Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2020, 03:03 AM
MST Manager

Last week was my week off.
Old 02-25-2020, 05:41 PM
Moderator Manager

Here's the pistachio gif

I'm so excited that Julie is part of the Management team now We definitely should celebrate (IDK why I didn't reply to this thread before ) Well cheers, girl!!

Today is actually Carnaval here in Brazil, so party all over the country... I'm being anti-social and just being locked inside binge watching Prodigal Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Si, how are you finding 911 so far? I haven't tried watching that show yet. Is the Lonestar one the spinoff?
As for 911 the first season I think they hadn't really find their pace yet, it was a bit too loose and disconnected, but in season 2 they picked up and it was an amazing season. I really like the show and kudos to them for exploring the history of each character I find that it makes easier to get us to care a bit more about them.
Lonestar is the spin-off even though there isn't really anything connecting them There have only been 6 episodes and just like the first season of the original I'm having a bit of a problem connecting with the characters, but I think it has potential.
Old 02-26-2020, 02:52 PM
MST Manager

Awesome gif.

I have been trying to post a pic of some party food but Imageshack has changed format and I can't find where to upload a pic.

I will try again tomorrow. I have to go to bed now. Goodnight.
Old 02-26-2020, 06:59 PM
Moderator Manager

Oh I hate when sites do that.. I get that they're trying to make things better but once we're used to something a whole new different look take a while to get used to and it can be very annoying

Have a great night, Julie!
I'm heading to bed myself soon... I'm a bit dizzy today
Old 02-26-2020, 09:00 PM
Moderator Manager

Julie, ah that's cool. I thought it was this week. My bad. Do you usually post pics on Imageshack?

Si, what is Carnaval again? I think you have something over there around October too? Like another Carnaval or am I mistaken? How many seasons is 911 and the spinoff?

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 02-27-2020, 05:23 AM
MST Manager

Feel better soon, Si!

Yes, I like to use Imageshack, or I did. I will see if I can make the food pic work. It was Carnaval food.

EDIT: It works now! Here is some celebration food.

Old 02-27-2020, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That good looks good.

Congratulations Julie! You're going to be great in your new role!
Old 02-27-2020, 08:19 PM
Moderator Manager

^ Ohh that looks yummy!! And I can see the Carnaval theme there with lots of meat, and rice/beans and boiled corn

Carnaval originally is an annual Brazilian festival held between the Friday afternoon before Ash Wednesday and Ash Wednesday at noon, which marks the beginning of Lent, the forty-day period before Easter. But in reality is a HUGE party that is celebrated differently (sort of) depending on where in Brazil we're talking about.
It can be seen as a costume party in some places, others have this big competition of parades (some people in the parade have very skimpy clothes) of different groups that prepare throughout the whole year (in Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro - pic of one of the cars or the group that won), and here in Bahia (my state) it's street Carnaval where the main avenue and nearby streets are closed for that, and there are something called Trio Eletrico (it's a kind of truck that has a high-power sound system and a stage for music performances on the top), so the band plays for the crowd as the truck drives through the streets... and we're talking big crowds, like the major cities that are famous because of Carnaval here gather hundreds of thousands of people... it's insane but super fun if you're into partying A LOT (this is a picture from this year's carnaval here in Bahia)

In October I only really remember Oktoberfest but that's not really typical here, it's a huge party done in the South because the region was colonized by Germans.

911 is in it's 3rd season (first has only 10 episodes, and 2nd 18); and the spinoff is in the first season only like 6 episodes in I think
Old 02-27-2020, 09:35 PM
Moderator Manager

Julie, wow! I'll have some of that food please.

Pia, how's your week been so far?

Si, that all sounds very festive. Is it usually held before the Lenten season? Do you dress up and party on the streets or is it okay to just party at home? That's not so bad about 911. I thought it was 22 eps. I'd rather watch shows with only 10 eps (or less). 18 is also okay.

Old 02-28-2020, 05:13 AM
MST Manager

Thank you, Pia.

Wow. Amazing pics, Si.

Feel free to tuck into the food.
Old 02-28-2020, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
I had a great weekend too
I caught up with 9-1-1 and 9-1-1 Lone Star yesterday and I made some fan arts today, only fun things
Nice What fan arts did you make?
Old 02-28-2020, 07:12 PM
Moderator Manager

We are so attacking Julie's food

I made 30 icons of the movie Serenity for a challenge at the Fan Art Board and a couple of banners that were requested.

Quote:
Si, that all sounds very festive. Is it usually held before the Lenten season? Do you dress up and party on the streets or is it okay to just party at home? That's not so bad about 911. I thought it was 22 eps. I'd rather watch shows with only 10 eps (or less). 18 is also okay.
Actually Carnaval is officially on the Tuesday right before Ash Wednesday, but the parties here in Bahia start like in the beginning of February and intensifies on the Friday before it.. then it's a non-stop party till Wednesday.
I used to go to the party on the Avenue when I was younger, but for a few years now I just use the time when everybody is partying to just hide at home and relax (like an old lady )
Yeah nowadays I don't like long seasons, but also not really into the super short ones... so I think 15-18 is a good amount
Old 02-28-2020, 09:01 PM
Moderator Manager

Julie, I love your icon!!!

Si, LOL. I'd probably be the same. I've outgrown parties now although when I was younger, I hit them all up like there's no tomorrow. I watch a UK show that's only 6 eps but I have to wait 1.5 years for a new season to premiere because the main actors are usually busy with other stuff.

Old 02-28-2020, 09:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Julie, I love your icon!!!

Si, LOL. I'd probably be the same. I've outgrown parties now although when I was younger, I hit them all up like there's no tomorrow. I watch a UK show that's only 6 eps but I have to wait 1.5 years for a new season to premiere because the main actors are usually busy with other stuff.
What show is that?
Old 02-29-2020, 06:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Si, thanks for the explanation of Carnival. I'd heard of it and seen pictures but I didn't know much else. And I'm the same way. I haven't been a party person in years.

My week has been kind of miserable. I'm having I think my 4th cold this season. So I've just been working and resting.

But I am going to a convention tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll feel better by then.

I hope everyone else is having a good weekend.