Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2020, 09:30 PM
Moderator Manager

Julie, I found it. It's on my office laptop which I have now. I'll post some pics this weekend.

Pia, I'm so sorry. What exactly happens if the ban is for more than 2 weeks? It's been really tough for everyone. And it's true. I really hope that after this, people have more appreciation for the lower ranked jobs. They go all out of their way with such a small salary because it's the only job they can do. Just yesterday, I was amazed that the garbage was still collected, although I understand that they need to, but I'm just worried for everyone who's out and not staying in. Then I remember that they do this because they have to and it's their job and if they miss work they won't be able to eat. And I used to complain a lot before when they fail to collect the garbage and now I don't care if they do. It's definitely making me realize so many things I often take for granted.

Si, I thought you've enrolled already. When do the online classes start?

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 03-19-2020, 05:01 AM
MST Manager

I hope everyone's job situation doesn't become too bad.

Things aren't too bad in my town at the moment. Some schools are closed and some shelves in the shops are empty but everyone is being calm and I haven't heard anyone complaining.
The delivery people are working extra hours.

I have managed to buy some ham with pistachios in it.

I'm looking forward to the pics, Lindsay. I haven't given up trying to get my video/pic to work.
Old 03-19-2020, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oddly enough, garbage collectors get paid very well here. And they have good benefits. And some parts of the country are adding grocery workers under the banner of "emergency workers", which means more benefits, etc.

I don't know what'll happen with my job. I have a feeling the ban is going to last longer than 2 weeks. The best I can do is sit tight. It's like you said, Lindsay, it's the uncertainty that's driving me crazy.

Julie, ham and pistachios sounds great! One area where I'm lucky, the owner of the restaurant I work at gave us a lot of food to take home with us during the ban.

Si, the online class sounds excited. Please keep us updated!
Old 03-19-2020, 07:46 PM
Moderator Manager

I'll be looking forward to see the pics, Lindsay

I agree I really hope that after this crisis has passed us, that people will be more conscious in regard of all jobs, specially the ones that are responsible for us having clean streets and buildings. Also, being more careful with hygiene as well as not spreading diseases when they have a simple cold.

I enrolled in the free intensive workshop that was only for 4 days, now I've signed up for the complete thing. I really learned some new tricks and techniques, and since I love Photoshop so much that will be handy

Pia that's so nice that garbage collectors get a good pay there I think it's such an important job and here at least a lot of people look at it as a "low job" or something.
Old 03-19-2020, 08:50 PM
Moderator Manager

Julie, yum ham & pistachios!

Pia, how long is the quarantine there, 2 weeks?

Si, when does the workshop start or have you started already?

Old 03-20-2020, 09:04 AM
MST Manager

Pia, it's great you got some food.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and things work out OK.
Old 03-20-2020, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
hi guys!

So I just got back, the show and play I went to Sao Paulo to watch got cancelled on the day they were happening But understandable.
In the end I basically traveled far away just to eat at some restaurants and do nothing else.
My town hasn't had any cases yet, so for now things are pretty normal here. But big cities here are already going through some changes as cancelling sports and cultural events, closing down some restaurants and forbidden gatherings of lots of people

Julie, so nice to know that your flowers are growing And I second Pia, share a pic if you want with us

Sorry to hear the show and play getting cancelled
Old 03-20-2020, 06:56 PM
Moderator Manager

This paid workshop I can take for one year, and the classes were released yesterday. The first live class will be Monday.
I'm also doing a Lettering class online I'm searching for a bunch of online stuffs to do

Thanks Sam! But due to the pandemic, that was understandable. Hopefully they'll reschedule once things get back to normal

Hope you all have a great weekend... even though we all probably need to stay inside
Old 03-20-2020, 07:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Good luck with the class

I hope they do too
Old 03-20-2020, 08:32 PM
Moderator Manager

Julie, you too. I'm looking forward to watching the F1 virtual race this Sunday even though that's not really my thing. I just need some sense of normalcy and don't want to just watch the news these days.

Si, that's good and it'll keep you busy these days.

Old 03-20-2020, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hopefully you enjoy the rest
Old 03-21-2020, 06:09 AM
MST Manager

Good luck with the classes, Si.

Lindsay, I'm not watching too much of the news either. Just bits of it so I know what's basically going on. Our restaurants, pubs and cafes are having to shut down but they can do takeaways. The government is going to pay 80% of people's wages if they have to stop working so that should help somewhat. To make myself laugh I have been watching some It'll Be Alright On The Night episodes on Youtube. They are outtakes from TV shows and films.
Old 03-21-2020, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm trying to avoid watching the news too
Old 03-21-2020, 08:33 PM
Moderator Manager

I hope the weekend is being fun (as much as possible) for you all
Old 03-21-2020, 08:44 PM
Moderator Manager

Yeah I'm mostly sick and tired of the news. So catching up to TV shows and movies would be on my agenda while we wait this out.

I went to the grocery yesterday cause I ran out of snacks, bread & some basic necessities. I didn't really want to go out but that's enough to last me for another 2 weeks. At least I'm working from home now although I've lost touch of the days already.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread