Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2017, 08:57 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Yeah, one thing the show hasn't done well in terms of that is it's not always one or the other in terms of left or right brained. According to my IQ, I'm a genius. But my EQ is almost embarassingly high at times. So it would be nice to see a high IQ, high EQ character just to show it's possible (Ralph is the closest we have to that) but it is nice to see someone who doesn't have a sky high IQ but is also low EQ.
I think Sly is the closest to a High IQ & High EQ person. More-so than Ralph. Ralph might be more of an example of exhibiting closer to regular levels of EQ whereas Sly exhibits unnaturally high levels of EQ.

Anyhoo, I always thought it would be nice to add to the team (intellectually wise), and Florence might be a nice addition, but I'm worried about the "trouble" she's apparently going to cause. I don't want her to cause drama for Waige or Quintis, but I don't want her character completely gone. She certainly would make a nice addition to Scorpion since Scorpion was established to be a safe haven for geniuses, but I hope she doesn't let her ego (as displayed in the sneak peeks) get the best of her and end up compromising Scorpion's reputation.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:42 AM
Absolute Fan

I agree Sylvester has the highest EQ of all the geniuses. Toby comes close, but some of his emotional intelligence is learned behaviour because of his profession.

I hope that the trouble they were hinting at with Florence is just friction between her and Walter.
Old 11-16-2017, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I'm really iffy on her still.

Old 11-16-2017, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Unless Flo relaxes considerably, I can't see her as a good addition. One of the great things about Scorpion is that as brilliant as they all are - they still have fun. In their own bizarre ways, sometimes, but they do know how to play and laugh. Flo seems so focused on her work that she doesn't know how to relax.

~Heidi
Old 11-16-2017, 05:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can see them getting people to sympathize with her over the whole "no friends" thing, but yeah, even Walter wasn't this uptight at the start of the series.

Old 11-18-2017, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I feel like they are working up to some sort of miraculous revelation moment - like Flo saves the day and suddenly everyone decides they need to consult with her on a regular basis and she in turn becomes suddenly friendly and agreeable.

~Heidi
Old 11-18-2017, 03:22 PM
Absolute Fan

The episode synopsis suggests she is to blame for the predicament they get into, so even if she does eventually solve the problem it doesn't sound like they will suddenly start consulting with her on a regular basis. She is in the Thanksgiving dinner photos though, so it looks like they will start to accept her by the end of the episode.
Old 11-18-2017, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Paige is a real sucker for Thanksgiving. I suspect if she thinks Flo has no where to go on the holiday, she'll insist on inviting her.

~Heidi
Old 11-18-2017, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not sure if she will end up contributing in a way that will save them so they feel they owe her or they just empathize with her. I hope it's the latter.

Old 11-19-2017, 08:03 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
Paige is a real sucker for Thanksgiving. I suspect if she thinks Flo has no where to go on the holiday, she'll insist on inviting her.
I can see this being exactly how she ends up at the table. I can also see Sylvester agreeing with Paige's decision, but unless something happens in the episode to change Walter's opinion of Florence, I imagine he will still not be very happy that she accepts the invitation. I really hope this doesn't cause too much Waige friction, not when Paige seems to have finally started to understand how to navigate their relationship.
Old 11-19-2017, 08:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Even if Walter has some professional antagonism towards Flo, I think he'll go along with Paige on something that is a purely social decision - or at least he'll try to put a good face on it.

If the tension between Paige and Walter regarding Flo is because Paige wants to be nice to her and Walter doesn't like her - I can deal with that MUCH better than I can deal with any hints of another triangle.

~Heidi
Old 11-19-2017, 03:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
Even if Walter has some professional antagonism towards Flo, I think he'll go along with Paige on something that is a purely social decision - or at least he'll try to put a good face on it.

If the tension between Paige and Walter regarding Flo is because Paige wants to be nice to her and Walter doesn't like her - I can deal with that MUCH better than I can deal with any hints of another triangle.
I think that is what is going to be Paige wants to be friends and Walter doesn't I read the synopsis on spoiler tv of episode 4.10 on the 27th it says Paige is helping Walter with his feelings about the possibility of Cage going to prison so it seems Waige we be on solid ground thru 4.10 at least

Last edited by Earnie; 11-19-2017 at 03:29 PM
Old 11-20-2017, 02:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Looks like we’re finally going to meet Amy! Here’s the link.
Old 11-20-2017, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm excited to meet Amy but not that she's recurring. It's been implied that Flo will cause issues for Waige, I don't want someone around causing issues for Quintis too - especially not at the same time.

Old 11-20-2017, 03:30 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I'm excited to meet Amy but not that she's recurring. It's been implied that Flo will cause issues for Waige, I don't want someone around causing issues for Quintis too - especially not at the same time.
I agree. I'm glad Amy hasn't been completely forgotten about and I'm excited to see how Toby and Happy will cope with her reappearance, but I would definitely prefer it if she wasn't a recurring character. Unless, of course, she turns out to be lovely and doesn't actually cause any major Quintis issues. Maybe she could bond with Happy? (I can't really see that happening, I'm just being optimistic! )