Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2018, 11:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alycia Debnam-Carey

It was only partly convincing. She should have a vengeance against the truckers, not everyone in this world. But then again you can't control craziness can you?

I don't get why they decided to all go inside the hospital...if it was for medicine, they should've gone somewhere else safe first, then have a runner or two go to the hospital to get meds. But you know...drama sake.
Old 09-16-2018, 11:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alycia Debnam-Carey

It was only partly convincing. She should have a vengeance against the truckers, not everyone in this world. But then again you can't control craziness can you?

I don't get why they decided to all go inside the hospital...if it was for medicine, they should've gone somewhere else safe first, then have a runner or two go to the hospital to get meds. But you know...drama sake.
Old 09-16-2018, 11:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

some zombie action was nice though. and Alicia was back, therefore no Strand or John. oh dear, i mean this is not enough to make it a good episode. but the term "not too bad" is already good enough for them these days.
Old 09-16-2018, 11:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alycia Debnam-Carey

It was more entertaining than other episodes. But the decisions these people made was just ridiculous. And the back story about the lady was interesting but stupid at the same time. So this is what she is doing now? Just randomly killing people because they help others? This has got to be one of the silliest motivations to a character in a long time. I mean I get she snapped but this isn't the most compelling way to create a villain. Especially one who should've been dead or captured five mins into the episode.
Old 09-16-2018, 11:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't see her motivation as random, albeit still crazy. I don't think it's about revenge either. In her head, she survived and got stronger after people refused to help her in her greatest time of need. So to her, she's doing the world a service by killing the people who are trying to help others, and thus making the people are still alive grow strong on their own. In other words, she's trying to perpetuate "survival of the fittest" in a way that benefits society as a whole. It's still evil though, and I hope she dies soon.
Old 09-16-2018, 11:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alycia Debnam-Carey

I see what you mean. I mean random in the sense she didn't know who any of these people were. I thought originally she was killing people she had some actual connection to. I thought 'polar bear' was going to be someone she had some history with until we learned it's literally some guy she was told about and then decided to kill him. That's kind of the definition of random in my book.

And I don't really understand how her 'message' gets across to anyone? It's just a crazy lady going around killing others because she sees them as weak. OK, but how would anyone know that's her purpose? When you have a group like the Saviors you can spread that purpose. Here on the outside it's just a lady killing anyone that she comes across. Until she had that conversation with Morgan we wouldn't know what her motive was which obviously was the point of having it. Character wise I get the point, but overall story it just feels pretty silly and pointless. We know she's going to be killed by the finale. And then what? Just some crazy lady died who killed a few people.
Old 09-16-2018, 11:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

she makes a good villain with some kind of backstory which is enough for me at this point. i am sure it will cause some massive character development in someone, or god forbid, it will cause Morgan to flip flop back to the other extreme again.
Old 09-16-2018, 11:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not gonna pretend this season is as good as the first three but there are still moments I enjoy. It's not entirely bad I don't think. This season hasn't been very good though and it's disappointing. I'm still entertained by some zombie action and characters like Alicia and Strand (okay he was missing this episode but I mean generally).
Old 09-16-2018, 11:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alycia Debnam-Carey

It has some good moments but overall it's not enough and the thing which bugs me the most is that it's all about Morgan always...
Old 09-16-2018, 11:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I do agree about that point with Morgan. They should focus so much more on the other characters.
Old 09-16-2018, 11:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

the writing for Morgan is just...what are they even doing with this character anymore? his decisions don't make any sense, and when he's not brooding about his life, he keeps trying to help psychopathic people. they keep flipflopping on his characterization, there's no growth to him anymore.

i can't believe we're nearing the season finale already when it doesn't feel like it.
Old 09-17-2018, 01:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Some of it makes sense, some doesn't. The addition of Morgan drastically changed the show and I am still annoyed by him. This episode focused mostly on him again

Not the best episode of the season but still okay-ish. Liked the opening scene and the little bit of backstory we got for the filthy woman. It was also good to get a little more backstory on the twins as well, I'm warming up with the characters. It bothered me that they didn't really try to kill any of the walkers as they were making there way through the hospital, the stairwell would have been the perfect place to funnel them in and kill a few at a time, and if you kill enough the pile of bodies would prevent any more from coming up. I have enjoyed Jims character thus far but saying I am sad he will die is too much. Hopefully he has a badass death scene next episode
Old 09-17-2018, 01:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

okay-ish is the best they can do right now
Old 09-17-2018, 01:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

I guess so still I liked the opening scene. I don't think she's a villain so much as someone who just went crazy. I mean the mud on her face makes it clear she's lost all her marbles once her husband died.

She's still going to die a gruesome death but I think she's someone you are suppose to feel sorry for.

But how she took the tank was just lame. There are six people and she's just been shot. I mean, c'mon??? At least time the explosion at the exact moment people get distracted and she runs into the tank. They had them react as she sat there and watched. Seriously???
Old 09-17-2018, 01:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

she is probably somebody Morgan is going to 'help'/flip to give him and his character purpose. Maybe then he will make his mind up about something for once.

and i tend to ignore some plot things, because otherwise you will find unlogic parts in every single episode
Closed Thread   Post New Thread