Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2007, 05:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
but he drove brilliantly today especially when he passed DC!!!
That was brilliant, one of the best overtaking moves this year.
Quote:
and Massa's last minute pit...was that so Kimi would be in the podium?
Don't know. Ferrari hadn't the best strategy today.
Quote:
and yeah, nice surprise to see Heikki win 2nd place. he's more understandable to comprehend than Kimi when he talks.
Hahaha, but you're right.
Quote:
and how's that for the Massa/Kubica race to the finish line? that was brilliant!!!
That's why I love Formula One.
By the way, I don't understand why Kubica was penalised for hitting Lewis. IMO it was a normal racing accident.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:49 AM
Moderator Manager

me too. it wasn't such a big blow to Lewis and i don't get why he got the drive through penalty. its true, Ferrari didn't have the best racing strategy today. if they didn't pit both Massa & Kimi early on, they'd probably be racing with Lewis to the finish line.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 09-30-2007, 06:00 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
its true, Ferrari didn't have the best racing strategy today. if they didn't pit both Massa & Kimi early on, they'd probably be racing with Lewis to the finish line.
Yup, I read that they had to pit early, cause both Felipe and Kimi started not on the full wet tires.

Next race in a week, isn't it? Can't wait to China, I hope it rains too.

ETA: Sutil gets a point instead of Liuzzi, who was given 25 sec penalty for overtaking under yellow flag.
Vettel gets 10 place grid penalty for China.

I think Vettel deserved the penalty, he ruined not only his but also Webber's race.

Last edited by parasite33; 09-30-2007 at 06:06 AM
Old 09-30-2007, 06:11 AM
Moderator Manager

really? Vettel gets 10 place penalty for China? that's for the race right? so no matter how he does for quali, he'll get a penalty?

HAHA! if it rains in China, then for sure we'll have another exciting race!

Old 09-30-2007, 06:19 AM
Master Fan

Yes. He'll be moved ten places backwards on the grid.

We definitely need more races like this one not those processional ones, which can bore you to death.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:41 AM
Moderator Manager

well it was long, that's the only part i didn't like. but the rain won't stop these drivers from racing. case in point: Massa & Kubica.

Old 09-30-2007, 07:53 AM
Master Fan

Woot, what a fantastic race, to be honest I only got up because our reporters mentioned yesterday that it will rain and I wasn't dissappointed.

I think Lewis showed that he'll be the next champion today, so many messed up including Alonso and Raikkönen, I thought it was funny that he left the track at the same corner several times I see no chance for Raikkönen and Alonso to win the championship, Lewis didn't mess up all the year, why should he do this in the last two races? I like him, it would have been interesting to see him racing against Schumacher.

I don't get why Ferrari complained that nobody informed the team that they had to use heavy wets not the intermediates, I laughed at Norbert Haugs comment, he said "well, Ferrari complains all the time" I mean every team got that except for Ferrari...
Quote:
and Massa's last minute pit...was that so Kimi would be in the podium?
totally As much as I like Ferrari, I don't like these games. Let Kimi fight for his position, poor Massa had to give up his race, that's not what I wanna see as a fan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by parasite33 (View Post)
ETA: Sutil gets a point instead of Liuzzi, who was given 25 sec penalty for overtaking under yellow flag.
really? that's great, sorry Liuzzi but poor Sutil has to suffer with his car all the time, he deserves a point...

Quote:
Vettel gets 10 place grid penalty for China.
hm, I don't get this, but okay, he apologized after the race, he was really sorry for Mark, it was totally his fault but IMO there are too many penalties these days for nothing *thinks back of the early 90's*

Quote:
and how's that for the Massa/Kubica race to the finish line? that was brilliant!!!
that was awesome
Old 09-30-2007, 07:53 AM
Master Fan

I like long races, so it was okay for me. Only problem was that it was so early in my time zone.

ETA: ele309, I think they had to penalise Vettel if they penalised Kubica. But I agree with you that there are too many penalties, it's racing, accidents happen.

Last edited by parasite33; 09-30-2007 at 08:03 AM
Old 09-30-2007, 08:10 AM
Moderator Manager

well China will be the same time for me. we get it around lunch time so yay!

Old 09-30-2007, 08:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
ETA: ele309, I think they had to penalise Vettel if they penalised Kubica. But I agree with you that there are too many penalties, it's racing, accidents happen.
exactly, I wouldn't have penalized Kubica either, it was a chaotic wet race after all....

Quote:
well China will be the same time for me. we get it around lunch time so yay!
China is at the same time as Japan? That can't be, Japan was on here at 6.30, I guess China will be on at 8.00 or 9.00, much better
Old 09-30-2007, 08:27 AM
Moderator Manager

i meant not the same time as Japan but i'd watch it the same time as Japan, around lunch or after lunch for me, unlike the European races which usually airs around dinner time for me.

Old 09-30-2007, 08:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ele309 (View Post)
exactly, I wouldn't have penalized Kubica either, it was a chaotic wet race after all....
Totally my thoughts.
Quote:
China is at the same time as Japan? That can't be, Japan was on here at 6.30, I guess China will be on at 8.00 or 9.00, much better
I hope it's later, because getting up around 6.20. on weekends is quite hard for me. I had to set two alarm clocks.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
i meant not the same time as Japan but i'd watch it the same time as Japan, around lunch or after lunch for me, unlike the European races which usually airs around dinner time for me.
ah okay, got it

Quote:
I hope it's later, because getting up around 6.20. on weekends is quite hard for me. I had to set two alarm clocks
yeah I dozed through the first 30 minutes but I think I didn't miss anything...

BTW Schumacher got an award yesterday and the whole audience gave him standing ovations, I though it was nice. But his acceptance speech was weird somehow...
Old 09-30-2007, 08:47 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ele309 (View Post)
yeah I dozed through the first 30 minutes but I think I didn't miss anything...
The same was happening to me. And I was so happy when the first safety car period ended.
Quote:
BTW Schumacher got an award yesterday and the whole audience gave him standing ovations, I though it was nice. But his acceptance speech was weird somehow...
He get's a lot awards, doesn't he? I thought, he is quite a good speaker.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
he same was happening to me. And I was so happy when the first safety car period ended.
me too, our reporters wondered if the safety car has enough gas to do the whole racing period I wanted to see racing...and crashes, i've to admit that

Quote:
He get's a lot awards, doesn't he? I thought, he is quite a good speaker.
I don't know if he get's a lot of award after he retired, he thanked his wife and kids but added something about being egoistic, that was weird...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread