Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2020, 03:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I feel like the writers are really trying to introduce the elements we want, which is good, but that doesn't mean the writing itself will improve in the same way. I guess we'll see. Overall I'm cautiously optimistic about the rest of the season.

EC | ADC

Old 10-19-2020, 05:04 AM
Moderator Support Team

I'm with you. Just cautiously optimistic I just wish they wouldn't split everybody up. I never understood why shows do that. Especially on a show when they had soooooo many characters that nobody even cares about.

I really enjoyed the Alicia and Strand scenes, it sucks that we won't see the only original characters together again for a while.

Also, their last scene, I definitely got vibes of Strand dying

Tori
Old 10-19-2020, 05:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't Have You (View Post)

Also, their last scene, I definitely got vibes of Strand dying
i have the same bad feeling about it
Old 10-19-2020, 05:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

The OG characters are back, Strand is back, the opening scene was some nice horror material. The dialogue is on point. The color is back. The camera work is interesting again. References to earlier seasons. Daniel acts like Daniel again, he's up to something. Strand speaking to Daniel in Spanish is such a nice touch. Also him mentioning Ofelia made me sigh. And Alicia and Strand fighting zombies was great to watch.

I loved the episode as long as I continue to overlook Virginia. She just does not scream villain to me. She she is annoying as hell though! I did like her sister a lot and I have a feeling, she will come over to our side eventually. By the way great casting for Dakota, she really looks like Virgina’s sister and she is for once an interesting new character.

I didn't see Strand killing Sanjay coming at all And the final scene felt like one of them is going to die (more Strand right now I guess), I agree with you guys

Honestly I'm excited for this season - maybe I am too enthusiastic but this is my feeling right now after having seen 6x02
Old 10-19-2020, 09:04 AM
Moderator Support Team

There was definitely something about their last scene for sure Glad you guys saw it too!

So was Daniel planning on doing something first and then heard Morgan? Or did he hear him then made the guy go back? i was confused by that whole scene.

Tori
Old 10-19-2020, 09:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alycia Debnam-Carey

I also got some sad good bye vibes between Alicia and Strand and not sure if they are gonna meet each other alive again

I think Daniel heard something or had a feeling something was going to happen and that's why he sent that dude away. However so glad he was just pretending. But I think we all assumed that
Old 10-19-2020, 10:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movies (View Post)
Overall I liked the episode. The only small issue I think is Virginia as a villain. I just don't get her motivation. Morgan and the crew was important last season mainly because of the gas place they had running.

Strand killing Sanjay was the best part of the episode I think, I am glad to see them actually realizing when a character is not going to be well liked and using them like that.

Alicia was more like a prep for Strand's storyline, however it was still much better than everything we saw last season.
Yes that is exactly what I meant as well. I hope that episode 7 will realyl be her episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryXX (View Post)
Honestly I'm excited for this season - maybe I am too enthusiastic but this is my feeling right now after having seen 6x02
Exited for the season is probably a bit too much tbh, but let's say exited for episodes that feature alicia. And yeah I'm also sad they split up in the end and am not sure if they will meet again, to use the 100 quote "may we meet again".
Old 10-19-2020, 10:24 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrypie12345 (View Post)
I also got some sad good bye vibes between Alicia and Strand and not sure if they are gonna meet each other alive again

I think Daniel heard something or had a feeling something was going to happen and that's why he sent that dude away. However so glad he was just pretending. But I think we all assumed that
It was a little confusing Since I thought Daniel was going to do something so he sent the guy out and then he hears Morgan. I thought he was going to kill the donkey at first

Tori
Old 10-20-2020, 01:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

I finally watched and I have to agree with what has been said. Overall glad it made me feel like the old times almost!
Old 10-20-2020, 01:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

We waited long enough for such an episode.

EC | ADC

Old 10-20-2020, 01:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Now we can just hope they continue this way.
Old 10-20-2020, 01:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

for the writers not to mess it up again. This episode felt way more like the first few seasons of FTWD.

EC | ADC

Old 10-20-2020, 01:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

I wonder if Gimble has done more work on World Beyond and that made FTWD better again?

Anyway I'm hopeful for this season. The sparkle was there again. Please don't mess it up!
Old 10-20-2020, 01:20 AM
Supreme Fan

Really liked the episode, and that's not something I have said about FTWD in a very long time.
Old 10-20-2020, 07:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't Have You (View Post)
It was a little confusing Since I thought Daniel was going to do something so he sent the guy out and then he hears Morgan. I thought he was going to kill the donkey at first
Haha--I thought he was going to kill the donkey too! I was genuinely worried for the little beast... But I think he was planning all along to meet up with Morgan at that point, although how they communicated to set it up is beyond me.

This season is miles better than last season so far but really that's only because that bar is so low. There was still a lot of stuff that didn't make sense, the villains are still laughably pathetic--how did those two rangers with semiautomatic guns manage to get dragged down and killed by a few walkers? when Alicia and Charlie mowed them down with ease? how does Virginia's plan to put Strand in charge of "an army" make any sense? where did all the molasses go?)--but worst of all I wish they'd give Alycia more to do! This was really much more Strand's episode than hers.

ADC is the best thing about this ridiculous show. They should use her!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread