Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2020, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Yes that must be annoying. But at least you job is safe I think.
Old 03-23-2020, 11:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

i'm still working, but there is less and less workforce each day. we don't get paid if at home. no idea how people will pay bills if they don't get paid. we would need a national unemployment fund if this madness keeps up.

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Old 03-24-2020, 06:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

At least I heard that the infections are going down? Or is that fake news?

Much strength to all of us

EC | ADC

Old 03-24-2020, 07:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movies (View Post)
At least I heard that the infections are going down? Or is that fake news?

Much strength to all of us
In which contry do you mean? In the US they aren't, but I heard in italy they are going down, just a little bit though, bc they were the first to start the strict measures.

Btw found this video of frankfurt right now quite interesting

Last edited by Arrakis; 03-24-2020 at 01:38 PM
Old 03-24-2020, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

all the world governments are lying, they have no choice. all our state rates are increasing in the USA.

it only works if the entire world sits home at the same time, all planes grounded, all ships docked, everyone home. travelers are spreading it everywhere they go. stop traveling and stay in your home. ugh.

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Old 03-25-2020, 01:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

the video gave me chills. first of all so well made, second...well it's a ghost town

yes people need to stay at home. why don't some get it? ugh, in some neighborhood of mine people did a corona party, means they met on playground, listened to loud music and drank alcohol. luckily the police stopped this party and they have to pay money.
Old 03-25-2020, 05:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Not been around much over last week or two. Im just checking in and hope everyone is well. Day 2 of lockdown in UK, soo much fun lol.
Old 03-25-2020, 05:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

hey Diana, been thinking about you too! how have you been?

well somehow i think or hope through this situation, the world and nations will work more closely together. we're all in the same boat after all. and i hope at least something good is coming out of this catastrophe once it is over.
Old 03-25-2020, 05:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I have been fine, just gonna go mad at this lockdown lol. Atm UK are in it for 3wks and this could be extended but today it was said that they can foresee the UK be in lockdown for more then 6mths, even then i think its too much cause countries can't be in lockdown too much. It'll destroy the economy.

The good thing to come out is less pollution. Skies are much bluer, cannels in Italy, particularly Venice is clear and you can see the bottom. China even reported a surge in birds flying around.
Old 03-25-2020, 05:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i'm becoming slowly but surely mad too. this home office stuff sucks and i feel insecure about my job since our firm isn't doing well. apart from that i am sitting at home, mostly reading or watching movies and such. it was fun 2 days long but now i am bored already and i miss going out!

yes that's the positive thing. the nature is doing much better now - until we start with normal life again and pollution.
Old 03-25-2020, 05:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Is Germany in official lock down too?

Loads of business will suffer and thats why we need to reopen asap and not drag this out. UK, US and Spain's government have offered to pay employees wages for an indefinite amount of time til things start to open so thankfully many workers should be safe. Is Germany doing any such thing?
Old 03-25-2020, 05:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

yes, we are too since Saturday. officially for 14 days but i think it will get extended. some pupils are in middle of their A levels, which makes the government need to come up with a solution. in one federal state they even think about canceling it all - means they want to cancel the big school leaving examination and instead add together their accomplishments right now and a resting grade. i am so glad i am not in school any more. their time schedule is messed up.

and yes, biggest problem are the business and many many workers. i myself am in short time work right now cause my firm can't pay me my normal salary. i am at home until end of May officially. then we have to look if we can go back to normal.
Old 03-25-2020, 05:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I may be very alone in thinking this and some people think its awful to say such a thing. But I think it would be better to build up Herd Immunity. Cause, I dont think things should have stopped, I think things should have carried on as normal for everyone except the elderly and vulnerable. If we built up herd immunity, this whole process would have been quicker and we'd have become immune quicker. Plus the upside is that the economy wouldnt be shot. Its a selfish thing to say, but I think its 10x better then bringing countries to a halt and literally plunging us back to the dark ages.

The down side is that many would have died and the hospitals would have been overwhelmed. But as someone told me, its a cull. The planet became too populated and mother nature is biting back.
Old 03-25-2020, 05:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i considered that as an option too but it would be too dangerous for the old people. i don't know, honestly no idea what the best for the countries and the world...

but yeah it sounds brutal but the ultimate aim to rescue the planet would be less population.
Old 03-25-2020, 05:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeh, downside it would have been dangerous for the elderly and vulnerable. But they are the ones that should isolate. Mother nature is biting back cause we are selfish idoits who take the planet for granted. Hospitals would have been overwhelmed for few weeks yes, but i think the state we are in now is far far worse. Besides this virus is merely a cold to about 98% of people who catch it. Its not as deadly as past viruses, just more infectious.

Bringing the world to a stop was the absolute wrong thing to do.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread