Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 04:04 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Carmelo Anthony
Don't forget Nene
Sounds like Rodzilla's wifes name or something, we have Melo and K-Mart, followed by Denise Rodman and his new wife, NENE!!! haha.
Old 10-07-2004, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

at Age.

Been reported that Lebron James is a father now, his girlfriend had a baby boy yesterday.
Old 10-07-2004, 02:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by M_J_23

Been reported that Lebron James is a father now, his girlfriend had a baby boy yesterday.
I didn't even know he had a girlfriend.

Age-a-licious's Bootylicious Nsync Fanfiction Page
Old 10-07-2004, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Me neither let alone that she was expecting.
Old 10-08-2004, 03:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
IndyFan, like I said...it should be interesting. Wonder if Rodman will dye his hair that baby blue color?
I wonder if he can keep from being ejected.
With only 10 minutes a game, and if they keep him away from the cameramen....it might work.
Old 10-08-2004, 05:47 PM
Master Fan

Training camp has officially started. That means the regular season is only a few weeks away!

For the first time in a LONG time, I’m actually looking forward to watching Year 7 of the Bulls’ rebuilding plan. Eddy Curry has finally gotten serious by getting into shape, the mix of youth and talent looks promising, and I like the additions of Noccioni and Piatkowski. There’s no way this team is a playoff contender, but they should definitely be a lot more competitive this year. Especially if Ben Gordon is able to adjust to the NBA game and become the scorer the Bulls desperately need.

Quote:
Rodman in Denver? Now that would be very interesting.
I can’t see that happening, either. While Rodzilla would bring a lot of attention to the Nuggets organization, I doubt it's the kind they would want. Besides, let’s face it, he’s 43 years old and is a shell of the player he used to be. It would be crazy to expect him to put up numbers anywhere comparable to those of his hey day. Denver doesn’t need him to be that type of player, but he still probably wouldn’t be able to hang with the big boys for more than small periods at a time.

But, who knows? I could be wrong. Rodman always keeps himself in shape and might just be able to surprise people. Let’s say he does pass the physical test and makes the team....there’s no way I see him sticking on the roster for very long. Not if he keeps up his usual antics. I don’t see Kiki (Now, there’s a good name for Rodman’s girlfriend! ) or Bzdelik putting up with the disruptions and media circus that will inevitably follow him around. In order to keep the focus on the team, they would have to exude an incredible amount of patience and peace-keeping. I’ve only seen one coach do that successfully thus far. His name? Phil Jackson.
Old 10-08-2004, 07:44 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by Chi159
Training camp has officially started. That means the regular season is only a few weeks away!
Time sure does fly, huh? I can't believe the new season will be here soon.
Old 10-08-2004, 08:43 PM
Extreme Fan

Kiki is one of the best GM's in the NBA.
Old 10-09-2004, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Can't say how much I'm happy to hear that. I've been bored with football and baseball lately...I want to see some b-ball.
Old 10-11-2004, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Rockets beat Heat last night.

A 'cool' debut for Shaq and Heat

HOUSTON - It already was a success when Shaquille O'Neal put on his black No. 32 Heat uniform and stepped on the Toyota Center floor.

It was a success when the 7-1 center scored 17 points on 8-of-14 shooting, grabbed seven rebounds and committed five fouls in 22 minutes on that floor.

And it was a success despite the Heat's 85-75 loss to the Rockets. That's because the game doesn't count, and when it ended O'Neal was still wearing that black Heat uniform.

''It went cool,'' O'Neal said of his Heat debut. ``It's our first game, of course, but we're going to be fine. It's going to be a fun journey.''

O'Neal started the game matched up with 7-5 Rockets center Yao Ming, one of the few centers in the NBA who can challenge O'Neal on both ends of the floor.

O'Neal's first touch resulted in a turnover when the Rockets quickly double-teamed him. It took him a few trips down the floor to get his first bucket, a tip-in of a miss by Dwyane Wade with 9:08 left in the first quarter. But the center was getting little help early in the contest.

When O'Neal went to the bench for the first time with 3:40 left in the first quarter, the center was three of four from the field while the rest of the Heat team was a combined 1 of 13. For the game, the Heat shot 37 percent from the floor.

''It probably went as I expected,'' Heat coach Stan Van Gundy said of his team's offense with O'Neal on the floor. ``I would have liked it to go a little bit better, but it wasn't as bad as my worst nightmare would be. Because sometimes in the first game you can go out and guys look like they never practiced. I thought against a good defensive team we looked pretty organized, and we looked like we knew what we were doing.''

The Rockets seemed to have less trouble adjusting to their new superstar. Tracy McGrady, whom the Rockets acquired in a trade with Orlando this offseason, scored 10 points in 18 minutes, all coming in the first half. Yao, who also played only in the first half, matched McGrady with 10 points and five rebounds.

With the two of them together, O'Neal believes the Rockets will be a force throughout the year.

''I think they're going to be the best team in the West, because they're got a nice strong experienced starting five, not just a good starting five, but they've got experience,'' O'Neal said of the Rockets. ``Jim Jackson, T-Mac is probably the greatest guard in the West, Juwan Howard, Mr. Ming. They got a pretty good team.''

Van Gundy was particularly pleased with O'Neal's defensive effort. Playing a more active style of defense than he's used to, O'Neal seemed to adjust well.

''I thought it was pretty good,'' Van Gundy said. ``Other than a couple of possessions, I liked his effort defensively. Obviously we'll have to cut down on the fouls, but I liked his effort.''

O'Neal said he was playing in ''cruise mode'' as he learned to play with his new teammates. And he didn't display much enthusiasm on the floor. That, O'Neal said, he'll save for his first experience on the AmericanAirlines Arena floor Oct. 18 in an exhibition game against the Atlanta Hawks.

''I think the real effect will hit me when we play our first game in Miami,'' O'Neal said. ``Right now, we're on the road, so it's like another circus show. I think the real effect will hit me when we get into the crib.''
Old 10-11-2004, 09:52 PM
Master Fan

Wow! Shaq gave Houston high praise. Best team in the West? I don’t know about that. The combo of T-Mac and Yao has a lot of potential, but I would still put San Antonio, Minnesota, and possibly a declining Sacramento ahead of them (depending on if Peja is traded by the deadline). Houston will definitely be a force to be reckoned with, though. They just need to make sure to effectively use Yao’s talent on a consistent basis. I haven’t seen that the past few years.

That was a big trade this summer. I actually think Orlando will benefit the most from it. The Magic seem to be flying under a lot of people’s radar, but the additions of Francis, Mobley, Turkoglu, Cato, Howard and a recovered (hopefully) Grant Hill will go a long way toward improving this team. There will be no excuse if they don’t make the playoffs in the East.
Old 10-12-2004, 01:42 AM
Extreme Fan

I feel bad for the Hornets...they made the playoffs in a the weak Eastern Conference...well of the Pistons and Pacers werne't weak. But now they come to the West and have to put up with the likes of the Spurs, Rockets, Kings, Lakers and the improved Nuggets, Jazz and Suns.
Old 10-14-2004, 04:10 AM
Loyal Fan

hey yall, the season is comin on fast were still lookin for people to join our NBA Fantasy League . We need to get this thing goin so join today
Old 10-14-2004, 02:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow- Shaq in black. I'm used to seeing him in yellow/gold.

I've lost track....who is coaching the Lakers, now?

Pacers won their first pre-season game.
Old 10-14-2004, 03:30 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by IndyFan
I've lost track....who is coaching the Lakers, now?
Rudy Tomjanovich.