Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2016, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Still you should take the credit when you can I always do
Old 04-06-2016, 12:04 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparksღfly (View Post)
That's very true I'd rather have Abram's vision, the prequels bored me and made me hate the characters

Most likely i just hope Abram's knows where he's going with the storyline and won't pull a lost on us
Well, Abrams didn't have as much to do with LOST as people assume. He didn't have the original idea, but was called in to help flesh it out. He helped write the 5 year outline but only worked on the first season. After that nothing can really be blamed on him.

And he is I think a producer for the next 2 Star Wars, but he's not directing them, so whatever happens isn't really on him. The 3 different directors met with the writer to flesh out the story, so there'd be a definite cohesion between all 3, but each director only has say in the movie he's directing.

But seriously, JJ Abrams is my fave. I love all the stuff he has his hands in. i'm sort of dreading the next Star Trek because it already looks so different than the Abrams version...
Old 04-06-2016, 12:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh okay i thought that he wrote the main storyline (though on lost yeah it was Lindeldof and Cuse i guess) but yeah for Star Wars i really thought he wrote the whole storyline i'm actually glad i won't make the same mistake again

I'm not excited about the next star trek i really tried to be but nope somehow i don't think i'm gonna like it
Old 04-06-2016, 12:27 PM
Elite Fan

Well, I think Abrams was there to develop the entire plot, but he didn't do it by himself. The other 2 directors were there as well. So...yes he planned the entire plot, but not by himself. And as he was able to make small changes to the film he directed, the other directors will be able to do the same.
Old 04-06-2016, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope so that way the scenario will be a lot more coherent
Old 04-06-2016, 12:52 PM
Elite Fan

Clem, how's going with your applications?
I managed to gather some refs and I proceeded my applications to the next level...
My headache is the personal statement...

~ Pari ~ addicted to brainies Icon by me
Old 04-06-2016, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am collecting my references, i started the applications as well and yeah i need to write my personal statement and get my diploma's and academics records translated for east anglia, bournemouth should be easier. But right now i'm mainly focusing on my exams, i have an english law exam next week and i really need to do great
Old 04-06-2016, 01:10 PM
Elite Fan

I'm sure you'll do it well!

I'll try to write my statements during the weekend

Old 04-06-2016, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks

I'd like to write them as well during the weekend but i'm not sure i can do it, perhaps do a fake one and then see what needs to be amended

To how many unis are you applying to by the way? Do you know where yet?
Old 04-06-2016, 01:37 PM
Elite Fan

There're so many unis that I didn't know what to choose...so I decided to try in 10 unis instead of 15 Ten personal statements are too many so far

I'll apply to unis out of London, Wales and Scotland...

Old 04-06-2016, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow that is a lot

I had to opt out of unis in Scotland because the law isn't the same there, some places because of my academics and some places were too expensive. If it doesn't work out (and i don't think it will) i'll try again next year
Old 04-06-2016, 01:46 PM
Elite Fan

That's true
London is very expensive I couldn't managed...
I know they're a lot but I want to have as many chances as I can...I hope to earn a scholarship though, it would be the best...

Old 04-06-2016, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah me too, it looked really cool and it's always been a dream of mine but living there was too expensive and i was missing like 0,02 points out of 20 to get in
Awe yeah that'd be great
Old 04-06-2016, 01:57 PM
Elite Fan

We'll always visit London as tourists Depending on where my uni will be, I'll try to go there often

Old 04-06-2016, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Meh i've been to London a lot so i'd rather like go back to Wales because i haven't been there in forever . I might go to London during the summer i usually go once a year (i'm lucky i'm french)

God all this talk makes me realize that i really want to get in so i really need to move my ****ing arse and study a lot harder to pass with the best grade i could have (that is still not that high )