Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2018, 08:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Yes the ratings this season have dropped a lot. I don't get how they justify giving it another season. A channel like syfy who always cancels their shows would have likely already cancelled it at the end of season 3.

Ratings def. went down if compared to season 3 at the same time.

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/f...three-ratings/
https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/f...-four-ratings/
Old 09-19-2018, 09:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i have no idea as well. pretty sure season 5 will be the last one.
Old 09-20-2018, 01:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alycia Debnam-Carey

The ratings speak for themselves
Old 09-20-2018, 01:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

yep that's true. still a miracle how they got season 5. but on other channels these ratings would still be great
Old 09-20-2018, 05:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It would be nice if FTWD season 4 was thrown out the window, moved to HBO and picked up where we left off at the end of season 3.
Old 09-20-2018, 05:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Sometimes I think about how much better it would have been if this show was cancelled after S3. It's sad when a favorite show gets cancelled, but it's way worse when you have to watch everything you love get stripped away and replaced.

Why didn't they just cancel it and make a brand new Morgan spinoff? I'll never understand that. All they did was break the hearts of people who were watching FTWD all along. I feel so bad for Alycia and Colman.

EC | ADC

Old 09-20-2018, 05:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's almost surreal what happened to this show, as well as The Walking Dead. I've never seen any show drop so staggeringly far in quality that it was unrecognizable. And I enjoyed shows like Dexter and Lost to the end in addition to a whole host of less popular seasons from other shows that people hated. This? I don't know how AMC and Gimple have managed to **** up this badly.
Old 09-20-2018, 05:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Something that seems so plain and clear now is that Gimple/AMC literally cared and put more faith in the POTENTIAL new fans they thought would watch because of Morgan and TWD lead-in over the actual FEAR fans that were already there.

THEN....Rather than try and bridge together these two different fans, they KILL our lead to hand the reigns over to a (boring imo) WD character. This decision has done nothing but DIVIDED their fanbase irrevocably. Idiots!
Old 09-20-2018, 05:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

AMC and Gimple are trying to build a TWD shared universe. It would probably look bad for the franchise if they canceled their very first spin-off, before it even reached a proper conclusion. It would almost be like AMC admitting that there's something wrong with their cash cow, which they never want to do. Also, I believe Fear is the second most watched show on AMC, behind TWD, so of course they wouldn't cancel it.

As for Morgan, they created this crossover hoping it would boost Fear's floundering ratings, although that seems to have failed. It was probably easier and cheaper to plop Morgan into an already established show, instead of creating a brand new show, and we all know AMC loves saving money. With all that said, I do agree with you, and wish the show was just cancelled. It's such a shame what AMC and Gimple have done to these shows.
Old 09-20-2018, 05:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SongIceFire (View Post)
Something that seems so plain and clear now is that Gimple/AMC literally cared and put more faith in the POTENTIAL new fans they thought would watch because of Morgan and TWD lead-in over the actual FEAR fans that were already there.

THEN....Rather than try and bridge together these two different fans, they KILL our lead to hand the reigns over to a (boring imo) WD character. This decision has done nothing but DIVIDED their fanbase irrevocably. Idiots!
That's how many big companies function. Rather than promising something tangible, like retaining their fanbase and growing it organically, they instead promise the intangible. Like massive growth into untapped demographics. Because unexplored demographics are a complete unknown they can keep the game running just slightly longer because the executives will consider it worth the risk. For the same reason we're seeing so many 'diversity' reboots. Like an all-female Ghostbusters or Ocean's Eleven. They don't give a **** about diversity they just can pitch the potential of a whole new demographic to their shareholders.
Old 09-20-2018, 06:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movies (View Post)
Sometimes I think about how much better it would have been if this show was cancelled after S3. It's sad when a favorite show gets cancelled, but it's way worse when you have to watch everything you love get stripped away and replaced.

Why didn't they just cancel it and make a brand new Morgan spinoff? I'll never understand that. All they did was break the hearts of people who were watching FTWD all along. I feel so bad for Alycia and Colman.
Better question, why didn't they keep ftwd with erickson and made a third twd show about morgan's journey, introducing, Al, June and John.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryXX (View Post)
AMC and Gimple are trying to build a TWD shared universe. It would probably look bad for the franchise if they canceled their very first spin-off, before it even reached a proper conclusion. It would almost be like AMC admitting that there's something wrong with their cash cow, which they never want to do. Also, I believe Fear is the second most watched show on AMC, behind TWD, so of course they wouldn't cancel it.

As for Morgan, they created this crossover hoping it would boost Fear's floundering ratings, although that seems to have failed. It was probably easier and cheaper to plop Morgan into an already established show, instead of creating a brand new show, and we all know AMC loves saving money. With all that said, I do agree with you, and wish the show was just cancelled. It's such a shame what AMC and Gimple have done to these shows.
Second most watched show was definitely breaking bad. Also Hell on wheels and better call saul have/had better ratings, if you compare it to season 4 of ftwd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfully (View Post)
That's how many big companies function. Rather than promising something tangible, like retaining their fanbase and growing it organically, they instead promise the intangible. Like massive growth into untapped demographics. Because unexplored demographics are a complete unknown they can keep the game running just slightly longer because the executives will consider it worth the risk. For the same reason we're seeing so many 'diversity' reboots. Like an all-female Ghostbusters or Ocean's Eleven. They don't give a **** about diversity they just can pitch the potential of a whole new demographic to their shareholders.
Yes, but while in the all female movies this is a smart move, what gimple is doing here is not at all smart from a business point of view. It was actually totally visible that it wouldn't work out. You just need a slightly bit of knowledge of how fans think to know that. Also hiring incompetend writers was a bad move.

Last edited by Arrakis; 09-20-2018 at 06:11 AM
Old 09-20-2018, 06:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm wondering if Morgan will take whomever is left back East and then they'll just blend the characters into TWD and cancel FTWD.

EC | ADC

Old 09-20-2018, 06:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movies (View Post)
I'm wondering if Morgan will take whomever is left back East and then they'll just blend the characters into TWD and cancel FTWD.
I guess so.
Old 09-21-2018, 02:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

on long term this is what's gonna happen.
Old 09-21-2018, 03:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Honestly, I would 100% believe this if it weren't for the fact that they chose Morgan as the crossover character. He's Gimple's pet. I don't think Gimple would bring Morgan into this, knowing that he was going to sabotage the show all along.