Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2004, 05:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Personally growing up Giants Vs. Los Angeles in Baseball was always the biggest rivalry. I was born and raised in Norcal and now go to college in Socal but I will always be a Giants fan at heart It is especially pronounced though because their is a general rivalry between Norcal and Socal to begin with, each claiming their region and way of life is different.

The classic though is Boston and NY. I love me some Red Socks though and I am huge fan of the underdog so I am always on their side. One of these years they will get their chance.
Old 09-01-2004, 05:52 PM
Elite Fan

I'd say UGA/UF...but lately UF has been dominating...so I don't know if that's technically a rivalry then...and of couse UGA/Auburn...record is really even for that match up...and UGA/GA Tech...b/c it's the instate game man

'lex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:51 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Goonieforever
Personally growing up Giants Vs. Los Angeles in Baseball was always the biggest rivalry. I was born and raised in Norcal and now go to college in Socal but I will always be a Giants fan at heart It is especially pronounced though because their is a general rivalry between Norcal and Socal to begin with, each claiming their region and way of life is different.
GO GIANTS!!

i like that rivalry too. the whole "norcal/socal" thing. the giants and the dodgers. and even though, it may not be that much of a rivalry anymore...the kings and the lakers.
Old 09-03-2004, 02:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by The Daywalker
It is Florida State Week, nothing else matters.
This is definitely going to be postponed.
Old 09-07-2004, 01:22 AM
Loyal Fan

Glad to see there are some other Giants fans on here
Old 09-08-2004, 01:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Being a Cleveland native, I am very well aware of the Cleveland Browns/Pittsburgh Steelers rivalry. It is HUGE. And even personally, this is tough for me considering both sides of my family are from the Pittsburgh area but most now all live in Cleveland. So the division within my families is also very split and VERY competitive. It is fun and stressful at the same time.
Old 09-13-2004, 01:11 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Goonieforever
Glad to see there are some other Giants fans on here
yup..a born and raised san francisco native.
Old 09-13-2004, 02:21 AM
Total Fan

Dude, more Giants fans, HELLO. Y'all need to come over to the MLB thread. I'm flying solo over there most of the time and it's lonely.

The Giants/Dodgers rivalry is a good one, it's been less pronounced lately because the G-Men and the Bums haven't been GOOD at the same time. The last few series of this season should be very interesting, especially if the Giants can get a little closer in the standings.
Old 09-15-2004, 12:31 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Chi159

NHL:
Toronto - Montreal
Word. And the Montreal/Boston one too
Old 03-30-2005, 07:24 PM
MST Manager

In this week's issue of TV Guide, their choices for best sports' rivalries:

~

(1) Boston Red Sox vs. New York Yankees

(2) Muhammad Ali vs. Joe Frazier

(3) Duke vs. North Carolina

(4) Larry Bird vs. Magic Johnson

(5) Martina Navratilova vs. Chris Evert

(6) Michigan vs. Ohio State

(7) Arnold Palmer vs. Jack Nicklaus

(8) Dallas Cowboys vs. Washington Redskins

(9) Army vs. Navy

(10) Dale Earnhardt vs. Jeff Gordon

~

Comments?
Old 03-30-2005, 10:46 PM
Master Fan

Those are all good mentions.

I see that they listed Magic vs. Bird, which is good. But the old-time Lakers vs. Celtics rivarly definitely should be near the top of the list. We're talking about the days of Russell, Cousy, Havlicek, Chamberlain, and West. That's when the real rivalry began. Magic and Bird just extended it during the 80's.

I know it's not much of a rivalry these days, but where's Bears vs. Packers? This rivarly set the foundation for the NFL. Halas and Lombardi? Hello! Besides, fans of both teams hate each other till this day.

In terms of women's basketball, I think UConn vs. Tennessee is a great rivalry.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:42 AM
Total Fan

Cleveland vs. Pittsburgh I grew up just outside Cleveland, lifelong Browns fan, hate to admit it but I switched to the dark side when we didn't have a team, but I still loved my "Brownies". Now, I just hope and pray that they get their act together this year and we'll win a few more games maybe both games against the Steelers.

OSU vs. the team from up north(Michigan)
What can I say, I love being a Buckeye sure beats being a wolverine. This rivalry is always great and I can't wait to be here down in Columbus(I go to another college in Columbus) this coming year for Michigan week even though the game is up in Ann Arbor, I missed this past year due to surgery. Also as of right now OSU is 2-1 in the Tressel era, I believe someone correct if I'm wrong, it's early and my brain's not quite working yet.
A dream that I can call my own"

Oliver♥Felicity
Old 04-02-2005, 09:08 AM
Extreme Fan

i'm british and the best rivalry we have going over here is the Liverpool v Everton derby - excellent time!!! especially good this year because everton have finally gotten to be good competition and are in the challenge for european qualifying spots
Old 06-16-2008, 07:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Right now the best rivalry is between the Celtics and Lakers with the NBA Finals up and running. This rivalry dates back to the 60s.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:05 PM
Banned

Nadal vs. Federer
Closed Thread   Post New Thread