Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2007, 07:44 AM
Moderator Manager

damn. race still a long wait! i hope for a Fernando vs. Lewis or Fernando vs. Felipe race in Turkey. talk about wheel-to-wheel racing!!!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 08-15-2007, 01:30 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by parasite33 (View Post)
dulce_maria are you going to the GP?
I'd love to live in Turkey, it's so warm there.

Anyway, I hope Fernando beats Lewis. That's the most important thing for me.
Race I have gone last year but I'm not able to go this year
PARASİTE33 are you going to the GP?I hope ,you come to turkey

You told true ''I hope Fernando beats Lewis''
If he's(fernando) gonna earn, It must work hard...This Only Remedy
Old 08-16-2007, 03:00 AM
Master Fan

Long time no see

I couldn't watch the last GPs live, life's busy but I saw enough to make a comment about Alonso/Hamilton. The two really like each other, huh? I love the arguement cause it's so silly. I can understand Alonsos dissappoinment, I mean he came to McLaren as a two time world champion and got the same support as the rookie Hamilton. But he should go on and live with it, that's how Ron treats his drivers.

Afterall I wouldn't be surprised if Alonso and Hamilton wouldn't survive the first corner in Turkey. I've the Senna/Prost "accident" from the early 90s in my mind.

Quote:
I don't know him, never really thought too much about him, so I don't know whether he's unpleasant or not, I just know he has a funny beard and a bad taste for childrens' names.
that cracked me up, it's so true. But I like Nick, he's good, he's fast and he doesn't talk that much, he just drives his car in a pretty good way. The opposite of Ralf Schumacher.

Last edited by perrygraham; 08-16-2007 at 03:05 AM
Old 08-17-2007, 08:51 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ele309 (View Post)
that cracked me up, it's so true. But I like Nick, he's good, he's fast and he doesn't talk that much, he just drives his car in a pretty good way. The opposite of Ralf Schumacher.
yeah, i love Nick as well. he's a good driver, very smooth and totally the opposite of Ralf who i can't stand ever since he was in Williams.

Old 08-25-2007, 05:28 AM
Addicted Fan

Felipe was, just like his mechanic said, 'brilliant, absolutely fantastic' in the qualifying today!

The race is going to be awesome tomorrow! I really like Turkish GP.
"Grace is what matters. In anything, especially life, especially growth, tragedy, pain, love, death. That's a quality I admire very greatly. It keeps you from reaching for the gun too quickly, it keeps you from destroying things too foolishly. And sort of keeps you alive."
Old 08-26-2007, 01:36 AM
Moderator Manager

Kimi made a mistake in quali which really cost him. but nevertheless, i'm happy Massa's in P1. but sort of sad that he isn't near Alonso so we'd have those brilliant arguments again backstage.

i can't wait for the race which starts live in...4 hours time.

Old 08-26-2007, 07:33 AM
Ultimate Fan

watched F1 today

I´m so glad Raikkonen is 2nd
I just him
Old 08-26-2007, 07:36 AM
Addicted Fan

Felipe drove brilliantly today! He was under pressure during the whole race, but he managed it very well. He didn't make one single mistake. Absolutely fantastic. Not only today in the race, but in the entire weekend.

Kimi was also fantastic, didn't make mistakes either.

I was so happy when I saw that Hamilton had that tyre problem! It'd be ever better if he didn't score XD~

Here's how the drivers' championship is after the race(only the top 10):
01 Lewis Hamilton 84
02 Fernando Alonso 79
03 Felipe Massa 69
04 Kimi Räikkönen 68
05 Nick Heidfeld 47
06 Robert Kubica 29
07 Heikki Kovalainen 19
08 Giancarlo Fisichella 17
09 Alexander Wurz 13
10 Nico Rosberg 9

And the constructor's championship:
01 McLaren-Mercedes 148
02 Ferrari 137
03 BMW 77
04 Renault 36
05 Williams-Toyota 22
06 Red Bull-Renault 16
07 Toyota 12
08 Super Aguri-Honda 4
09 Honda 1
10 STR-Ferrari 0
"Grace is what matters. In anything, especially life, especially growth, tragedy, pain, love, death. That's a quality I admire very greatly. It keeps you from reaching for the gun too quickly, it keeps you from destroying things too foolishly. And sort of keeps you alive."
Old 08-26-2007, 07:50 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoVe-Story (View Post)
watched F1 today
hey! i never knew you watch F1! some other thing we have in common.

david: i'm glad Lewis had that tyre problem too because the race was boring! and only one unclassified - Mark Webber who had some mechanical failure. and i agree, Massa drove brilliantly today and so did Kimi but as usual, Kimi didn't look too happy in the podium.

Massa was just ecstatic! he even jumped like Schumi on the podium! his dad got a lot of airtime too and was really proud of him. and glad to see that Massa & Alonso are okay again. they congratulated each other backstage. Nick drove brillilantly too. and Alonso's driving today, he didn't push too hard if you ask me. he could've overtaken Nick anytime so that was weird for me. Kubica's early pitstop dropped him to 8th place by race end.

by the way, they showed Alonso & Lewis' Mercedes Benz commercial before the race! i absolutely love that commercial!

Old 08-26-2007, 09:03 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
hey! i never knew you watch F1! some other thing we have in common.
Yay ....I´m watching it sometimes....it´s quite interesting

and I Raikkonen

Massa was awesome today
Old 08-26-2007, 09:56 AM
Moderator Manager

i've loved Kimi since 2002! yeah, Massa was awesome today. he deserved to win!

Old 08-29-2007, 11:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulce_maria (View Post)
PARASİTE33 are you going to the GP?I hope ,you come to turkey
Nope, no to the GP. I was just for holidays in Turkey and I couldn't afford both - holidays and GP. The tickets are so expensive!

Anyway, the race was pretty boring, wasn't it? The only exciting moment was when Hamilton punctured his tyre, but well... I was hoping for a DNF. I know, I know, naughty me, but that would spice the championship title race even more.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:59 AM
Moderator Manager

exactly, i was secretly hoping for a DNF but he's a brilliant driver and i'm sure he'll still spice up the championship. Italy is a tifosi-infested crowd! good luck to the rest of the teams when they get there.

Old 09-07-2007, 01:28 AM
Master Fan

Monza time! Too bad I won't watch it live.

Any predictions?

And some news, from planet-f1.com:
Quote:
`Alonso key witness against McLaren`
Friday 7th September 2007

Fernando Alonso could be the key witness in the FIA's spy case against McLaren after reportedly revealing the team used Ferrari's set-up back in March.

The FIA shocked the F1 fraternity earlier this week by announcing that, instead of an appeal hearing into McLaren's part in Stepneygate taking place next Thursday, a fresh hearing will be held.

Motorsport's governing body claimed they had received new information, and it now appears that it may have been handed to them by Alonso and McLaren test driver Pedro de la Rosa.

According to The Times, Alonso together with Pedro de la Rosa and his team-mate Lewis Hamilton were approached by the FIA asking them to disclose anything untoward in the spy scandal that they may have knowledge of.

'In addition to appealing to them to co-operate with the FIA's investigation, it is thought to have promised them amnesty from punishment should any disclosures they make lead to sanctions against McLaren,' the newspaper reports.

'The Times understands that the FIA's inquiries and the subsequent responses concerned an e-mail exchange between de la Rosa and Alonso that allegedly included sensitive technical information garnered from Ferrari via Mike Coughlan, the McLaren chief designer who has been suspended.'

The information allegedly dates back to the start of the season in March, once again extending the timetable for the saga beyond the April date when Coughlan is known to have received an 780-page dossier of Ferrari's technical secrets.

And, according to the Daily Mail, the information relates to McLaren making use of Ferrari's set-up for their own cars.

'The precise details of the emails are unclear, but it appears that they relate to Ferrari's car set-up. That would mean McLaren could have gained a performance advantage in their own car - flying in the face of their previous denials,' it reports.

The latest twist in this saga could spell disaster for Alonso's McLaren career, who is already on the rocks following comments about being unhappy from the Spaniard and an on-going fued with his team-mate Hamilton.

However, the Mail claims the Spaniard is 'expected to claim that he had no choice but to comply with the FIA's invitation to respond, though why they thought to question him in the first place remains a moot point.'
Old 09-07-2007, 09:02 AM
Moderator Manager

i can't believe the news! why would Alonso do that if he wants to risk his career in Mclaren? unless he wants out?

predictions for this weekend's race? i'm gonna have to wait and see quali.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread