Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 04:29 AM
Master Fan

The Disson shows always do those ridiculous commercials. I actually feel sorry for the skaters when I watch them. I remember not long ago there was one in which Evan Lysacek was talking about hair products or something idek. I love watching skating but sometimes I just have to change the channel
Old 11-11-2010, 03:59 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by channingco92 (View Post)
Haha yes I actually saw it live when SWDOI aired As bad as it was, I thought it was probably the least painful out of the three

BTW Amelia, I got my book today, so you should be getting yours soon!
oooh hopefully!
Old 11-11-2010, 04:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

Meryl and Charlie mentioned Tessa and Scott in a new article:

Quote:
Davis and White are in the fortunate position of being healthy while their training partners -- Olympic gold medalists Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir of Canada -- have yet to compete this season. Virtue is recovering from leg surgery.
"It could only hurt us to go back and think we're favorites because (Virtue and Moir) are temporarily injured," White said. "If anyone can come back strong, it's them."
Skaters Meryl Davis, Charlie White improving programs | freep.com | Detroit Free Press

The book is pretty good Amelia! I just finished it about 5 minutes ago

icon by LovelyLaura
Old 11-11-2010, 08:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

Um just when I thought I'd seen it all on the facebook page Seriously people. I so hope Scott and Tessa neverever go on there.

On another note.. One of the interesting things I didn't know before reading the book was that Scott apparently never graduated high school. I wander if he couldn't go to school in the US because he was Canadian? lol I don't know how that stuff works. But thats not something I would have guessed

icon by LovelyLaura
Old 11-11-2010, 10:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think I know what comment you mean, Chandler. I just read it myself. That is more than disgusting ...

Hmmm, Scott never graduating high school would explain why everybody else is studying something except him. I don't know how this stuff works either, but obviously Tessa did graduate, so it should be possible. I mean they're not the first young people from another country to come to the US to figure skate, me thinks...
Old 11-11-2010, 11:46 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
think I know what comment you mean, Chandler. I just read it myself. That is more than disgusting ...
yup. Like, why did we even need to go there people.

Quote:
Hmmm, Scott never graduating high school would explain why everybody else is studying something except him. I don't know how this stuff works either, but obviously Tessa did graduate, so it should be possible. I mean they're not the first young people from another country to come to the US to figure skate, me thinks...
well it sounded like (and I'd have to check this) that Tessa travelled to Canada to finish high school. But it also said she took online courses, which Scott could have done as well. So maybe he just wanted to focus on skating

icon by LovelyLaura

Last edited by channingco92; 11-11-2010 at 11:59 PM
Old 11-12-2010, 12:38 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
well it sounded like (and I'd have to check this) that Tessa travelled to Canada to finish high school. But it also said she took online courses, which Scott could have done as well. So maybe he just wanted to focus on skating
Distance education is very common amongst elite athletes or young adults training to be elite athletes. It's the only way they can continue with their sport in reasonable hours.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:39 AM
Loyal Fan

Sorry double post

Last edited by moncoeur; 11-12-2010 at 01:44 AM
Old 11-12-2010, 01:40 AM
Loyal Fan

OMFG! WTF they actually posted that on a PUBLIC PAGE???? oh my oh my some people in this world are mental I tell you. The fact that they have the gall to write that stuff and their name is next to it. hahahaha oh gosh some people....

I found that with Scott you could tell his whole life was about skating whereas with Tessa I always got the feeling that she wanted more, she wanted to extend and broaden her horizons. I never really got that feeling with Scott academically which is maybe why he didn't finish school. Always opportunities to go back if he wants
Old 11-12-2010, 03:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

I had that impression too, Amelia. He's the only one of the Canton-Group, who isn't attending classes and that's not because he's not smart enough. I guess he's focussing on skating right now and he wants to think about what's coming next, when they retire (whenever that might be). Maybe he wants to become a coach one day, I think he already coaches youth groups in his free time...
Old 11-12-2010, 07:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenoftypos (View Post)
I had that impression too, Amelia. He's the only one of the Canton-Group, who isn't attending classes and that's not because he's not smart enough. I guess he's focussing on skating right now and he wants to think about what's coming next, when they retire (whenever that might be). Maybe he wants to become a coach one day, I think he already coaches youth groups in his free time...
Yeaah he mentioned something about maybe wanting to start a training centre specifically for ice dance. so I think he enjoys working with other skaters. He'd be good at it!
Old 11-12-2010, 08:45 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncoeur (View Post)
OMFG! WTF they actually posted that on a PUBLIC PAGE???? oh my oh my some people in this world are mental I tell you. The fact that they have the gall to write that stuff and their name is next to it. hahahaha oh gosh some people....
What did they say this time?

As far as the book goes, I was a little disappointed with the flow. I had a little trouble following exactly what season he was talking about in some parts, because he goes back and forth a little. It also bothered me that not every picture had the year it was taken listed! Other than that, it's awesome, of course!
Old 11-12-2010, 02:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
What did they say this time?
stupid assumptions about Tessa and Jessica's sex lives

Quote:
As far as the book goes, I was a little disappointed with the flow. I had a little trouble following exactly what season he was talking about in some parts, because he goes back and forth a little. It also bothered me that not every picture had the year it was taken listed! Other than that, it's awesome, of course!
I know what you mean. It sometimes felt like a laundry list of differant competitions and awards, which is probably interesting to someone knowledgable of the figure skating world, but I found those parts sort of boring. And I don't think the writing was the best in the world. But it was perfect otherwise

Scott did say in the book that getting his high school diploma is one of his first priorites, so my guess is he'll try and get it after they stop skating.

ETA: New pic of Scott and Jess on fb

icon by LovelyLaura

Last edited by channingco92; 11-12-2010 at 05:44 PM
Old 11-12-2010, 09:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
stupid assumptions about Tessa and Jessica's sex lives
That comment on FB is just...WTF!? People shouldn't even be speculating about that stuff. I can't believe the comments that some of these people make on public sites like Facebook. How embarrassing.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

You can see Scott and Tessa's award speech on the facebook page I love their linked arms in the beginning

icon by LovelyLaura
Closed Thread   Post New Thread