Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2022, 02:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The Sanctuary (Off Topic) #28: Because we can't believe it's almost 2023!

o f f t o p i c
Old 12-25-2022, 12:27 AM
Moderator Support Team

Hope everyone had a good Christmas Eve and a good Christmas tomorrow!
Old 12-26-2022, 03:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Same! Hope everyone had a good holiday!
Old 12-28-2022, 12:54 AM
Moderator Support Team

any plans for New Years Eve?
Old 12-28-2022, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Going to play some card games and watch movies, make some tacos! Just gonna take things easy. You?
Old 12-29-2022, 12:10 AM
Moderator Support Team

the sounds nice.

I work that day but not sure if I'll do something after.
Old 12-29-2022, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Sometimes laid back days can be best, and other times I prefer to stay busy!
Old 12-30-2022, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hi everyone I'm back!
Old 12-30-2022, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared ❤︎ Jensen (View Post)
Hi everyone I'm back!
You’re back!!! I’ve missed you SO much! How was your holiday and time away??
Old 12-31-2022, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

I've missed you too! How have you been?

It was good! My family and I ended up going to Disney, and had so much fun; the only thing is that we were not prepared for how cold it got! Some days it dropped to the 20's So the last couple days we were a little limited in what we could do since the cold was too much for us to deal with for long periods of time.
Old 12-31-2022, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I've missed you too! How have you been?

It was good! My family and I ended up going to Disney, and had so much fun; the only thing is that we were not prepared for how cold it got! Some days it dropped to the 20's So the last couple days we were a little limited in what we could do since the cold was too much for us to deal with for long periods of time.
I'm doing alright, made it through the holidays. I'm just ready for a new year and hopefully some happiness and health this year for my family.. It's been a bad last 3 years, lots of grief too, so ready for some change! I think we are about due for it.

OMG that's cold for Florida!! I didn't think that was possible... must of been some cold front?? I have only gone once to Disney World and it was around Valentines day, and it was SO busy but weather wise half the trip was very windy and chilly so had to wear jackets, the other half was hot and so humid. So I think depending on time of year it can be unpredictable! Oh how I miss Disney. Did you spend Christmas at Disney?
Old 01-01-2023, 09:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM's❤︎Sweetheart (View Post)
I'm doing alright, made it through the holidays. I'm just ready for a new year and hopefully some happiness and health this year for my family.. It's been a bad last 3 years, lots of grief too, so ready for some change! I think we are about due for it.

OMG that's cold for Florida!! I didn't think that was possible... must of been some cold front?? I have only gone once to Disney World and it was around Valentines day, and it was SO busy but weather wise half the trip was very windy and chilly so had to wear jackets, the other half was hot and so humid. So I think depending on time of year it can be unpredictable! Oh how I miss Disney. Did you spend Christmas at Disney?
Y'all are definitely due for it, I hope 2023 is the year that gives your family healing and is filled with health and joyous occasions.

Yeah, it was a Christmas cold front that apparently caused the coldest winter in Florida in decades according to the news, and we got told by some of the employees at Disney that the Disney area can get so cold that it's even snowed on occasion. I will say the Disney area is sooo cold, I think it's because of all the nature and the bodies of water you feel it much more intensely. We've gone to Florida once, or twice during the winter and it's never been this cold, actually, last we went it was hot. The parks were full packed but because of the cold weather, it was more bearable. By that I mean when the weather was more reasonable like 40's and 50's. Anything lower than that with wind and breathing actually becomes very uncomfortable.

Technically I did because we stayed at a Disney resort, so we stayed within the property but we didn't go to any of the parks because I sadly woke up sick. The cold, dry air wrecked my throat so I woke up with a horrible cough, on top of that the cold was starting to affect my mom, and we were battling exhaustion so we ended up staying in our hotel room, catching up on some sleep and watching tv.
Old 01-02-2023, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Y'all are definitely due for it, I hope 2023 is the year that gives your family healing and is filled with health and joyous occasions.

Yeah, it was a Christmas cold front that apparently caused the coldest winter in Florida in decades according to the news, and we got told by some of the employees at Disney that the Disney area can get so cold that it's even snowed on occasion. I will say the Disney area is sooo cold, I think it's because of all the nature and the bodies of water you feel it much more intensely. We've gone to Florida once, or twice during the winter and it's never been this cold, actually, last we went it was hot. The parks were full packed but because of the cold weather, it was more bearable. By that I mean when the weather was more reasonable like 40's and 50's. Anything lower than that with wind and breathing actually becomes very uncomfortable.

Technically I did because we stayed at a Disney resort, so we stayed within the property but we didn't go to any of the parks because I sadly woke up sick. The cold, dry air wrecked my throat so I woke up with a horrible cough, on top of that the cold was starting to affect my mom, and we were battling exhaustion so we ended up staying in our hotel room, catching up on some sleep and watching tv.
Oh no!! Being sick on a holiday is the worst. Especially at Disney!! My family has been through the same thing.. my brother and i came down with the flu the day we got to town, and couldn't even use our preordered Disney tickets. Spent 3 days in our hotel room resting, only to go back home after because my dad only had so much time off work. It's the worst to travel so far, only to basically go back home after doing nothing at all. That sucks hun! I'm glad you got to enjoy some it before getting sick though. Well aside from the cold weather!! I get the breathing and cold weather though for sure! Winters here are typically cold but mild in the 40s-50s daytime high and 20-30s at night, but at least once a month a snow or rain storm will move in with wind, and drop to 30s with nighttime in the teens. My parents are older now so they can't take the the winter weather even in the 40-50s these days, and winter only just started. My dad loves warm weather, hates cold, and my mom gets seasonal depression in Winter because we usually get sun 75% of the year, but in the Winter thats when we see the majority of the clouds and not as much sun as we are used too. So between them both Winter can be a challenge around here.
Old 01-04-2023, 10:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's awful! Yeah, it sucked and it's so- like usually my mom takes a whole pharmacy when we travel but this year she didn't because I hadn't gotten sick in years - literally - so she thought I wouldn't get sick so she didn't pack any of my meds. So, of course this would be the time I got sick. I did feel better the next day...so my sister bundled me up and convinced me to go to the parks with her at night which was actually really nice and fun, the temperature was more moderate, there weren't a lot of people around, and my sister was aware that I still wasn't well so we kept a nice leisurely pace. The Disney parks at night are actually very relaxing. My mom cannot stand the cold, our winters don't really get cold I think the most our temp drops is to the 60's, but even that has my mom wanting to bundle up so this trip my poor mom she had to wear like 20 layers in order not to be shivering.
Old 01-05-2023, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Omg i bet that’s cold for me! That’s my dad. He is always cold unless it’s summer!
Well I’m glad you enjoyed some relaxing time in the parks! Nighttime is very calming in the parks, I agree completely.