the rounds there isn't a lot of promotional pictures. Looks like mainly group shots? I think they're of decent quality though still
it's mostly group shots, yes. there are some HQ episode stills though, that could maybe help.
S T A R D U S T
Old 06-28-2018, 04:46 PM
Graphics Team Manager

We'd prefer to work with the group promotional pictures before episode stills but doesn't hurt to post them as well as we may be able to work with them

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-28-2018, 05:03 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Alex and Nico at the forefront makes sense. They are the parents of the group.

OHHHHHHHHH. Those are nice color pallets, Twisty!
Old 07-01-2018, 08:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Artemis is right most boards with a large cast , you can fit 6-8 cast members for the board photo .

https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/w300_and_...7le3BtIj6n.jpg
https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.c...0&h=563&crop=1

Last edited by shinebrighterxx; 07-01-2018 at 11:20 PM Reason: edited pictures into links
Old 07-01-2018, 11:48 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Please post links to pictures rather than hotlinking them/posting them directly on here . And no one has said anything about not being able to fit the cast into the banner. 6-8 characters is nothing - its what we class as the perfect amount, not a large cast. If you want a large cast look at boards with 10+ characters (E.G. Degrassi, One Chicago, NCIS, Twilight... ect.)

Has anyone been able to find any HQ group shots of the characters? This looks like a better quality version of the second picture Matt posted. But for that one we'd need another picture of the blonde (Karolina?) most likely since she's mostly behind the guy in the blue jacket (Chase?). Not the best quality, but this is at least spaced slightly better so may be better for that character. There's also this one which shows some powers, & has part of Old Lace appearing (not sure if that'd be enough to represent Old Lace for you though?). My only concern for that one is that some of the parents(?) have their hands on shoulders Otherwise if there's nothing else we may need to look at the episode stills. It wouldn't hurt to go through them & supply some possibilities. That way if the team can't work with the group ones they've got the episode stills if they'd prefer

Just to double check the characters, using that last picture I liked to (with the parents/red figures behind) from left to right it is: Gert, Molly, Alex, Nico, Chase, Karolina? That's obviously not the order you'd prefer, but that's the order they're in in that picture I think & wanted to double check to make sure we have the right people & so we can work out the order you'd like them to be in

One more question I have - Are there any other characters other than Nico/Karolina & Gert/Chase who you feel should be next to each other if possible? Or is it just those pairings, then Alex & Nico being the biggest/front characters?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-02-2018, 05:51 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

The order isn't super important.

We have the ships. Alex and Nico are the central players/leaders/parents of the group. And Gert and Molly are sisters.

That little tail hint is actually kinda cool. Lol and the use of powers in a banner would be awesome.

I'm at work, but later I'll try to look for more pictures.
Old 07-02-2018, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry about that . I have seen pics with the kids and behind them are some of the parents in there red Robes
Old 07-02-2018, 11:45 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Thanks for the info on the order & other character connections

Just want to clarify which of the 'drift' colour schemes you meant since there's a few on that page? I presume it is the top one (this)? If its not that one you can click the image of the scheme you like & it should take you to a page with just it on it so you can easily link us to it to make sure we're using the right one

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-03-2018, 01:32 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by calling me home (View Post)
Thanks for the info on the order & other character connections

Just want to clarify which of the 'drift' colour schemes you meant since there's a few on that page? I presume it is the top one (this)? If its not that one you can click the image of the scheme you like & it should take you to a page with just it on it so you can easily link us to it to make sure we're using the right one
hey chelle. yes, that's the one i meant, sorry, i didn't realize there were other color schemes on that page.

it's really hard to find HQ pictures for this banner. it's hard to find HQ pictures at all. hulu was really slacking in this department.

also, yes, technically the order isn't super important. it'd be nice, but i know how hard it can be to make banners.

i will say that THIS promo picture was based off the cover of the original runaways series (vol 1) so that in itself wouldn't be a bad model either, as it has significance in and of itself.
S T A R D U S T
Old 07-03-2018, 05:28 PM
Graphics Team Manager

You'll just have faces & in a different order so you possibly wouldn't notice that connection with that pic

That's what i presumed with that colour scheme. Thanks for clarifying

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-03-2018, 08:20 PM
Moderator Support Team

that's true. i just meant in that order would be okay too. but i'm happy with whatever you guys come up with!

S T A R D U S T