Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Peja to Indiana for Ron Artest. Pacers will loose more in that trade than anything. They already got a streaky 3 point shooter in Reggie and they'll be giving up there strength Artest gives them.

However Kings could benefit from getting Artest alot, they also need strength down low. I like the team of Miller and Artest.
Old 08-11-2004, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by M_J_23
Peja to Indiana for Ron Artest.
That's what I'm hearing. I'm not sure about this. Ron was much improved last year. Still, Peja wins those 3-pointer contests.
Old 08-12-2004, 12:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I like the team of Miller and Artest.
To think what could have been...

*Sniff*

Had the Bulls actually held onto some of these players, they wouldn't be in constant rebuilding mode.
Old 08-12-2004, 06:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Rockets signed 2 more guards...Charlie Ward and Bob Sura.
You turnto FSU for Cornerbacks, not guards.
Old 08-13-2004, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yea I wasn't too happy w/ that trade Rockets got. But that's Van Gundy for you.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:26 AM
Master Fan

Well, they had to do something with the loss of Francis and Mobley. Sura is serviceable, but Ward is basically crap. They still could have gotten something better.

Gary Payton refuses to play for the Celtics? Apparently, he feels totally disrespected by L.A. and would rather quit than play in Boston. I can understand why he's ticked off, but he knows better than anyone else that loyalty doesn't exist anymore in professional sports. It's all about the money. Sad, but true.

Spurs fans had to be thrilled to watch Manu's awesome performance for Argentina the other night. That last-second running jumper was spectacular.
Old 08-17-2004, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Payton refusing to play for Celtics.

On Saturday they passed the Dream Team versus Puerto Rico game and DAMN what an ambarassing game we played.

On the other hand, Puerto Rico's guard Arroyo was pretty darn good.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:12 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Payton refusing to play for Celtics.
Who wouldn't I'm on Payton's side, Lakers showed no respect for him. He's a veteran!
Old 08-18-2004, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This is the Lakers we are talking about here...look where they shipped Shaq too.
Old 08-19-2004, 04:09 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ROCKSTAR
Who wouldn't I'm on Payton's side, Lakers showed no respect for him. He's a veteran!
Celtics actually have a lot of talent on the roster this coming year. Recent word is Gary Payton will most likely be playing for the Celtics.

They should challenge for a 3-5 seed in the East.
When people get the opportunity to talk about the real issues, it becomes clear how vacuous the present agenda is. I have never met anyone in Vermont who thinks it's a good idea to give tax breaks to billionaires and cut back on health care and education. Nobody.-U.S. Representative Bernie Sanders
Old 08-20-2004, 02:36 AM
Master Fan

So now Payton is planning to don a Celtics uniform? Interesting.

Either way, I think his skills have considerably eroded since being traded from Seattle to Milwaukee a few years ago. He's definitely not the same player of yesteryear. His defense, speed and penetration ability have really declined. It was kind of sad to watch him in this year's playoffs. I'm not a big fan, but I would like to see his career end on a better note. I don't want to remember his decline, a la MJ.

What the heck is Dallas doing? They traded future first-round draft picks and Eduardo Najera (this guy is a great spark plug, especially on defense) for the totally overrated and overpaid Erick Dampier? I don't like this deal. In fact, I don't care for any of the deals they have made since shipping Van Exel out of town. They are taking a serious step backwards, IMO.
Old 08-20-2004, 02:59 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Milt Palacio
Celtics actually have a lot of talent on the roster this coming year. Recent word is Gary Payton will most likely be playing for the Celtics.

They should challenge for a 3-5 seed in the East.
I hope so! I would love Payton to stick it to the Lakers after what they did to him

And that Xmas game between Miami and LA... Man, am I going to be pumped!??!

I remember the last Xmas game I saw was Sac vs LA and we won! What a sweeeeeeeet day that was. I still have it taped somewhere, I think.
Old 08-20-2004, 02:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

ROCKSTAR, I think I got that Xmas game recorded too. This year's Xmas game is going to be so good. Hope Shaq flagrant fouls Kobe.
Old 08-21-2004, 09:53 PM
Elite Fan

I'll toast to that!
Old 08-21-2004, 11:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I can never figure out what Cuban is doing in Dallas. He is beyond trying to figure out. The dude has so much money that he does not mind throwing around to make his team better, but sometimes he does some things that make absolutely not one ounce of sense. I have stopped trying to figure Cuban out. I wonder how many fines he will get this coming year for balling out the refs. LOL

As for Payton.. He SHOULD stick it to LA.

NikNak.. Hey, my first post on this thread! :
Closed Thread   Post New Thread