Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2022, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Holy ****, I guess the early reviews were right after all! And you guys too! I can agree with everything being said in here about Alycia's episode

References to the Erickson era were awesome and this is what this show has been missing, morally grey characters. For the first time in Fear for a long time, I felt tension. I liked all the callbacks to the holding.

Damn, Luciana using Daniel's memory loss for the benefit of the group, that's straight up cold. I like that characters are crossing lines, it makes them feel real… imperfect. Plus, Luciana finally got screen time! It's amazing how good of a character Luciana is when she's actually given some screen time! We're going to have to wait another four years to have her do something again though. Even Daniel in this episode, he almost felt like himself.

I was NOT expecting Arno to die at the hands of Daniel, I thought this would still be a bottle episode. My only complaint is Wes turning into a bad guy. He grew on me, so him being bad is going to be so disappointing. I also don't really buy the whole "what you did showed me you aren't any better than them". I'm just really hoping Wes is actually a good guy but he's doing some kind of double agent play…

Overall I can't believe they produced a good episode! It's a miracle. This episode proved we need more originals like Daniel and Luciana and Alicia back! And also more Alycia directing maybe! Kudos to her amazing directing debut, really proud of our girl She's as good of a director as she is an actress! What a ****ing talent that woman is. Beauty AND brains.
Old 04-24-2022, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

hell yes she's as good of a director as she is an actress! what a ****ing talent that woman is. beauty AND brains

you could tell Alycia wanted more callbacks and references to the first 3 seasons. directors on TV shows don't usually have a lot of say in the plot as that's usually the showrunners job to dictate, but AMC seems to let Alycia kind of run wild (in a good way) with what happens in that episode. can't explain the quality otherwise because i firmly believe that it's solely because of her vision that episode felt more in-line with what the show used to be and the number of references to seasons 1-3.

seriously the more i think about this episode the more emotional i get. finally some good episode with our beloved OGs in front and behind camera doing a great job. i felt nostalgic of the good old days

Last edited by Heda_Khaleesi; 04-24-2022 at 03:23 PM
Old 04-24-2022, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yep exactly, this episode was full of easter eggs and references to S1-3, and I firmly believe Alicia is to thank for that. THANK YOU ALYCIA
Old 04-24-2022, 03:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

she allowed us a glimpse of FTWD what it could have been
Old 04-24-2022, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Yeah I also did not like the way Wes suddenly turned bad, it seemed out of chracter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heda_Khaleesi (View Post)
hell yes she's as good of a director as she is an actress! what a ****ing talent that woman is. beauty AND brains

you could tell Alycia wanted more callbacks and references to the first 3 seasons. directors on TV shows don't usually have a lot of say in the plot as that's usually the showrunners job to dictate, but AMC seems to let Alycia kind of run wild (in a good way) with what happens in that episode. can't explain the quality otherwise because i firmly believe that it's solely because of her vision that episode felt more in-line with what the show used to be and the number of references to seasons 1-3.

seriously the more i think about this episode the more emotional i get. finally some good episode with our beloved OGs in front and behind camera doing a great job. i felt nostalgic of the good old days
Yeah normally they don't have much to say, but perhaps alycia actually spoke with the writers of the episode and explained to them her vision and the wrote a story of it, plus of course the actual directing making it good.

Yeah, this felt very nostalgic indeed, a bit like the good old days. Now imagine alycia could've directed Madison's return...
Old 04-24-2022, 10:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Significant improvement from episode 9 and 10. Probably best of the new FTWD. And as a surprise to no one, Alycia did a great job directing

Why did I genuinely start feeling bad for Arno and even start liking him after he got bit? And I was totally invested and that scene between Luciana and Daniel near the end gave me chills. Luciana is cold for doing that to Daniel though. I would hate to be her once Daniel finds out she's lying. And Wes...you little traitor!

Props again to Alycia for her directing, loved the callbacks! Great instincts! All in all this episode was great, it actually contributed to the story unlike the other two we've gotten in 7B.

EC | ADC

Old 04-24-2022, 11:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alycia Debnam-Carey

I think I need to watch online somewhere this week since I can't wait for another week
Old 04-25-2022, 02:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just did and I was posively surprised by...well everything
Old 04-25-2022, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrypie12345 (View Post)
I think I need to watch online somewhere this week since I can't wait for another week
You definitely should.
Old 04-25-2022, 10:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 04-25-2022, 10:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Yeah it makes sense she‘d be in one more episode before Amina.
Old 04-25-2022, 11:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

so she will be in 7x13 again.
Old 04-25-2022, 11:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Looks like the war for sure won't start until episode 14 as we all predicted.

EC | ADC

Old 04-25-2022, 11:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

i hope we see something of it, for at least 2 episodes. because they are all talking so much about it all the time.
Old 04-25-2022, 11:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Episode 12 is a John Sr. episode with June and Grace supporting, 14 might be Strand or Morgan again, and the last two are likely some combination of Alicia and Madison based on the names.

EC | ADC

Closed Thread   Post New Thread